Taxi Metter From Victory Monument To Suvarnabhumi

Ayutthaya69

ok all thanks for the quik repplie so 400 baht included Toll way

That's a fair price. a 50 baht tip or even a 100 for 'benzine' costs will leave a smile on a taxi driver's face and word will get around that you were a good sort of bloke, and these little things are important when you get on a plane to leave a country.

My last one was from Sukh. Soi 2 at the Atlanta Hotel and it came to 345, but that's mainly on the motorway and there's a lot of road from the Victory Monument to Sukhumvit. I left him with 400 and let's just say that the last bloke I caught a taxi with in Thailand was fairly convinced that I was a reasonable sort of type, for a farang.

Always allow a little extra for that final journey, because it's quite an important trip, and taxi drivers can relate to these superstitions quite freely.

Recently just completed this trip and it was trip, toll-way and a great ride with tip for less than 500-baht, which we rounded up to. Meter was something like 320 plus the toll and then adding the tip.

On the reverse, limo-service wanted 1,200-baht with toll included in price. So, by all means, go with the metered-taxi.

Recently just completed this trip and it was trip, toll-way and a great ride with tip for less than 500-baht, which we rounded up to. Meter was something like 320 plus the toll and then adding the tip.

On the reverse, limo-service wanted 1,200-baht with toll included in price. So, by all means, go with the metered-taxi.

thanks allways a take taxi metter an i ask to open the metter i tell the taxi driver

If you get a mafia-connected driver, he will not turn on the meter, play his music very loud to disorient you, speak crap English instead of Thai and charge you a lot more than the meter fee which should be around 260 plus tolls.

If you get a mafia-connected driver, he will not turn on the meter, play his music very loud to disorient you, speak crap English instead of Thai and charge you a lot more than the meter fee which should be around 260 plus tolls.

lol im not worry about that because my Thai Girl Friend come whit me

Cost me just on 300 on the meter but I only went as far as Bang Kapi from airport at 9AM in the morning. Victory Monument will be almost 2x the distance with more traffic.

I do this journey regularly (Airport --> Bangkapi) and it is never more than 180 on the meter. There are also no tolls, just the 50 Baht airport surcharge. I suspect you got a dodgy meter.

Also Airport to Bangkapi is about 17 kms so it is well over halfway to Victory Monument.

400? 500? that's ridiculous!!

I've done that route a few times and never seen the meter go beyond 220.

It is compeletely ridiculous and no wonder so many taxis drivers see farang as gullible fair game!

I travel over 50kms to the airport from the north of the city all along the expressway and pay 320 on the meter. Add in 100 for tolls.

If the OP doesnt want to pay the 220 plus tolls (45+25) then he could catch a new mini van from victory for 40 baht which will take 20-25 mins straight to the terminal.

some 10 days ago sukhumvit 71 (preedee) nearby chanall and petchaburi street -> airport -some 165. reverse was 250-meter metered 200 + 50 some airport surcharge.

i did not pay attention, -if this guy was driving us somewhere a little around, or his meter is not working properly - because distance that was shown was 30km (on g.earth - the path he should drive is around 20km's, and we stopped on just one trafficlight for some 3 mins.

my airline lost my bag so i had to return to the airport from victory monument all round trip there and back cost me 400 but i paid the tolls which worked out about 140 both ways so 540 B like mid day so should be under 300B with tolls 1 way??