Camping In Hua Hin

Hi folks,

I'm going to the music festival in Hua Hin over the first weekend of April. It's at Springfield Village Golf and Spa at Cha Am.

I'm on a tight budget and I thought I'd camp to keep costs down. Can you recommend any campsites which are close to the venue?

Also, I've never been to Hua Hin before and I was thinking about spending a few days camping at the beach after the festival. I'm after something quiet, low key - I'd be happy with a bit of beach or a bit of river and cheap food locally. Any tips on where to go? Can I just rock up at the beach and pitch my tent or do I have to stay at a campsite?

Do you think I'll need to rent a car? Or will I be able to do a trip like this using buses, trains, taxis etc.

Many thanks for any help or advice you can offer :) x

There's a map of the festival here

http://www.frappemusic.com/venue.html

Edited by Hannahcopacabana

I don't know of any camp sites in the Cha-Am or Hua-Hin area, but maybe you could camp on the beach at Cha-Am.

There is a cheap local bus service between Cha-Am and Hua-Hin which takes you right to the bus terminus for the Bangkok bus or mini bus which goes to Victoria monument and costs about 200Baht each way. I think that the mini-bus leaves about every 45 mins and is much better than the large bus. There are plenty of very good cheap restaurants in both locations so food should not be a problem. Cha-Am is the cheapest option for somewhere to stay and as it is now low season I feel sure that you could cut a deal anywhere you fancy. have a good trip and enjoy the music.