Thaksin Draws Comparison Between Abhisit And Hitler

webfact

Quite to the contrary as you've been missing a lot.

It's pointed out that there are many factions among the Redshirts and that some of the Reds have legitimate grievances that urgenty need to be addressed, but that the dispossed rural poor are being exploited by the cynic Thaksin and his gang of highwaymen and pirates. The record of Thaksin while PM, then interim acting caretaker PM who was deposed and his obsessive compulsive mad actions against the country since being dumped are the acts of a mad man who now has thrown his marbles all over the floor by bleating that the PM is a Hitler.

TVF is more than instructive, informative and analytical. Then there are others who grossly call a strike a ball and a ball a strike. It's too bad you're among those missing some good calls around here.

Do you still really buy into this Publicus? We one faction heavily involved in voodoo witchcraft throwing blood around like primitive morons, another threatening to blow various people and buildings to kingdom come, and a loony convicted leader making absurd accusations during distant phone-ins. Their big plan to take Thailand back has left them arguably even more out in the cold than last Songkran and bumped Abhisit's popularity back up again.

If there are people with genuine political grievances in the red shirts, whether they be to the left or right it really is high time they moved on and found another vehicle to project them.

I think many of the actual red shirts themselves ie the guys on the ground do have legitimate grievances. It is just they have such an abysmal and self serving leadership who have all kinds of agendas of their own

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical exchange in thaivisa forum

X Mr T is a retard

Y I think more of a rat

X...or a snake

Y he sucks

X And those red shirts how stupid they are

Y I wonder if they should be allowed to vote

X Such a bunch of morons

and so on and so forth ....

Well the only bunch of morons i can see in Thailand is you guys . Apart from a few people in here who have something intelligent to say about Thaksin or the red shirts with facts and arguments , be they pro Thaksin or anti Thaksin (i respect both views ) there is no much to learn here

It's pointed out that there are many factions among the Redshirts and that some of the Reds have legitimate grievances that urgenty need to be addressed, but that the dispossed rural poor are being exploited by the cynic Thaksin and his gang of highwaymen and pirates. The record of Thaksin while PM, then interim acting caretaker PM who was deposed and his obsessive compulsive mad actions against the country since being dumped are the acts of a mad man who now has thrown his marbles all over the floor by bleating that the PM is a Hitler.

TVF is more than instructive, informative and analytical. Then there are others who grossly call a strike a ball and a ball a strike. It's too bad you're among those missing some good calls around here.

As i said there are a few ppl here making constructive remarks and i can not be here 24 hours a day so i sampled

I do agree that Thaksin seems somewhat deranged on occasions . That bunch of highwaymen and pirates however can equally describe the yellow shirts who blocked the airport for 9 days.

Above all he is a politician who use the ppl to further his interests only like all or most politicians do.

Now Taksin was PM , caretaker PM but legally PM nonetheless , named by HM the King , when he was deposed by a military coup back in Sept06 which is outright illegal . Dont you think that there should be some consequences to that ? The man and his supporters has definitely a point here . And besides many red shirts just want a better life and think based on past experience that Thaksin can give it to them .

Well thats my view

Edited by moresomekl

Let's expose this for the crude hoax that it is.

There is no doubt the that government has set up an actor as a Thaksin look/sound alike, to utter these words in a diabolical attempt to portray the man as being totally amoral, corrupt, and mentally unbalanced.

Mythbuster and Rainman will surely come in here to support me.

So astute.

On this one i can see Jack's humour shining through. :)

Dont talk like a twit,comedy classic,s,Hitler killed millions, how many has Thaskin killed? Name 1 decent thai politican that has been elected..i repeat elected, that isnt on the take......I wonder how many people the current PM of Thailand could get onto the streets to support him and his cronies....
I'm not so sure its Aphisit who has got the mental disorder :)

The public mental breakdown of Thaksin is rather hilarious. His ongoing rants will be comedy classics in years to come, similar to those Hitler rants that are so often spoofed on You Tube.

When you post the next time, have a think about it. Your response suggests that you are not the sharpest tool in the toolbox. :D

your last question (i know it becomes circular now, but that is the way how the argument goes)

because for his supporters he isn't that criminal like you him want to paint, for them "Khun T is a hero, not a criminal"

But at this point its not a matter of opinion. He has been convicted of a crime, therefore he is a criminal. But let's not fact and reality get in the way of opinions.

