Highway 7 & 9

FlorC

Hi drivers,

Avoiding the reds in Bangkok, I tried the ringway 9 and highway 7. :)

Went on in Rangsit (on the road to Nakhon Nayok)to get off in Bang Saen (Chonburi).

4 Times had to pay 30 B. :D

Of course it is quicker, easier and NO MOTORBIKES or red shirts, but come on with no warning,

no way to get off you get driven to 4 toll gates. :D

So my question: how many times do you have to pay to go all the way to Pattaya?

And is it the same the other way around: Pattaya to Rangsit?

They are sure milking this one! I think about 1 B /km, that is nearly the same as my fuel consumption!

Yes I know I have the choice of not taking 'em and take pothole road 34 and the expressway.

Thanks

I think that combo of toll roads is pretty good, especially Hwy 9 as it's being widened to three lanes in both directions. I don't much like Hwy 7, perhaps only because of the heavy traffic.

I use 9 then the new toll cutoff that connects to the Ramintra-Atnarong Expressway to get into Bangkok, get off at Sukumvit Soi 50 exit, park free, for three hours, at the Tesco-Lotus, and BTS Skytrain into town. A nice change from using the Rangsit-Din Daeng route, since I live out at Klong 10, cheaper, well, less expensive, too. baht 70 vs baht 110 one way.

Mac

Thanks,

Good to hear that after Chonburi there are no toll booths. Yes the 7 is already packed with heavy traffic.

I've just read that the last piece near Pattaya is opening soon.

By the way , I drive slow and on a nice highway , I can keep my Dmax on 4,2l/100km av.

That is about 1,2 B/km with price of diesel around 29B/l.

Thanks,

Good to hear that after Chonburi there are no toll booths. Yes the 7 is already packed with heavy traffic.

I've just read that the last piece near Pattaya is opening soon.

By the way , I drive slow and on a nice highway , I can keep my Dmax on 4,2l/100km av.

That is about 1,2 B/km with price of diesel around 29B/l.

You are getting 24 km/liter? Amazing. Best I can do in my Dmax is 14 km/l

Like I said , I drive slowww. I once drove Bangkok 35-4-41-401 to Nakhon Si Thammarat,

in 4,1 l/100km av. Pretty good road except for the bad stretch from Prachuap KK to north Surat.

Bangkok - Chiang Mai av 4,6. More mountains and via the 11 not the bad 1.

Like I said , I drive slowww. I once drove Bangkok 35-4-41-401 to Nakhon Si Thammarat,

in 4,1 l/100km av. Pretty good road except for the bad stretch from Prachuap KK to north Surat.

You're me here. Of course I'm a bit of a leadfoot. I average about 120 km/h and love to push 150-160 km/h in safe stretches with little traffic. Needless to say I average about 12 km/l. :)

You're me here. Of course I'm a bit of a leadfoot. I average about 120 km/h and love to push 150-160 km/h in safe stretches with little traffic. Needless to say I average about 12 km/l. :)

So you're the one I always see in my rear view mirror, flashing your headlights when I drive in the right lane because the left one sucks? :D

Needles to say I annoy a lot of people on the road :D .

Just kidding...