Sale Central Lad Prao

saorsa

In case anyone is interested, Central Lad Prao is closing for a refurb, so they have a 50% sale on (for rest of month i think, but not sure of dates). I'm going tomorrow to see if there is anything shiny for sale anyway.

most of the big discounts were on clothes, but they did have a few good deals on electric stuff. Wasnt looking at TVs though, so dunno if they had a decent deal on big LCDs

saw a samsung series 5 40" full hd for 25,000, when they had the power buy expo a year ago I bought a 37" full hd lg for around 30,000 so i guess its a pretty good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment it appears to be a big ploy to get people into Central Ladprao. Not many 'outstanding' deals to be had and very very few (if any) items marked at 90%. Most of the clothes sales are on items that are reguarly reduced anyway. Some items have already been marked up prior to the price being reduced. There are some mild reductions on electricals, but nothing to get too excited about at this stage. BS2 is selling lots of English books at 75% discount, although a lot of it is old stock, e.g. Lonely Planet guides dating back to 2000! In general about 10-20% off is the reduction at the moment, with some brands of clothes going for 50% of the marked (up) price.

Possibility of some better deals to be had as the end of the sale period approaches (23rd April).

Complete con. I used to buy all my shirts there a couple of years ago. There's always a sale on clothes and back then they were usually 50% off 600 Baht. Now the same shirts are 50% off 1200 Baht.

Maybe if you go there just before they close then things will be cheaper but I doubt it. There are probably a couple of good deals there but look around.

I was there on Wednesday with GF, absolutely packed with people. Few real bargains, the usual phony markdowns and cheap quality merchandise mixed in with the store stock.

If you are going by MRT, be aware that it is close to the PHAYON YOTHIN stop, not LAT PHRAO.