Do you still really buy into this Publicus? We one faction heavily involved in voodoo witchcraft throwing blood around like primitive morons, another threatening to blow various people and buildings to kingdom come, and a loony convicted leader making absurd accusations during distant phone-ins. Their big plan to take Thailand back has left them arguably even more out in the cold than last Songkran and bumped Abhisit's popularity back up again.

If there are people with genuine political grievances in the red shirts, whether they be to the left or right it really is high time they moved on and found another vehicle to project them.

Throwing blood may not be very smart but it does not infrige on the freedom of anybody . Quite unlike the yellow shirts who blocked the airport preventing famillies to be reunited among other things . Well well thats the thai political circus of the last few years

He's lost the pink vote then.

i wonder if many people he is talking to actually know who Hitler was and that Thailand was on his side anyway.

Check your history -- Thailand was not on Germany's side nor Japan's. It was forcibly occupied by the Japanese.

Typical exchange in thaivisa forum

X Mr T is a retard

Y I think more of a rat

X...or a snake

Y he sucks

X And those red shirts how stupid they are

Y I wonder if they should be allowed to vote

X Such a bunch of morons

and so on and so forth ....

Well the only bunch of morons i can see in Thailand is you guys . Apart from a few people in here who have something intelligent to say about Thaksin or the red shirts with facts and arguments , be they pro Thaksin or anti Thaksin (i respect both views ) there is no much to learn here

Agree. At times you have to wade through some opinions stranger than your own but there is also some better thoughts and opinions expressed than that of the local and international rags.

There are different Reds as the TV photos and oppossing levels of their behaviour show. But the ones who are there for the sake of the betterment of Isaan are better served under a Party banner. The Red banner is Thaksin and after what is now his final fall into disgrace Isaan people should sererate out the distinctions and move on. Thaksin should now just come home and do his porridge, then retire into Neverland. One of the non moron :) posters on here made the comment that it is not long until the banned leaders of the Old Isaan parties are back. Those people know that they can win an election - they have to learn to honestly (ie - get more dirt on your opposition than they have on you and try and keep your own nose clean). Some tweaking of their previous policies to get better education and health and working conditions for Isaan is a good platform. Basically an agenda that moves the gulf gradually closer from the Isaan daily poverty as the latest BMW flashs by. Thailand is not an economically poor country. A clean Isaan political party as a power holder in Parliament with the Democrats in future years would give the majority for the Thai people to finally get the Army as their tool and not their governor. Achieve that and I think they will become democratic and start to then clean up the obvious problems like corruption.

Edited by Roadman

He's lost the pink vote then.

i wonder if many people he is talking to actually know who Hitler was and that Thailand was on his side anyway.

Check your history -- Thailand was not on Germany's side nor Japan's. It was forcibly occupied by the Japanese.

Not quite exactly . Occupied by the japs WITHOUT a fight . And after that Thailand (it was called Siam then) declared war on the US and the UK and if my memory serves me well invaded french Indochina (current Laos , Cambodia ,Vietnam )

During WW2, the Japanese demaned for access through Thailand for it's forces to invade countries such as Burma and Malaya. Under pressure from Japan and because it was in no position to fight with the Japanese force,the Thai government declared war on Britain and the United States. However,the Thai ambassador in Washington, Seni Pramoj, and Pridi panomyoung, the senior statesman, refused to deliver the declaration to the United States government. They were conservative aristocrats whose antiJapanese credentials were well established. Hence, the Free Thai Movement was organised, recruiting Thai students in the United States to work with the United States Office of Strategic Services (OSS). The OSS trained Thai personnel for underground activities, and units were readied to infiltrate Thailand. From the office of the regent in Thailand, Pridi ran a clandestine movement that by the end of the war had with Allied aid armed more than 50,000 Thai to resist the Japanese.With the end of the war and the Japanese surrender, the Seri Thai-dominated government immediately acted to "restore the pre-war status quo". As regent, Pridi termed "the declaration of war illegal and null, and void, and repudiated all agreements made with Japan by the formal government".

I think many of the actual red shirts themselves ie the guys on the ground do have legitimate grievances. It is just they have such an abysmal and self serving leadership who have all kinds of agendas of their own

Yeah the voodoo and riots are characteristic of the Redshirts.

