Wearing Football Shirts In Public

Wentworth

Years of indoctrination I suppose. ' NO FOOTBALL COLOURS '. I like a beer or two myself. :D

i remember the motorway services having signs saying,NO FOOTBALL COACHES, what are the likes of i.e.alex ferguson or rafa benitez , supposed to do if they wish to use the toilets, or need gasoline :)

Football Shirts are for Children, Children who still have dreams of playing Football one day for the Club who's Shirt their wearing because Children can dream of that..

Any grown Man wearing one outside of playing Football should be hung, drawn & quartered & if they have one with a name & number on the back, they should be castrated also..

Why ??

If i need to explain it, then the same shoudl happen to you.

Having said that though, any Man i see in a Football Shirt i would class as extremely non offensive but wouldnt' dream of getting into a conversation about Football with him because there is an extremely strong likelihood that he is a complete & utter Lemon..

Edited by MSingh

I'll be wearing my Manchester United shirt tomorrow evening when we play L'pool, but as I live in a small village and we all know who supports who, it's all only for sanook. :)

Sorry Mr.Singh, I guess you'll have to look me up in Nth Phuket to carry out your evil deeds............ :D

Edited by LeungKen

I have never understood why blokes go to the bar to watch the football wearing a football shirt. What exactly is it they are trying to prove? Is it some sort of statement they are trying to make?

What really pisses me off is when they are wearing my teams colours and behaving like <deleted> :D I've had a long held belief that most of them have rarely, if ever been to a match to watch their team :)

I have never understood why blokes go to the bar to watch the football wearing a football shirt. What exactly is it they are trying to prove? Is it some sort of statement they are trying to make?

Does there have to be a reason, just to suit your curiosity? Why do people have tattoo's? Why do some people wear the most outragious attire? Why do people wear Thailand T-Shirts when they return to the UK / USA etc? Why do people shave their heads, or wear shorts when it's cold, or wear jeans when it's warm, or..................etc. etc.

To be honest and to give some sort of reasoning to satisfy your curiosity. All the years I was a season ticket holder at City (and that was for a long time) I hardly ever wore a football shirt. However, now I live abroad I tend to wear one but only when I am watching them play. We have our own little supporters club here with a corner of the bar dedicated to City. I don't know why, maybe it's just to feel closer to the club, being so far away. We also have a good bit of banter between the other supporters when we are playing each other. No thuggery involved, just banter and a laugh.

I've had a long held belief that most of them have rarely, if ever been to a match to watch their team :)

Then you would be very wrong in your belief :D

Does there have to be a reason, just to suit your curiosity? Why do people have tattoo's? Why do some people wear the most outragious attire? Why do people wear Thailand T-Shirts when they return to the UK / USA etc? Why do people shave their heads, or wear shorts when it's cold, or wear jeans when it's warm, or..................etc. etc.

To be honest and to give some sort of reasoning to satisfy your curiosity. All the years I was a season ticket holder at City (and that was for a long time) I hardly ever wore a football shirt. However, now I live abroad I tend to wear one but only when I am watching them play. We have our own little supporters club here with a corner of the bar dedicated to City. I don't know why, maybe it's just to feel closer to the club, being so far away. We also have a good bit of banter between the other supporters when we are playing each other. No thuggery involved, just banter and a laugh.

I've had a long held belief that most of them have rarely, if ever been to a match to watch their team :)

A little bar and a small supporters club. Now that's totally understandable. But should'nt you guys be dressing in full arab regalia :D

Totally agree MrBojangles, not everyone wearing a football shirt is a hooligan (or a numb skull who can't string a coherent sentence together).

I only used to wear my football shirt when i was playing or watching football back home, but out here i do occasionally wear it, even if there isn't a game on. But certainly during the world cup i will be wearing my england shirt with pride, as you say good bonding and banter to be had.

Edited by Foxman888

Football Shirts are for Children, Children who still have dreams of playing Football one day for the Club who's Shirt their wearing because Children can dream of that..

Any grown Man wearing one outside of playing Football should be hung, drawn & quartered & if they have one with a name & number on the back, they should be castrated also..

Why ??

Having said that though, any Man i see in a Football Shirt i would class as extremely non offensive but wouldnt' dream of getting into a conversation about Football with him because there is an extremely strong likelihood that he is a complete & utter Lemon..

Guess you are not a football fan then? I am sorry but I really don't understand the reasoning behind this, even if it does end up costing me the wedding tackle could you please explain.

I would like to point out that I do not own a football shirt but only because I can't get my teams shirt here.

