Muay Thai Gym

mooro_uk

I'm looking for a reasonably priced Muay Thai gym anywhere around, Phrom Phong, Thonglor, Ekkamai, Phrakahnong or On Nut. The nearer the Bts the better. The only half decent one I've found so far is Chacrit on Washington Square, but it's a little pricey at 600bht per session. I'm not fussed if it's air con or spit and saw dust type gym.

Cheers for any replies!

There is a spartan like gym deep in Sukhumvit Soi 36 which has produced many Muay Thai champions including international boxing champions as well. It is called the "Sor Chitalada" gym, and you can find it by asking the motorcycle taxi drivers at the top of the Soi to take you to the "Kai Muay". I don't know what the prices are, but it may be exactly what you are looking for. But do not forget: "For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." (I Timothy 4:8). You can only receive a little bit of profiting from bodily (physical) exercise, but godliness is profitable unto all things.

Pimnimit Sitaran runs small gym at soi suan suwat, near lumpinee tower, near to klong tuoy or lumpinee mrt, get good attention, many other places around catering for different tastes, mon/sat from 3-30, 300b/day or monthly rate available=check.

There is a class at the Ambassador Hotel within a 5 min walk of Nana BTS station. He came highly recommended from another ex pro Muay Thai fighter. The teacher is also an ex- pro fighter and have had several friends from US take lessons from him. They thought he was great. Don't know costs. Call their fitness center and they should be able to give you more info.

Is the place in Washington sq. 600bht for a lesson, im looking for somewhere with just a punchbag to do 5-6 rouns on in this area if anyone knows of such a place ... was hoping to just pay about 100bht or so as id only be there 20 minutes.

Edited by whichschool

There is a spartan like gym deep in Sukhumvit Soi 36 which has produced many Muay Thai champions including international boxing champions as well. It is called the "Sor Chitalada" gym, and you can find it by asking the motorcycle taxi drivers at the top of the Soi to take you to the "Kai Muay". I don't know what the prices are, but it may be exactly what you are looking for. But do not forget: "For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." (I Timothy 4:8). You can only receive a little bit of profiting from bodily (physical) exercise, but godliness is profitable unto all things.

Wow you couldnt resist could ya? Take it outside godboy. :)

To the op, there's a new muay thai camp way down sukhumvit 56 (near on nut bts). I think its like 2500 baht per month. I keep meaning to check it out but I actually cant go to sessions as I'm working, was hoping to pay to use the facilities in off times.

Godboy...I like that! Thanks!

It's actually a line from the Simpsons. Principal Skinner talking to Flanders when Flanders is talking religion inside a Public School.

That is even funnier! Of course, it is sad that it is true that in America that you have to take religion outside of Public School. But it is a funny quote. I like it! :)

It's actually a line from the Simpsons. Principal Skinner talking to Flanders when Flanders is talking religion inside a Public School.

That is even funnier! Of course, it is sad that it is true that in America that you have to take religion outside of Public School. But it is a funny quote. I like it! :)

LOL Sad is it? You should be able to have the right to cram your religion down the throats of children of OTHER religions right? Convert them I suppose? Bring the heathens to the true religion? Don't you think maybe that is a complete violation of their civil rights eh? Guess not lol.

LOL Sad is it? You should be able to have the right to cram your religion down the throats of children of OTHER religions right? Convert them I suppose? Bring the heathens to the true religion? Don't you think maybe that is a complete violation of their civil rights eh? Guess not lol.

Bring the heathens to the true religion? I think that the Simpson's is referring to America when Flanders is asked to take it outside. And yes, American schools do need religion in them. Here in Thailand, there is plenty of freedom to teach religion in schools. And most Thai schools invite preachers of the gospel of Christ into their schools to preach the gospel. But the same cannot be said of America which is sad; for from experience, America needs religion in schools. So though the joke is funny, it is sad at the same time.

Bring the heathens to the true religion? I think that the Simpson's is referring to America when Flanders is asked to take it outside. And yes, American schools do need religion in them. Here in Thailand, there is plenty of freedom to teach religion in schools. And most Thai schools invite preachers of the gospel of Christ into their schools to preach the gospel. But the same cannot be said of America which is sad; for from experience, America needs religion in schools. So though the joke is funny, it is sad at the same time.

