Is Giving My Girlfriend 20,000 Baht Per Month Enough?

Puriku

I met my girlfriend one year ago at a hair and nail salon. She worked like 15 hours a day and claimed she made 30k per month sometimes. After watching her work in this endless cycle she stopped working. She told me that 20,000 baht would be enough. She has two children that both live with her mom here in Bangkok.

Fast forward one year later and she is telling me that 20k is not enough. Yet from my understanding 20k is good money here especially for a Thai. I give her the 20k on top of taking care of all of our eating, room rent etc. Am I not being generous enough? Or am I being taken for a ride? She has never really given me a problem except her temper at times so it is hard for me to believe she is trying to take advantage of me. All reasonable advice comments are welcome. She gives 5k of the money every month to her mom and spends money on the usual Tesco stuff for her kids.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems a bit excessive, but I generally don't date women who aren't self sufficient. Needless to say, I don't date much, but when I do it's alot less expensive. Even I live here on a lot less than 20,000 THB some months. It's not glamorous, but 20,000 is a good income for a local. Sounds like the hook is set, and she's trying to determine how big of a fish you are. Have fun!!!

She gives 5k to her mom and her room rent (Maybe around 3k-4k?)

so she has 11k left for herself and her kids.

If she tighten her belt. She can live with that amount of money.

but Since she has kids, I think give her 25k per month is OK. but shouldn't give her more than that.

Folks I am asking a legitimate question because I do not know. I do not know what a troll post or person is but I am simply trying to make a determination here based on the experience of others. Thanks.

I guess it kind of depends on whether or not you are truly a handsome man.

This has to be a troll post and I can't believe I actually read it much less responded.

Folks I am asking a legitimate question because I do not know. I do not know what a troll post or person is but I am simply trying to make a determination here based on the experience of others. Thanks.

This has to be a troll post and I can't believe I actually read it much less responded.

Go back to post #3 and spend the rest of the day reading about this topic which has been done over and over and over again.

Open your eye's and look carefully, there are a lot of women who keep a number of men stringed along with monthly payments like this. Yours might be genuine but it is not always the case so beware. Keep in mind there are many available women in Thailand, you can afford to pick and choose.

The hairdresser who lives across from me and works a ten hour day six days a week in a beauty salon earns somewhere in the region of 10.000 baht a month.

The way i see things is that your lady might be telling you a few porky pies about her previous salary and giving her 20.000 a month is far to much.

Tell her that her family is not your problem and to stop sending them money or the 20.000 baht a month stops.

By doing that it will free up some of the money she's giving to her free-loading family leeches, once that's done she has more than enough money in her grubby hands.

My advice is to get rid of her ASAP, stay single, have less hassle and enjoy all Thailand has to offer.

Many Thai females are taking the piss and you might be supporting one of them!!

She has told me that no salon will hire her for less than six days a week at 15 hours a day. She has told me that no one will hire her part time. So she stays home all day and complains she is bored.

Just a thought, if cash is a problem why doesn't she work part time, seems she can double your money. What does she do now not working. If you buggered off she would be back working.

Do NOT let your lady control you (cash) even if she is your dream come true. :)

No I live here in Bangkok. She lives with me.

She has told me that no salon will hire her for less than six days a week at 15 hours a day. She has told me that no one will hire her part time. So she stays home all day and complains she is bored.
Just a thought, if cash is a problem why doesn't she work part time, seems she can double your money. What does she do now not working. If you buggered off she would be back working.

Do NOT let your lady control you (cash) even if she is your dream come true. :)

Perhaps that's why more money is needed, she needs to go out and have fun on you. I cannot believe she cannot do something part time. Think you are being strung a yarn. Can l assume you are in your home country, how often do you see her and where did you meet her?. Two children, where's the dad. It's not unheard of for a lady to find farang money sponsor and the father is in the background having a beer and a leg over at your expense. Sad but true.

Take ur 20K a month, get her to open her own business, work her own hours, and pay you a profit off what she earns in surplus, two birds with one stone. Give charity and you will always find someone with their hand out to receive it.

oz

I have an American friend whose Thai g/f works three days a week for about 8 hours a day at a salon, so I really don't buy that argument.

That part-time job gives her her spending money while he pays for all their mutual expenses.

There is one big problem, most of the members on this board have married high so Thai- Chinese , over seas educated, rich girls - so they will find it difficult to understand the situation that you are in. :)

However, it would appear that you are not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to relationships - so I suggest that maybe you let her make all the decisions in respect of finances, I'm sure then your rental and her Thai husband will appreciate you even more. :D

If you want to keep her as your gf but are worried about more financial request then why not set her up with her own shop, that way she can work her own hours & then you can stop giving her a salary to be your gf. If she is bored let the woman work & be grateful you don't have a lazy one.

There is one big problem, most of the members on this board have married high so Thai- Chinese , over seas educated, rich girls - so they will find it difficult to understand the situation that you are in. :)

However, it would appear that you are not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to relationships - so I suggest that maybe you let her make all the decisions in respect of finances, I'm sure then your rental and her Thai husband will appreciate you even more. :D

No, l am not married to one of your, eeeer, what ever you were describing and you missed out ---when it comes to "Thai lady" relationships. But l agree with the Thai husband bit.

Sorry Sam, I should have included the Thai before relationships. :D