Yamaha Xj 600

I've just bought a yamaha XJ600. 1991 model. On a J plate for the british continjent. What i wanna know is, is it an XJ600, or is it an XJ600 diversion, also called a seca in USA? 91 is the year the first diversions and last XJ's were made. Does anyone know a definitive way of telling them apart? Looked all over the internet and all i can find is that the diversion had twin discs up front, but I know the last of the XJ's did aswell. All advice greatfuly recived.

thanks all.

Post a photo - the Diversion has the nicer colour scheme IMHO. There was a dark green metallic one sold in Germany for example while the old XJ 600 had several colours AFAIK making it look dated in comparison.

I rode the Dimension and found the engine incredibly smooth and turbine like. You got a good deal on yours?

Chris

I looked at pics on the web, but the same pics were coming up as XJ and divvie. Im certain she is a XJ now, coz the clocks and bars are diffrent. Just insured it today, so i recon the insurance company would have known if she was a divvie.

Paid £700. She is sound and complete, been resprayed, but tatty and needs a good service. Seller put braided brake hoses and new pads all round and new exhaust headers.

She runs sweet enough. I recon the aircleaner elements are chock solid, coz she dont rev out right.

I'm not to concerned coz i'm gonna pull her apart and do her up. Get the suspension sorted, and try and get hold of a shot motor. Do a mild tuning job on it. Gas flow the heads, dyno kit etc, and then slot it in.

Got an MOT tommorow, should pass OK, so long as I remember to stop and wipe the oil off the leaking fork seal before the tester sees it :)

Thanks for your help

Greasemonkey