You guys always completely miss the point... are you forgetting that in public schools you have ALL religions? So parents and society in general are supposed to accept you or someone like you going to their school (where they are supposed to be safe) and get corrupted and mislead by an adult? I know you totally don't get it so let me put it to you this way. Your child is a devout (whatever you are: catholic Chistian) as you raised him/her well. Then out of the blue some Jewish Rabbi or Buddhist or Muslim or Satanist is allowed to visit the school and CONVERT your child to this other religion. So you get home to find your child has proclaimed they will from now on follow this other religion because the person was so persuasive. Would you not feel that your childs civil rights had been completely violated and feel great anger for the school for not providing a safe place to learn without worrying about them being lead astray from all the very important things you have taught them? If you still dont get it, theres not much else to say. Is it that you really dont know that there are billions of people that follow other religions other than your own?

This is why we fear guys like you. Even in the face of logic and sense you will not admit that perhaps it is wise to not allow ANY religion to preach at schools where all religions are accepted. If you could admit that obviously its not good since it could very well affect you too (some other religion disrupting your childs life) then I would have respect for you and your religion. But frankly, your inability to see clear reason makes you all look crazy. And that scares most people. And this is why we want you all to stay the hel_l away from our children. :)

I think this is correct:

There is one on Silom called Fighting Spirit

One near Thonglor BTS called Bangkok Fight Club

And one on Sukhumvit soi 11 (nana bts) called Boxer Rebellion.

I think they all have Google'able websites.

You guys always completely miss the point... are you forgetting that in public schools you have ALL religions? So parents and society in general are supposed to accept you or someone like you going to their school (where they are supposed to be safe) and get corrupted and mislead by an adult? I know you totally don't get it so let me put it to you this way. Your child is a devout (whatever you are: catholic Chistian) as you raised him/her well. Then out of the blue some Jewish Rabbi or Buddhist or Muslim or Satanist is allowed to visit the school and CONVERT your child to this other religion. So you get home to find your child has proclaimed they will from now on follow this other religion because the person was so persuasive. Would you not feel that your childs civil rights had been completely violated and feel great anger for the school for not providing a safe place to learn without worrying about them being lead astray from all the very important things you have taught them? If you still dont get it, theres not much else to say. Is it that you really dont know that there are billions of people that follow other religions other than your own?

This is why we fear guys like you. Even in the face of logic and sense you will not admit that perhaps it is wise to not allow ANY religion to preach at schools where all religions are accepted. If you could admit that obviously its not good since it could very well affect you too (some other religion disrupting your childs life) then I would have respect for you and your religion. But frankly, your inability to see clear reason makes you all look crazy. And that scares most people. And this is why we want you all to stay the hel_l away from our children. :)

Actually, we Christians believe in soul liberty: that everyone has to make the choice for themselves including our own children. Therefore, we Christians support religion being preached and taught in schools to encourage children to make their own choices after being exposed to religion. And in Thailand, there is a soul liberty practiced in public schools here in which we Christians are invited and encouraged to preach the gospel in the schools. But it is a sad shame that religion has been kicked out of U.S. schools as the Simpson cartoon show was pointing out from the quote that was given. Schools need religion taught in them as children need to be taught about religion and to learn to make their own choices.

Actually, we Christians believe in soul liberty: that everyone has to make the choice for themselves including our own children. Therefore, we Christians support religion being preached and taught in schools to encourage children to make their own choices after being exposed to religion. And in Thailand, there is a soul liberty practiced in public schools here in which we Christians are invited and encouraged to preach the gospel in the schools. But it is a sad shame that religion has been kicked out of U.S. schools as the Simpson cartoon show was pointing out from the quote that was given. Schools need religion taught in them as children need to be taught about religion and to learn to make their own choices.

Wrong.. religion is a poison and should only be taught to adults they can make a good decision about it children cannot and are forced into religion. Maybe start religion at age 13 or so or later.. but most religions want to start young to indoctrinate the children at a young age. There is no free choice if you start so young.

See when you talk like that you scare people. Why? Because there is absolutely no common sense to your opinion and it sounds crazy. Soul liberty? And this totally disregards the fact that children are incapable of making informed adult decisions right? Or do you actually think children are capable of such things? Nobody else in the world does so your group is a little alone on this feeling. But of course its more sinister than that isn't it? See you KNOW that children are incapable of making informed responsible adult decisions because they are CHILDREN and they are easy to manipulate and push into things. So get them while they are young and stupid because getting them when their brains are fully developped is MUCH harder eh my friend? Ya you know exactly what I'm talking about, sinister is the right word, it fits perfectly.

Now going by the concept of "soul liberty" you think its ok if a MUSLIM goes to your childs school and aggressively recruits your impressionable son or daughter? Telling them that they will burn in hel_l or some such horrid fate if they dont follow the one true path of god ie. ISLAM? Your child, now terrified, feels they have to be muslim. This is ok with you? Because this is what you do to children.

