Second Hand Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Wonderboy

I would like to trade in my Ninja 250 for a 650. The 250 is just under 5 months old without any scratches or dents and looks almost as new. Have run only 2400 km. Took it to a Kawasaki dealer in Pattaya and was offered 95000B for if I upgrade. Since the new price is 145000, I expected to get a bit more. 50000b off new price is more than one third down. A car would never fall that much in such a short time, but maybe the comparison is irrelevant?

What do you guys think is a reasonable price? Would I be better off trying other shops or sell it my self in the classifieds?

WB

I just checked the trade in price for my bike...now 24,000km

I lose 15% from new price.

But then its a CBR150 which reflects the popularity somewhat. Also in a cheaper price bracket which opens up more prospects.

Selling privately unless it is a super bargain, most in the Ninja price range would opt to pay more and get a new bike I think.

That was one of the considerations in my decision of which bike to buy.

But then its a CBR150 which reflects the popularity somewhat. Also in a cheaper price bracket which opens up more prospects.

Selling privately unless it is a super bargain, most in the Ninja price range would opt to pay more and get a new bike I think.

55k for a CBR150 with 24000 kms on it? Good luck with that!! I've seen them with less mileage for less than 40k.

Of course Ninja 250's lose more than CBR's. Same as Ducati's and Triumph's lose more than Ninja 250's. Same as a Camry will lose more than a Vios. Kind of obvious isn't it?

I think a few of the early Ninja 250's went quite cheap because farangs wanted a new toy when the er6n was released and didn't really care about 10-20k baht. Since then the market has normalised a bit so 110-120 seems about right to me.

He also has to offer a warranty and no matter how well it has been looked after it may still have problems.

Presumably the remainder of the two years' guarantee is still valid.

My personal experience in selling my 250 in a similar condition was that there was no response at all with a price tag of 120,000 Baht, I was not in need of the cash, so after a while I reduced the price to 110,000 and this encouraged a number of low balls from 85,000 to 95,000, with one guy offering 110,000 but he wanted a finance deal :):D :D

Five months later I sold it for just over 100,000.

I was quite disappointed, but maybe the market is that there are the wealthier who don't mind paying the full price and them a whole lot of guys living on a tight budget and cannot afford to buy a bike unless it is going cheap.

Maybe the market has now changed a bit, especially on Phuket, where they regularly seem to operate a hub of crackdowns on big bikes without proper documentation.

Good luck.

55k for a CBR150 with 24000 kms on it? Good luck with that!! I've seen them with less mileage for less than 40k.

Of course Ninja 250's lose more than CBR's. Same as Ducati's and Triumph's lose more than Ninja 250's. Same as a Camry will lose more than a Vios. Kind of obvious isn't it?

I think a few of the early Ninja 250's went quite cheap because farangs wanted a new toy when the er6n was released and didn't really care about 10-20k baht. Since then the market has normalised a bit so 110-120 seems about right to me.

That was the price I was given this morning by the dealer I bought the bike from.....I was urprised also. But sure as hel_l I am not going to say no its too high now am I. So no dreaming by me.

The bike is only 7 months old and in showroom apearance except for the milage/ But I suspect, maybe. it would magicly lose 20.000 off the speedo reading when on the showroom floor again and for sale in a different location.

As you correctly state, the same as in my comment, usually the less popular/volume markets will always lose more in resale value. Its a natural.

Thanks everybody. Looks like 95k is somewhat on the low side. Anyway, I am open for offers above 95k, but as impatient as I am I will probably take it to the dealer in a couple of days if I don't get a quick response. Have not got any picture available right now, but colour is black.

WB

Same for the D-Tracker. They basically lose 50k once you drive them off the lot.

That said I'd snap up a ninja 250 for 100k in a heartbeat. Great deal. If I was in the market :)

Since 120 is too much and 100 such a great deal you might get 110 for it tops.