And yes, consistent with my statement, Insight, your last paragraph speaks directly to my point that views here can be and consistently are knowledgable, insightful, informative, analytical. Hammered is one who contributes to the discussion and is right on in his analysis and statement above. We three typically are consistent contributors towards this theme. Nintey-nine percent of the time each of us calls a ball a ball and a strike a strike, a player safe or out accurately.

How can anyone deny that he is a convicted criminal? It is a matter of public record including exactly WHY he was convicted. Legitimacy isn't an issue either since the man himself said he trusted in the courts (before his lawyers' bakery scandal!) How could legitimacy be an issue? The only issue is why anyone would support a criminal like him!

your last question (i know it becomes circular now, but that is the way how the argument goes)

because for his supporters he isn't that criminal like you him want to paint, for them "Khun T is a hero, not a criminal"

I can't believe how some people can twist facts into something completely different, twist black into white.

The man committed numerous serious offences against the well established decades long laws of Thailand. In fact many of the cases involve breaking the most basic laws, about theft.

Will you agree to that? Yes or no please.

(edit:i tried to repair the "quotes" in your post)

dude, don't argue with me.

there are people out there that say: "Khun T is a hero, not a criminal"

these people exist. they are thaksin followers because they don't think of him or see him as a mega-criminal.#, but as a hero.

or in other words, they don't follow him because of his criminal activities.

if you ask: Why they follow that criminal? you will get the answer above. and you can ride on the the circle of argument one more time.

if you ask me if i personally agree with you, i must tell you that i cannot.

the line "committed numerous serious offences against the well established decades long laws of Thailand. In fact many of the cases involve breaking the most basic laws, about theft." is much too vague, to much generalised for me.

if i would say "yes, agree" some other member maybe say to me " okay, bring more facts. tell me at least 5 of these serious offences, 5 of the many cases whereby the laws Thaksin had offended are established since decades."

you know - i am not that great Thaksin expert to know that and could not provide such details. so i carefully not agree with everything that i read somewhere in the internet.

During WW2, the Japanese demaned for access through Thailand for it's forces to invade countries such as Burma and Malaya. Under pressure from Japan and because it was in no position to fight with the Japanese force,the Thai government declared war on Britain and the United States. However,the Thai ambassador in Washington, Seni Pramoj, and Pridi panomyoung, the senior statesman, refused to deliver the declaration to the United States government. They were conservative aristocrats whose antiJapanese credentials were well established. Hence, the Free Thai Movement was organised, recruiting Thai students in the United States to work with the United States Office of Strategic Services (OSS). The OSS trained Thai personnel for underground activities, and units were readied to infiltrate Thailand. From the office of the regent in Thailand, Pridi ran a clandestine movement that by the end of the war had with Allied aid armed more than 50,000 Thai to resist the Japanese.With the end of the war and the Japanese surrender, the Seri Thai-dominated government immediately acted to "restore the pre-war status quo". As regent, Pridi termed "the declaration of war illegal and null, and void, and repudiated all agreements made with Japan by the formal government".

Right ...

Sorry by "forcibly" my understanding was "with a fight" . There was no fighting . Simple misunderstanding .

Yes they declared war on US and UK on 25 January 1942 .

Later when the Japs started to loose they switched allegiance . Like the MPs in the thai parliament it would seem

I couldn't find an appropriate thread so apologies if I am going of topic but:

What the bloody hel_l does this mean?

Thaksin: "Channels 3,5,7,9 Do u have time to think if u r neutral? If u aren't, we may pay you a visit. Don't worry. We won't do yellow shirts"

:)

Right ...

Sorry by "forcibly" my understanding was "with a fight" . There was no fighting . Simple misunderstanding .

Later when the Japs started to loose they switched allegiance . Like the MPs in the thai parliament it would seem

I did not know about the thai resistance based in the US . Well one learns every day

Quite a bizarre outburst. Im sure any campaigners for true democracy would be critical of it.

Edited to add: There is also a certain irony in it if one is to beleive runours of who is gay and who isnt. Then again bringing sexaulity into things is a low place to go

ohh yeah, the irony. you just did it.

and there are a couple of post here where people not hesitate to feed such rumours. how brave.

of course it is low.

Right ...

