What’s the rainy season in Hua Hin like?

I may have to spend 3 months in Hua Hin, from around June 15 until September 10. I have never spent a rainy season in Hua Hin, so I was wondering if someone could enlighten me. How hot and humid is it really? When I was younger I could tolerate the heat pretty well, but I’m getting a little older (am 65 now) and I’m finding out that I’m beginning to lose that tolerance. So it would be good to know what I can expect in Hua Hin from June until September.

It can vary, however  about 6-7  years  ago we had 2-3 years when it was VERY  dry then it changed in about 2019 and became a  good  deal wetter even through the dry season, this  lasted until this  year which has been  very dry once  again. So the answer is, it varies, as for Hua  Hin  the temps there right on the coast are  little  lower but  not  much, its  always  humid but Prachuap I think is one of the driest provinces.

Few  years back Pranburi dam was so full it was overflowing, now  its  very  low.

• Thumbs Up 2

Rainy season is my favorite time of year, almost.  Clean, clear skies, if not raining.   Though overcast a lot of the time, and welcomed, as it blocks the sun & heat, that being the favorite part.

Hua Hin & PKK provinces is actually one of the drier provinces in TH.  So less rainfall than most of the country.  A good time to visit, especially extended / 3 weeks.  You'll have a bit of rain, usually afternoon spritz and or overnight downpour.   But don't expect too much to ruin your stay, unless very unlucky.

Rare that we get a full week of daytime downpours, as we live just 100 kms south of, and pop up to HH quite often.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, xkkpafi said:

er, but when ..?

Before the end of May, if anything like last year, arriving a bit late.  Nothing forecast to happen the next 10 days, and a slight 50% chance on the 10th day.

No real surprises about that.

Hua Hin is ok during rain season, still there is some fooding dowtown, and swimming at the beach is not very tempting.

A jellyfish stung me during rain season, and that was the last swim I did there. But if not swimming Hua Hin is ok.

What you looking for ?

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Hua Hin is ok during rain season, still there is some fooding dowtown, and swimming at the beach is not very tempting.

A jellyfish stung me during rain season, and that was the last swim I did there. But if not swimming Hua Hin is ok.

What you looking for ?

I’m not looking for anything. I’m probably going to be in Hua Hin for 3 months this rainy season, so I just wanted to know what the rainy season in Hua Hin is like.