Wonderful News For Passengers Headed To Zurich

syd barrett

It may be wonderful news, but Thai Airways has direct services to Zurich Daily leaving Bangkok at 0015 and arriving in Zurich at 0645. TG are excellent. The best airline in the world. Why would people want to go to singapore? It is a 2hour 20 minute flight and then a wait to transfer to the next plane. And as for the cost, well if you can afford singapore airlines you can afford.

Now this is great news for A380 fans , I will look for a ticket before the summer, thanks

The A380 is a dog compared to the Dreamliner. The Dreamliner has so many new features that the A380 doesn't.dreamliner_16.jpg

The big advantage of the Airbus A380 over the Boeing 787 Dreamliner is the former is flying commercially :) !

You must be an American.

This new service may be very popular with Thai hi-so's visiting the money that they have stolen from the Thai people. Nobody will be on the qui vivre to report their departure from LoS; a departure to Singapore would seem to be innocuous.

Now this is great news for A380 fans , I will look for a ticket before the summer, thanks

The A380 is a dog compared to the Dreamliner. The Dreamliner has so many new features that the A380 doesn't.dreamliner_16.jpg

Sure, nice picture! Dreamliner or 380, doesnt really matter because for 37800 THB you wont be seated in this section, called First Class.

YES, that is indeed a good price to ZRH, but it doesnt give you any miles plus is there a long layover in Singapore. TG's current price to ZRH in May is 51400 THB, so that is a good saving. Flying the 380 is certainly a great experience regardless. IMHO the Boeing 787, the Dreamliner, is hel_l of an ugly plane and YES, I am American :-) and NO, Thai is not the greatest Airline in the world.

Sure, nice picture! Dreamliner or 380, doesnt really matter because for 37800 THB you wont be seated in this section, called First Class.

YES, that is indeed a good price to ZRH, but it doesnt give you any miles plus is there a long layover in Singapore. TG's current price to ZRH in May is 51400 THB, so that is a good saving. Flying the 380 is certainly a great experience regardless. IMHO the Boeing 787, the Dreamliner, is hel_l of an ugly plane and YES, I am American :-) and NO, Thai is not the greatest Airline in the world.

On EK I found a fare of 41k leave at 1am and arrive in Zurich (via Dubai) at 1 pm same day. I checked SG website and it is 41k as well. 18 hours flight time there BK -SG - ZUR

What is a good website to find airfares between Thailand and Europe? I tried Google and got page after page of supposedly cheap flights, tried one (farecompare.com) didn't work. Tried a second (edreams.com), best price 4,000 USD (over 120,000 baht - what are these people smoking?). I could just call my travel agent but I can't believe there isn't an online option?

It may be wonderful news, but Thai Airways has direct services to Zurich Daily leaving Bangkok at 0015 and arriving in Zurich at 0645. TG are excellent. The best airline in the world. Why would people want to go to singapore? It is a 2hour 20 minute flight and then a wait to transfer to the next plane. And as for the cost, well if you can afford singapore airlines you can afford.

:)

TG the best airline in the world ???? Man, you must have smoked some real heavy stuff......

Gimme S'Pore Airlines any time, no matter how much longer is the flight!

If thats first class, its pretty crummy looking. Looks more like a business class to me. :):D

The A380 is a dog compared to the Dreamliner. The Dreamliner has so many new features that the A380 doesn't.

but he's allowed to keep on dreaming :)

The A380 is a dog compared to the Dreamliner. The Dreamliner has so many new features that the A380 doesn't.

but he's allowed to keep on dreaming :)

12 or 13000 baht isnt much to tourists or businessman that travel to Bangkok. People that come on holiday or business want great service, comfort and convenience. A long flight with transfers is annoying especially for older passengers and children.

The A380 is no comparison to the Dreamliner. larger, easier to open overhead luggage compartments, a quieter ride, improved air quality offering cleaner, healthier air, and a lower cabin pressure altitude at a maximum of 6,000 feet resulting in less ear discomfort and better overall well-being. Along with higher humidity levels and fewer dry noses and throats, there will be spectacular views through the bigger windows, spacious entryway, dynamic LED lighting with a variable color spectrum that can be coordinated with a carrier's design preferences, or set to duplicate sunrise or sunset, and a smoother, more stable ride, which Boeing claims will result in an 8-fold reduction in passengers who experience motion sickness.

