Annual Company Auditing

Hi, I need some help here. My company needs to do an annual audit come this April or May 2010.

The company was set up in Chonburi province (Pattaya) and I was told by my lawyer that

I'm required to place a notice on the Pattaya newspaper for 2 weeks before I can audit my company's balance sheet.

I'm now in Chiang Mai and will be here for about 2 months. I intend to audit my company's balance sheet here in Chiang Mai.

How can I place a notice in Pattaya newspaper and audit the balance sheet in Chiang Mai?

PS: Is it necessary to place a notice on the newpapers?

hi,

Yes, it is a new law which has just come into effect. I was also astounded to hear of this as it is a complete pain in the @ss but it is now a requirement for all companies, not only to announce their audit but also to report document changes ie revised company structure/shareholding etc.

I guess you can have the audit done wherever you like, but you will need to advertise in the local press in the district in which the business is registered. I'm sure that your lawyer will be able to draft the text for you and have someone place the ad.

Cheers

hi,

Yes, it is a new law which has just come into effect. I was also astounded to hear of this as it is a complete pain in the @ss but it is now a requirement for all companies, not only to announce their audit but also to report document changes ie revised company structure/shareholding etc.

I guess you can have the audit done wherever you like, but you will need to advertise in the local press in the district in which the business is registered. I'm sure that your lawyer will be able to draft the text for you and have someone place the ad.

Cheers

Thanks mate for your input. I got a query here. After my auditor has audited the company balance sheet in Chiang Mai, do I've to bring it down to Pattaya government office myself or the Chiang Mai auditor will do that part?

Couldn't agree more. Truly a pain in the ass.

Edited by xm911e3

hi,

Cheers

Thanks mate for your input. I got a query here. After my auditor has audited the company balance sheet in Chiang Mai, do I've to bring it down to Pattaya government office myself or the Chiang Mai auditor will do that part?

Hi,

The auditor definitely wont do it. He merely signs the audited statement and clearly writes his permit number at the foot of his audit summary then he hands it back to you. You company juristic person (director with signing powers) must submit original copies of the actual statement, as well as a list of the shareholders if I remember correctly - all signed and stamped with your company stamp. You can empower your lawyer to do this on your behalf, but rest-assured he is going to charge you. Just be careful when you nominate anyone to assume signing powers on your behalf.

Cheers

hi,

Cheers

Hi,

The auditor definitely wont do it. He merely signs the audited statement and clearly writes his permit number at the foot of his audit summary then he hands it back to you. You company juristic person (director with signing powers) must submit original copies of the actual statement, as well as a list of the shareholders if I remember correctly - all signed and stamped with your company stamp. You can empower your lawyer to do this on your behalf, but rest-assured he is going to charge you. Just be careful when you nominate anyone to assume signing powers on your behalf.

Cheers

Ok I got the picture. Thanks alot for your help mate. Really appreciate it.