Uk Petrol Prices

dick turpin

BBC today...

UK petrol prices could hit a record high of £1.20 a litre in the next few weeks, according to the AA.

Increases in the wholesale price of petrol since January are to blame for the rise in forecourt prices, the motoring organisation said.

It urged the Chancellor, Alistair Darling, to postpone the introduction of a planned 3 pence rise in petrol duty due to come in on 1 April.

Not me, how much is a pint these days?

Depends.. but around £3 - £3.50 GBP

totster :)

All depends what part of the Country you live in,mine a pint averages £2.70 - £2.85.

If there is a Weatherspoons nearby pints of ale can start at £1.49 for Ruddles,and not a promotion either.

Almost makes me want to join the local Conservative club to get some cheaper beer.

Unless you go here.

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/

Where it's only about 1.99. But I was told the other day that it's not actually a real pub.

But the average looks to be about 2.20 gbp.

Well at 48 baht to the pound that is about the sameprice as in Thailand for a local brew in an entertainment place.The same comparison doesn't count for gasoline.

Unless you go here.

Where it's only about 1.99. But I was told the other day that it's not actually a real pub.

Well at 48 baht to the pound that is about the sameprice as in Thailand for a local brew in an entertainment place.The same comparison doesn't count for gasoline.

Very true. But for that 1.99 in the Uk you actually get a good pint of beer. I don't think the same can be said in Thailand. But I guess some might say that in Thailand you may get some sort of company to go with it.

Unless you go here.

You won't find a decent pint for that price where I am (Wetherspoons maybe).. Wetherspoons is OK, cheap beer, no atmosphere, sticky carpets and full of doleys.. better off buying a fourpack from the off license and have a drink at home.

totster :D

When I watch Top Gear the race track is always wet! Does it rain everyday in the UK. No wonder all you brits want to live in Thailand.

Seems it's got little to do with the price of fuel, but more to do with the shitty weather.

When I watch Top Gear the race track is always wet! Does it rain everyday in the UK. No wonder all you brits want to live in Thailand.

Seems it's got little to do with the price of fuel, but more to do with the shitty weather.

I think you got it right there. The weather is quite terrible. If the weather was better I don't think there would be too much to complain about. Well, apart from those that like the cheap Thai women I guess, which I suppose is a few :) .

Weather sucks for 4 months of the year, 4 is ok, 4 is a bit better then ok, but we actually have a really low amount of rainfall ... this can be checked online.

Very true. But for that 1.99 in the Uk you actually get a good pint of beer. I don't think the same can be said in Thailand. But I guess some might say that in Thailand you may get some sort of company to go with it.

Not in <deleted> wetherspoons you don't! (good pint of beer that is!) It's £1.99 because they have 2 bar staff behind a 93 foot bar which has 400 people trying to get served at it.

Local boozer pint (stella) is £2.90

petrol (yesterday) £1.14/litre (london)

100% correct, and the shower running the country isn't helping either.

Brigante7.

Unless you go here.

You won't find a decent pint for that price where I am (Wetherspoons maybe).. Wetherspoons is OK, cheap beer, no atmosphere, sticky carpets and full of doleys.. better off buying a fourpack from the off license and have a drink at home.

totster :D

Great Avatar, watched for ages.

Lat time i went back to UK i got well peeeeeed off queuing for a beer,which i am not used to here,and people pushing and shoving to get served.I totaly forgot how much Brit women drink and was amazed how many were totaly smashed off their faces,compared to the guys.

The place has got worse than i ever remembered and Thailand is an oasis of beauty compared to Blighty,and hopefully the police and government can clear the UK up from the Chavies and the single mums of many babies whos sole aim in life is to drop kids and get oiled on extra strong lager

My home town disgusts me now

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to the Uk for a few days shortly. I can't wait to have the pleasure of driving on the British roads surrounded by British drivers (mainly). 1.20 per litre may be a lot compared to 38 baht (76p), but for the joy of not having ludicrous Thai morons behaving like suicidal circus clowns I don't mind paying it at all. If they dropped the price of petrol in the Uk to the same as Thailand but filled the roads with escaped mental patients and dropped all driving laws I don't think you would be happy.

I'd hold fire on claims that you never want to go back to Blighty.

1. The exchange Rates might scupper your plan

2. Thaksin is hovering in the background and he's a few scores to settle with the British.

2. Thaksin is hovering in the background and he's a few scores to settle with the British.

We are quaking in our boots. :) Besides, he couldn't score in a Bangkok Brothel let alone settle a score. :D