See when you talk like that you scare people. Why? Because there is absolutely no common sense to your opinion and it sounds crazy. Soul liberty? And this totally disregards the fact that children are incapable of making informed adult decisions right? Or do you actually think children are capable of such things? Nobody else in the world does so your group is a little alone on this feeling. But of course its more sinister than that isn't it? See you KNOW that children are incapable of making informed responsible adult decisions because they are CHILDREN and they are easy to manipulate and push into things. So get them while they are young and stupid because getting them when their brains are fully developped is MUCH harder eh my friend? Ya you know exactly what I'm talking about, sinister is the right word, it fits perfectly.

Now going by the concept of "soul liberty" you think its ok if a MUSLIM goes to your childs school and aggressively recruits your impressionable son or daughter? Telling them that they will burn in hel_l or some such horrid fate if they dont follow the one true path of god ie. ISLAM? Your child, now terrified, feels they have to be muslim. This is ok with you? Because this is what you do to children.

The Lord Jesus Christ says: "...Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 19:14). Therefore, we believe that children are at liberty to come to the Lord and are able to make this choice on their own. And again, it is written: "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6). Therefore, children need to be trained up in the way they should go. For just look at the fruit of America ever since they kicked God out of school. And any other religion is free to try to convert my children, for I have full confidence in the choice that they will make since I teach them the holy scriptures daily as it is written: "And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." (II Timothy 3:15).

Like I said, scary. So because some MAN wrote some words in a book then its A OK to brainwash and manipulate defenceless children? What else do you guys justify in the name of God? Oh right... now I remember, murder and war and countless other atrocities are all propagated in the name of god daily. There is right and wrong, and manipulating and scaring (join our religion or burn in hel_l for eternity!) other peoples children without their (parents) consent is WRONG.

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Ya.. Your own children is fine! Not mine thanks!

The Lord Jesus Christ says: "...Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 19:14). Therefore, we believe that children are at liberty to come to the Lord and are able to make this choice on their own. And again, it is written: "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6). Therefore, children need to be trained up in the way they should go. For just look at the fruit of America ever since they kicked God out of school. And any other religion is free to try to convert my children, for I have full confidence in the choice that they will make since I teach them the holy scriptures daily as it is written: "And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." (II Timothy 3:15).

That reads more like brainwash a child at a young age and later we have a docile non thinking follower unable to make their own decisions. Come on its nothing more then brainwashing... and i dont mean just christians but just about any religion. Anyone with an ounce of sense would know that an adult would never believe in god if he had not been brainwashed as a child.

Sorry for going totally off topic.. just can't abide by religious fanatics.

Edited by robblok

That reads more like brainwash a child at a young age and later we have a docile non thinking follower unable to make their own decisions. Come on its nothing more then brainwashing... and i dont mean just christians but just about any religion. Anyone with an ounce of sense would know that an adult would never believe in god if he had not been brainwashed as a child.

Yes, you are right: we need to have our brains washed; but not just our brains, we need our whole spirit, soul, and body washed; therefore, we need God's word as it is written: "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." (Ephesians 5:25-27). And if you can't abide by religious fanatics, why then are you writing to one; for "Brother Tony" is a fanatic for Jesus Christ. So let us get ourselves washed (our brains, our spirits, our souls, and our bodies) by God's word, and let us wash as many as possible no matter their ages. And here in Thailand, we have the freedom and invitation to do so in public and especially in their public schools. Praise the LORD!

Anyone with an ounce of sense would know that an adult would never believe in god if he had not been brainwashed as a child.

Actually, though I grew up bowing down to dumb dead idols, it was at an adult age (21 to be exact) that I repented and believed in the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved as it is written: "...Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." (Acts 16:31). For when I was 21 years old, I was given a booklet that contained this promise of God that is found in the holy scriptures in which it is written: "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." (Mark 11:24); and I vowed to God that if he kept this promise in his word that I would preach his word to everyone; and as God faithfully keeps his promise, I faithfully continue to preach his word to everyone. So though I was not brainwashed as a child (though I wish I had been), at an adult age is when I repented and believed the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved as it is written: "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12).

What no response for me? Fine, but is it possible for you to discuss this without quoting something that means nothing to us? It is meaningless hokus pokus hogwash that has no relevance. I mean, I could quote a million things people said to support my arguments but quoting them doesn't make me right or my arguments more valid. "I can fly" can be supported by a thousand fictions that also say people can fly, does that mean I'm right? Stop filling your replies with quotes, they mean nothing.

Lets keep it at you have your religion and will never convince me (and i hope not brainwash too many childeren) and i have my atheism and we will never see eye to eye. That is ok with me as long as you don't infringe on my freedoms.

