Roast Garlic Lamb

millwall_fan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is not advertising, just letting us know he has some good lamb and will be showing the footie! This is an expat site, and we need to know these sorts of things.

I am missing The Trink page =The Night Owl.

Was he banned because he sometimes pointed us to some good food,drink and girlie bars?

I lived in Mallorca Spain for 8 years,there was and is a Mallorca Daily Bulletin,aka bullshittin.

BP and the Nation nwspapers could do with some witty commentator cum collumnist to brighten up our day,I and sure most of expats are sick and tired of been sick and tired of the political disturbances.

Yes, Roast Lamb is also GOOOOd at the Busstop in soi 4 Nana(this is a guests remark,me)!

Comes with all the dressings and dont forget to laviously add the mintsauce,elbow licking good.

He is not advertising, just letting us know he has some good lamb and will be showing the footie! This is an expat site, and we need to know these sorts of things.

I am missing The Trink page =The Night Owl.

Was he banned because he sometimes pointed us to some good food,drink and girlie bars?

I lived in Mallorca Spain for 8 years,there was and is a Mallorca Daily Bulletin,aka bullshittin.

BP and the Nation nwspapers could do with some witty commentator cum collumnist to brighten up our day,I and sure most of expats are sick and tired of been sick and tired of the political disturbances.

Yes, Roast Lamb is also GOOOOd at the Busstop in soi 4 Nana(this is a guests remark,me)!

Comes with all the dressings and dont forget to laviously add the mintsauce,elbow licking good.

forgot the point,a barowner with a small FM radio station,an american had the Ricky the Lash collum inthe Daily.. Fridays, a real good Foo Man Choo quoter and very witty,anybody remember that man?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthne...scientists.html

Fried breakfast is healthiest start to day, say scientists

A breakfast of bacon, sausages, eggs, and beans could be the healthiest start to the day, according to new research.

breakfast_1607434c.jpgScientists believe that breakfast programmes the metabolism for the rest of the day, and a fatty meal will help the body break down fat later on.

Carbohydrate rich foods in contrast appear mainly to prepare the body to break down only carbohydrates, the International Journal of Obesity reports.

Dr Martin Young, of the University of Alabama at Birmingham, said: “The first meal you have appears to programme your metabolism for the rest of the day.

“This study suggests that if you ate a carbohydrate-rich breakfast it would promote carbohydrate utilisation throughout the rest of the day, whereas if you have a fat-rich breakfast, you (can) transfer your energy utilisation between carbohydrate and fat.”

The team of researchers found there may be some truth in the old saying “'eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper' – may be the key to a healthy body and mind.”

Their study looked at the effects of eating different types of food – and of eating them at different times in the day, according to the Daily Mail.

Mice fed a high fat meal after waking remained healthy, but those given a carb-rich breakfast, followed by a fatty dinner, did not fare as well.

Co-researcher Professor Molly Bray added: “Our study seems to show that if you really want to be able to efficiently respond to mixed meals across a day, a meal in higher fat content in the morning is a good thing.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthne...scientists.html

Fried breakfast is healthiest start to day, say scientists

A breakfast of bacon, sausages, eggs, and beans could be the healthiest start to the day, according to new research.

breakfast_1607434c.jpgScientists believe that breakfast programmes the metabolism for the rest of the day, and a fatty meal will help the body break down fat later on.

Carbohydrate rich foods in contrast appear mainly to prepare the body to break down only carbohydrates, the International Journal of Obesity reports.

Dr Martin Young, of the University of Alabama at Birmingham, said: "The first meal you have appears to programme your metabolism for the rest of the day.

"This study suggests that if you ate a carbohydrate-rich breakfast it would promote carbohydrate utilisation throughout the rest of the day, whereas if you have a fat-rich breakfast, you (can) transfer your energy utilisation between carbohydrate and fat."

The team of researchers found there may be some truth in the old saying "'eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper' – may be the key to a healthy body and mind."

Their study looked at the effects of eating different types of food – and of eating them at different times in the day, according to the Daily Mail.

Mice fed a high fat meal after waking remained healthy, but those given a carb-rich breakfast, followed by a fatty dinner, did not fare as well.

Co-researcher Professor Molly Bray added: "Our study seems to show that if you really want to be able to efficiently respond to mixed meals across a day, a meal in higher fat content in the morning is a good thing."

What's the connection with Roast Garlic Lamb?

Wouldn't it have been more suitable on one of the 'best breakfast' threads?

This is the only farang pub thread I knew of... I haven't been eaten a farang meal in town since 2008, and I like the advertising style of this thread. Not pushy. Just tempting, and looks like they try hard. Almost had me tempted to come into town. Almost.

p.s: Happy Easter!

RussianEasterCakeKulich-main_Full.jpgpost-50139-1270184488_thumb.jpg

mla102334_poached_salmon_xl.jpgzubrowka1.jpgToast_TzarCaviar.jpg

Edited by whiterussian

This is the only farang pub thread I knew of... I haven't been eaten a farang meal in town since 2008, and I like the advertising style of this thread. Not pushy. Just tempting, and looks like they try hard. Almost had me tempted to come into town. Almost.

I'll give The Old Bell credit on this one. IMHO they have the best British breakfast in town. :D All others are a no show. All the others taste as if they cooked their food in two liters of Castro Oil. :)

Edited by gotlost

I can't see it's anything to do with the advertising style either.

I think it would be well appreciated on a best breakfast thread, where people who eat heavy breakfasts (and maybe worry) can read it and enjoy their breakfasts more. Maybe the 'breakfast eaters' wouldn't bother opening up a 'Roast Garlic Lamb' thread and vice versa.

I believe there was even a vote going on at some point regarding who has the best British breakfast in Chiang Mai, which was well won by Mad Dog.

I'm sure Breakfast's and Pizza's are due for a return soon. :)

I'll give The Old Bell credit on this one. IMHO they have the best British breakfast in town. :D All others are a no show. All the others taste as if they cooked their food in two liters of Castro Oil. :D

:)

I'll give The Old Bell credit on this one. IMHO they have the best British breakfast in town. :D All others are a no show. All the others taste as if they cooked their food in two liters of Castro Oil. :)

would that be the oil from Cuba? :D

I'll give The Old Bell credit on this one. IMHO they have the best British breakfast in town. :D All others are a no show. All the others taste as if they cooked their food in two liters of Castro Oil. :D

would that be the oil from Cuba? :D

Could be. :) But then it may be Pennzoil or Quaker State Oil. :D

As Uptheos say, this isn't really a Breakfast thread, but we at The Olde Bell do have a range of set breakfasts starting from only 85 baht or you can go a la carte. If you can't face a big fry up - regardless of the health benefits it apparantly gives you, we've also got continental brekky's - you know the baguettes and croissants and cheeses and stuff, or if you really want to leave the pub feeling self-righteous, how about muesli with yoghurt and fresh banana - you'll sh*t like clockwork after that!

As this started as a Roast Lamb thread, just to let everyone know we've got Garlic Roast Lamb again this Sunday. We don't normally have two Roast Lamb lunches so close together, but as its Easter Sunday, we thought, what else could we put on! There'll also be Roast Beef, Roast Pork and Roast Chicken served from 1pm until its gone (it usaully lasts until early evening) Prices start from 195 baht for the Pork.

For future reference we'll be putting on specials of Rabbit Casserole on Sunday 11th, Roast Duck in Orange Gravy on Sunday 18th and Roast Haunch of Venison on the 25th April.