Issuance Of Re-entry Permit At Suan Phlu

My Experience this morning (Saturday) applying for a re-entry permit at Suan Phlu

I was assured by a Thai acquaintance of mine, who works for the Thai Immigration Police at Suan Phlu that re-entry permits are issued to any National of any country on Saturday mornings only, from 8:30 until midday.

So, this morning I put my friend's assurances to the test. I hold a Dutch passport. I arrived at Suan Phlu Immigration Office at about 8:40.

I had my application prepared at home, prior to arriving at the Immigration office. I was out of Suan Phlu - with a re-entry permit - at 9:15.

No problems whatsoever.

Here is some advise:

As soon as you get into the Immigration office, turn left and go up to counter number 7 and collect an application form from the nice lady.

She will tell you that when you have completed the form to come back to her, after which she will issue you with a queue ticket and you are told to sit down and wait until your number is called up.

When my number was called up I handed in my application form, my passport and the fee of THB 1000 for a single, or 3,800 for a multiple entry. I was handed a blue a5 size receipt and told to return to my seat and wait until my number gets called up again.

My number was called up again some 10 minutes later and on showing my blue receipt, I received my passport with my re-entry visa issued inside.

All in all quite an easy process.

Some side notes and observations:

Whereas I had copied all the requirements, as talked about on this forum; copy departure card, copy last entry, copy current visa, copy photo-page of passport etc. 99% of all applicants did not have anything other than the TM 8 form and a picture. Nothing else was asked for.

The only one other thing the officer made everybody do when the application was handed in, was to ask you to write down your telephone number on the application form; which the TM 8 does not ask for.

There were approximately 4 or 5 other Caucasians, the rest were mainly Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi Nationals.

I asked whether they would allow me to do my 90 day reporting at the same time, but they declined my request and told me that I had to go to Cheang Wattana for that.

Frm-Bkk

Edited by FRM-BKK

Thanks for your report, very useful for others.

I guess you live in the Bangkok area, so it still is for Bangkok residents only.

Yes, I live about 1 one kilometer from the Suan Phlu office and therefore very handy for me.

Frm-Bkk

Thanks for your report, very useful for others.

I guess you live in the Bangkok area, so it still is for Bangkok residents only.

it's not possible to get a re-entry permit from Bangkok if the Visa and subsequent extension have been issued by another region? i heard it was possible to elect a secondary residency or something, so, can't we just elect an address in Bangkok for this secondary residency or it's changed again?

There has never been a secondary residence that I have heard of. You obtain a re-entry permit at the office you extended your stay at. For a tourist or those without an extension of stay it would be where they are presently housed.