I did not know about the thai resistance based in the US . Well one learns every day

Britmaveric knows his stuff in this particular discussion. The WW 2 Seri Thai resistance movement aided the allies considerably, working especially closely with the US OSS, but also had a headquarters office in London which however always was secondary to its central office in Washington. The Thai national police force, spread throughout the nation, was to the allies a mother lode of information of Japanese movements and activties in LOS, Burma and SE Asia.

Because of the Seri Thai (Free Thais), Seni and Pridi especially because they refused to deliver the declaration of war against the US forced by the Japanese controlled Thai government, thus technically never allowing a state of war to exit between the two countries, the US at the conclusion of the war declared Thailand to have been an ally of the US and resumed normal relations. The UK, in contrast, still stinging from the Thai surrender to Japan within 24 hours of Japan's invasion of LOS, and the use of Thailand to conquer Mayay and Singapore - to include the sinking of the Prince of Wales battleship - declared Thailand to have been part of the Axis and an ally of Japan.

When Britain consequently attempted to colonize Thailand, the US intervened. Shortly afterward, Rama IX, born in suburban Boston, Massachusetts USA before the war, returned to Thailand to become its longest reigning monarch and currently the longest reigning monarch of the world.

So who's this Thaksin guy? The one talking about Hitler? The raving lunatic.

Of course Thai culture, society and civilization is radically different from all of the same that is definitively Western.

However, Chaucer wrote of these very forms of society, as did Dante, Shakespeare, Machiavelli and so many others. Thais too much think they have the corner on knowledge of the likes of Jekyll and Hyde and the duality within people. There's also Cervantes about idiots charging windmills and saving the sluts etc etc. I haven't even mentioned the Greek tragedies, comedies and dramas for their value in presenting perspective and self-examination, introspection.

The major problem with the Thai basis of civiliation is that its guiding principles were codified 2,500 years ago for those times and probably were valid until the Industrial Revolution, which Thailand missed completely as did most of Asia and the rest of the world, to include especially China. The latter day followers/believers in the Enlightened One, as with the Enlightened One, have blindly missed entirely the matter of wealth creation and the handling of wealth responsibly and morally, hence the inherent corruption of Thai culture and of so many of the Old World cultures and soceties.

A work ethic also never at all made its way to Thailand but in all fairness it's just too hot most of the time to even think about work, or to feel any ambition or a desire to produce material things - only after the invention of a/c by the West did economic productivty begin in the tropical societies and countries (for which we have yet to be thanked). Applying knowledge to economic transformation and development also zoomed over the heads of the Thai, but the same is true of the followers of Confucious who these days can be highly 'confusedous' especially when Marxism-Leninism-Maoism is the rule.

Then there's the role of science in Thai civilization - oops, or should I say spirit houses, voodoo and tossing blood willy-nilly in a major urban center.

:rolleyes:

you should not forget to add that the great white man and his superior abilities to do the industrial revolution brought us also Auschwitz, Nagasaki and coffee in a plastic cup. that is the power. must be really feel great to be part of the white race.

disgusting comment

down to race is it now?

:D

Of course Thai culture, society and civilization is radically different from all of the same that is definitively Western.

However, Chaucer wrote of these very forms of society, as did Dante, Shakespeare, Machiavelli and so many others. Thais too much think they have the corner on knowledge of the likes of Jekyll and Hyde and the duality within people. There's also Cervantes about idiots charging windmills and saving the sluts etc etc. I haven't even mentioned the Greek tragedies, comedies and dramas for their value in presenting perspective and self-examination, introspection.

The major problem with the Thai basis of civiliation is that its guiding principles were codified 2,500 years ago for those times and probably were valid until the Industrial Revolution, which Thailand missed completely as did most of Asia and the rest of the world, to include especially China. The latter day followers/believers in the Enlightened One, as with the Enlightened One, have blindly missed entirely the matter of wealth creation and the handling of wealth responsibly and morally, hence the inherent corruption of Thai culture and of so many of the Old World cultures and soceties.

A work ethic also never at all made its way to Thailand but in all fairness it's just too hot most of the time to even think about work, or to feel any ambition or a desire to produce material things - only after the invention of a/c by the West did economic productivty begin in the tropical societies and countries (for which we have yet to be thanked). Applying knowledge to economic transformation and development also zoomed over the heads of the Thai, but the same is true of the followers of Confucious who these days can be highly 'confusedous' especially when Marxism-Leninism-Maoism is the rule.

