New Baby Tax Rebate

2008bangkok

Hi,

A couple of years ago when i had my first child i got a tax rebate from the revenue departmen of 12k in cash but my company sorted the forms out for me, now i have left that company my newe company has never heard of this so i wil have to sort it out myslef becaue i ham having a second baby shortly.

Anybody know whatforms i need and documentation and also does all tax get paid to the same revenue department in BKK in silom road?

cheers in advance

OP,

Are you sure this payment came from the tax revenue office, and not from the compulsory health insurance you have as an employee? When my child was born in 2007, I received 15,000 Baht at the health insurance office. Never heard of a tax rebate on this ground, does anybody know more?

Hi,

Pretty sure it was from tax department, i dont have any compulsory health insurance only pay 750 baht month like everybody else does but even 12 months of that woudl only be 8k paid so they wouldn't give me 12k for that and i went a picked the money up personally from the place i think was soi 2 silom road government building near the big Kbank

Edited by 2008bangkok

You get it from the social securuty office if you've been paying in to your socisal security for at least 6 months prior to birth.

You will also receive 350 baht per month per child so long as you are paying into SS as well.

You get it from the social securuty office if you've been paying in to your socisal security for at least 6 months prior to birth.

You will also receive 350 baht per month per child so long as you are paying into SS as well.

Would i still qualify if i had a 2 month break in nov dec when i changed jobs but been workinf for 15 month in 2 jobs

If it's tax, there's an allowance for spouse and child, which should mean you get a rebate. It shouldn't be a problem for the company because there are boxes to tick on the tax form, and it just becomes part of the overall calculation. When the form's done it will show clearly how much is due to you, or if you owe them etc.

Edited by KhaoNiaw

Would i still qualify if i had a 2 month break in nov dec when i changed jobs but been workinf for 15 month in 2 jobs

not sure to be honest. Best to go down and ask.

Social security payment is a percentage of your salary, used to be 5%, not sure if this has been changed in the meantime. Half is paid by the employer and the other half by the employee. I believe there is an upper limit to the monthly payment.

Every insured person is assigned a number, which is on the card that you have to show when for instance going to a public hospital for free treatment.

Edited by keestha

When you do your annual tax return (P.N.D.91), then there is an area to the right (in the daa dek area) where you fill in the number of children you have. You do however have to be the legal father of the child to use this. Legal father is NOT to have your name as father on the BC.

You can fill in number of children that doesn't go to school as well as children going to school. 15,000 bath is deducted for children not going to school and 17,000 bath if they are

I fill in 1 child who is currently going to school and that deducts 17,000 bath from my taxable income, since I pay 30% tax, I get a check with 5,100 bath with the post only 3 days later :)