So because some MAN wrote some words in a book

Actually, it is written: "...but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." (II Peter 2:21). So it wasn't a man that wrote words in a book; it was holy men of who were moved by the Holy Ghost. And it is by this word that we are born again as it endures for ever as it is written: "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you." (I Peter 1:23-25). Therefore, as long as the word endures (and it shall endure for ever), the gospel shall be preached; for it is written: "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." (Matthew 24:14).

So unless you quote nonsense you are completely incapable of discussion and speech? Doesn't that make your arguments seem utterly weak? Have you no ability to get your point and message across without using other peoples words and talking in Yoda speak? You expect anyone to understand you and get your point?

By the way, quoting yet another person that says his words come from god doesn't actually mean it's true. A man printed the words, A MAN. Just because the words he printed are "god told me this" doesn't mean its not more than fiction. It was still just a man with ideas all his own.

So unless you quote nonsense you are completely incapable of discussion and speech? Doesn't that make your arguments seem utterly weak? Have you no ability to get your point and message across without using other peoples words and talking in Yoda speak? You expect anyone to understand you and get your point?

By the way, quoting yet another person that says his words come from god doesn't actually mean it's true. A man printed the words, A MAN. Just because the words he printed are "god told me this" doesn't mean its not more than fiction. It was still just a man with ideas all his own.

Well, if you are going to be writing to a preacher of the gospel of Christ, such as myself ("Brother Tony"), you will be hearing or reading quotes from God's word as it is written: "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine." (II Timothy 4:2). Therefore, if you do not want to hear God's word, why would you continue to write to me?

And once again, the word of God was not written by a man but many men as it is written: "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." (II Peter 1:21). And the reason that I believe that it is true and receive as it is indeed the word of God, as I have written in a previous post, is, because 15 years ago, I read this promise in the Holy Bible in which it is written: "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." (Mark 11:24). And I vowed to God that if he kept this promise in his word that I would preach his word to everyone. At that time, I was a prize fighting, idol worshipping, drunkard, fornicating heathen on my way to hel_l; but due to this promise in God's word, I repented, believed the gospel of Christ, and was born again by the word of God as it is written: "But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you." (I Peter 1:25). And as God continues to keep his promise in his word, I continue to preach his word to everyone.

Therefore, going back to the original topic, though I recommended a "Muay Thai" gym to the original poster, the word of God is much more important; and I am very blessed that through this that I have been able to write and share many scriptures, once again, on Thaivisa. I am, also, amazed that the moderators have allowed this discussion to continue so long. So thank you. And if you continue to write to me, you will continue to hear from God's word either here on this blog or in person; for "Brother Tony" is a preacher of the gospel of Christ.

Answer is then: No you are completely incapable of having a discussion without using quotes from other men. You make this too easy, anyone with half a brain could see how weak a persons position is when they have nothing to say for themselves but can only rely on falling back on the words of other people, and not even proven science or fact, just ramblings from the imagination of crazed men intent on controlling the wills and freedoms of all other men. Do you really expect to be taken seriously or get any respect from anyone? Ask you a question and you will spawn a quote, EVERY TIME. Ridiculous.

A true believer would have intelligent input from their own mind. Not a faucet of propaganda.

Answer is then: No you are completely incapable of having a discussion without using quotes from other men. You make this too easy, anyone with half a brain could see how weak a persons position is when they have nothing to say for themselves but can only rely on falling back on the words of other people, and not even proven science or fact, just ramblings from the imagination of crazed men intent on controlling the wills and freedoms of all other men. Do you really expect to be taken seriously or get any respect from anyone? Ask you a question and you will spawn a quote, EVERY TIME. Ridiculous.

A true believer would have intelligent input from their own mind. Not a faucet of propaganda.

As it is written: "If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;..." (I Peter 4:11), you can call me weak or accuse me of having no brain; but I will only speak what saith the holy scriptures; for as I have written already, 15 years ago, after reading this promise of God in God's word in which it is written: "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." (Mark 11:24), I made a vow to God that if he kept his promise in his word that I would preach his word to everyone; and this is what I continue to do as God keeps his promises. I never vowed to God that I would argue, debate, or try to convince anybody of anything. Thus, as you continue to write to me, I will continue to quote from the Authorized Version of the Holy Bible which is God's word. And God's word is written so that you would believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and have life through his name as it is written: "But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name." (John 20:31). For again, it is written: "...Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." (Acts 16:31). Once again, I am very honoured that you continue to write to me so that I can continue to quote God's word to you. Thank you: you have made my day!