Then there's the role of science in Thai civilization - oops, or should I say spirit houses, voodoo and tossing blood willy-nilly in a major urban center.

you should not forget to add that the great white man and his superior abilities to do the industrial revolution brought us also Auschwitz, Nagasaki and coffee in a plastic cup. that is the power. must be really feel great to be part of the white race.

^Well convicted is correct technically - whether its valid or not is up to debate. :)

Yep, considering Thailand's justice system and the fact that some people in high places have a few bills to settle there can be a very big debate.

Incidentially I cannot find another source other then TAN reporting this, is there actual audio of Thaksin saying these things, I would not think he is utterly stupid.

well said

Thailand did this, Thailand did that..

The people in charge of Thailand did.

disgusting comment

down to race is it now?

:D

I feel so good about being caucasian I voted for Obama.

As a uni student I walked with Martin Luther King Jr and shared in his "I Have a Dream" which today is closer to reality than anyone then could have imagined.

A lot of African Americans died and suffered to defeat Hitler and Tojo, thanks. Japanese Americans also suffered unduly during the war, for which the US Government has apologized and paid compensation. Germany started the atomic bomb project in 1933 when Hitler became chancellor, then Einstein advised Pres Roosevelt in 1939 that such a weapon could be built - its use against the fanatical Japanese ended the war with sudden impact, saving upwards of 1 million lives on both sides. While we're discussing these matters, may I suggest you speak with the Germans about Auschwitz and to the Japanese about their biological warfare project in China, as well as their 'comfort women'?

Surely you can retort further against the US and Western civilization -the Crusades etc etc - but do we really need to travel down this road any further? Who are you anyway that I should answer to you? Not to mention getting just a bit too off topic.

Edited by Publicus

What a sad, pathetic, desperate, lonely old man who will clutch at any inappropriate and unhelpful comment without realising he's shooting himself in the foot. Pretty much the same attitude which got him into this mess in the first place.

A lot of what makes people like someone, is when they know how to self-censor their comments. It's like watching a rat die on a glue-mat... he's clutching at straws when he really should just give up.

You are absolutely right and the comparing him to a rat is spot on. I have more respect for the dingo who chews his foot off if caught in trap.

How about a new name for Mr T maybe:-

WACKY TACKY

I guess Wacko Tacko is already taken.

Or was this the guy so drunk the night before

that he rolls over, arms trapped, looks at 'the date' he dragged home

and quietly gnaws his OWN arm off rather than wake it up...

We call that "coyote ugly"

You all say that Thaksin's comments are retarded, baseless and mere rants of a sad megalomaniac. Sure we can see it plain and clear.

...but just look at that red crowd roar when he said it. Makes you wonder if these people ~DO~ deserve to vote afterall?

And can any of us, with all our education and cultivated upbringing, fathom HOW and WHY the red shirts tick? Certainly it can't be the bribes, because some of my own folks here (in-laws) are red supporters and yet my wife's family is quite affluent, being city folk and not farmers. What do they see in such a transparently corrupt criminal? Is there a particular part of Thai culture that we absolutely missed? We like to joke that Thais worship money, that they are trained not to ask questions... so despite all the allegations and proof, a red farmer will simply not see how Thaksin achieved most of his wealth through dubious means. Certainly Thais can't be so stupid??

... and yet even my wife (who is anti-Thaksin) cannot give me an explanation as to why her mom is an avid Thaksin supporter. I don't speak a word of Thai to ask for myself, but I am bloody interested to know!! We are definitely missing something here~!!

I think it is because of the Buddhist Thai's strong belief in Dharma (karma); that you deserve your place in life as it is your reward/punishment for behavior in your past life. Dr. Taksin is so successful and rich because it is his Dharma and he deserves it. How he got it or where is not as important as that he got it. They would love to be just like him; he is admirable. Since corruption is so endemic in this culture, that alone is not something to hold against him. Dharma is what keeps the temples covered with gold as the believers donate money to 'make merit' so their next life will be better. Dharma is also what allows them to sit around waiting for riches to just fall into their lap as it inevitably will if it is their Dharma. :)

Thank you for that