What really pisses me off is when they are wearing my teams colours and behaving like <deleted> :D I've had a long held belief that most of them have rarely, if ever been to a match to watch their team :)

Yes the statement would be "I support this team"

Anyone behaving like a <deleted> pisses me off, regardless of what they decide to wear.

A little bar and a small supporters club. Now that's totally understandable. But should'nt you guys be dressing in full arab regalia :D

I have a Sky Blue Gutra and Thobe, with a City crest on it :D

crikey carmine, just simply wearing one of your teams shirts

would be ,considered as the same behaviour :D

I don't wear my teams shirt as I believe it to bring bad luck on game days, I usually wear it after the season has finished, to celebrate another year in the Premiership.

By the way, my team might just lose against the Gunners today, but hopefully GZ will have us up and running against Stoke next weekend.

I don't wear my teams shirt as I believe it to bring bad luck on game days, I usually wear it after the season has finished, to celebrate another year in the Premiership.

Perhaps you've been wearing it but hadn't realized :D:D .

I see your from Yeovil beano, which part of the east end is that in ? :)

Yeovil is where my parents live now, but as the son of a Matelot have traveled a lot.

West Ham is my team, cause my Dad's friend loved Leeds, and whilst watching a game on TV he lectured me

about how good his team was, so I chose the opposing team, who were West Ham, that was around 40 years

ago, and still support the Hammers through the good and the bad times.

Why ??

Guess you are not a football fan then?

Don't taunt them mate! :):D:D

Nothing more repulsive then a fat English bird in a bar with a football shirt on usually a Man U or Liverpool one with her fat fingers grasping a pint of beer whilst she goes overboard cheering her team.

Ive never worn a football shirt since the age of 14 when my bros hamster ate it, think it just looks wrong ... but i can just about accept people wearing an England or their nations shirt when the World or European cups are on.

Nothing more repulsive then a fat English bird in a bar with a football shirt on usually a Man U or Liverpool one with her fat fingers grasping a pint of beer whilst she goes overboard cheering her team.

So it's just "fat english" birds is it? Not a nice thing to say really is it Whichschool ?

... but i can just about accept people wearing an England or their nations shirt when the World or European cups are on.

So it is alright to wear a football shirt then. Some people don't follow their national team but their league and cup games mean more to them than England (or whoever) playing.

With the world cup coming up and bearing in mind what whichschool posted, I though it may be fun to have a quick preview of what awaits us in SA in June,

first up the Brazilian entry,

post-39258-1269099492_thumb.jpg

Next up France,

post-39258-1269099549_thumb.jpg

Lets see what the Germans have in store,

post-39258-1269099577_thumb.jpg

What about the Italians,

post-39258-1269099590_thumb.jpg

These Koreans look tasty

post-39258-1269099612_thumb.jpg

Portugal is next,

post-39258-1269099625_thumb.jpg

Even the Spams have put in a appearance

post-39258-1269099637_thumb.jpg

What about the English,

Lets hear it for Englands representative, a smashing lass hailing from Liverpool,

post-39258-1269099652_thumb.jpg

So it's just "fat english" birds is it? Not a nice thing to say really is it Whichschool ?

I like girls to be slim, a bit feminine and gracious hence why i find this behaviour and attire so repulsive on a women and despite living in many countries in the last 10 years ive never seen it from other nationalities its an exclusive trait of English chubby chicks, ... id say its a fairly new phenomoneon one thats appeared in the last 5-10 years ... im clearly a sexist by nature and a fatist (if there is such a thing) which is why i think like this.

PS Id sooner a decent English girl to a Thai one so im no farangwomen hater, just like to analyse hideous 21st century behaviour! :)

PPS Everyone who prefers club football likes the World and European cups.

Yeovil is where my parents live now, but as the son of a Matelot have traveled a lot.

West Ham is my team, cause my Dad's friend loved Leeds, and whilst watching a game on TV he lectured me

about how good his team was, so I chose the opposing team, who were West Ham, that was around 40 years

ago, and still support the Hammers through the good and the bad times.

As good as reason as any i suppose :D still it could have been worst, Leeds could have been playing Darlington, Scunthorpe or someone along them lines :) .

I see Thais wearing English Premier League shirts and some others eg Spanish and even German.

It's more then likely that their girlfriend "acquired" the shirt from some customer then passed it on to Somchai waiting at home, who, to be honest, has got bugger all else to wear.

It's more then likely that their girlfriend "acquired" the shirt from some customer then passed it on to Somchai waiting at home, who, to be honest, has got bugger all else to wear.

I always wondered why the wife had an assortment of 300 football shirts :D , have to check if there's an Arse and Scammers one there, could be grounds for a divorce :) .

Edited by alfieconn