The A380 is no comparison to the Dreamliner. larger, easier to open overhead luggage compartments, a quieter ride, improved air quality offering cleaner, healthier air, and a lower cabin pressure altitude at a maximum of 6,000 feet resulting in less ear discomfort and better overall well-being. Along with higher humidity levels and fewer dry noses and throats, there will be spectacular views through the bigger windows, spacious entryway, dynamic LED lighting with a variable color spectrum that can be coordinated with a carrier's design preferences, or set to duplicate sunrise or sunset, and a smoother, more stable ride, which Boeing claims will result in an 8-fold reduction in passengers who experience motion sickness.

This Dreamliner sounds excellent !

What routes is it currently flying on, please ? :)

This Dreamliner sounds excellent !

What routes is it currently flying on, please ? :)

The dreamliner is only available in your dreams.

I think I'll just book a ticket in the real world instead.

Socal approach.... aehh, I meant Sokal, are you working for Boeing? :) This is not a forum for aircraft owners so you wont sell any Dreamliners here. :D

especially not with Boeing PR rubbish such as "improved air quality offering cleaner, healthier air" :D

For example it appears to lack any divider, between the classes, will that be standard-fitting ? :D

And is this picture, which I agree looks very pleasant, of the upper-deck or the lower-deck ? :)

The A380 also seems to have a couple of extra engines, no doubt that spoils the aesthetics a little, but one does like to have a spare or two, in case they're ever needed ! :D

Lastly I recall the first-flight video of the Dreamliner, a few months ago, just how alarmingly flexible the wings were, I'm all in favour of new-technology & fuel-saving, but it really was a very striking new feature. :D

For example it appears to lack any divider, between the classes, will that be standard-fitting ? :D

And is this picture, which I agree looks very pleasant, of the upper-deck or the lower-deck ? :)

The A380 also seems to have a couple of extra engines, no doubt that spoils the aesthetics a little, but one does like to have a spare or two, in case they're ever needed ! :D

Lastly I recall the first-flight video of the Dreamliner, a few months ago, just how alarmingly flexible the wings were, I'm all in favour of new-technology & fuel-saving, but it really was a very striking new feature. :D

You are correct - the 787 is such a dud Airbus can't figure out if they should call theirs the A350 or A330-PlanB. As for two versus 4 engines, the 777 has pretty much put that issue to bed.

As for interiors, check out these. Notice in the one with the exit showing between biz and economy - actual room to get out in an emergency - who would have thought!

My personal fav is the Sheik Version with upper and lower decks :D

post-22903-1269510016_thumb.jpg

post-22903-1269510038_thumb.jpg

post-22903-1269510059_thumb.jpg

Wow, looks even more like the Starship Enterprise. :)

To be serious, if only temporarily, yes the Dreamliner looks good. I look forward to flying it whenever. But the A380 is also streets-ahead of the B747-design. Both should be welcomed, by all of us who like cheaper fares, and a more-comfortable plane. :D

To be serious, if only temporarily, yes the Dreamliner looks good. I look forward to flying it whenever. But the A380 is also streets-ahead of the B747-design. Both should be welcomed, by all of us who like cheaper fares, and a more-comfortable plane. :D

I see the majority of the users did not quite understand this forum. Anyway they seem to be contented by talking about the dreamliner. Please start another forum preferably on another website because this has no relevance to Thailand.

I'd point out, the A380 already flies commercially (with Emirates) to Bangkok, and that TG have some on-order, also that the Dreamliner will no-doubt also be widely-used on long-haul scheduled/charter-operations to Thailand, so IMO it is Thai-related.

Also they're both beautiful, no ? :)

TG are excellent. The best airline in the world.

Is that the same TG who 5 years ago refused to extend my changeable 1 year return when I was unable to travel, despite a clear hospital letter recommending I wait?

What TG in effect did was take advantage of my illness and sell my ticket twice.

ps: still been unable to go, so they would have lost nothing.

What is a good website to find airfares between Thailand and Europe? I tried Google and got page after page of supposedly cheap flights, tried one (farecompare.com) didn't work. Tried a second (edreams.com), best price 4,000 USD (over 120,000 baht - what are these people smoking?). I could just call my travel agent but I can't believe there isn't an online option?

If you are willing to spend THB 120k for an eco ticket, please let me be your travel agent... :)

Seriously though, booking outward tickets by internet doesn't seem to be highly developed in Thailand. I do use travel agencies, some require me to visit them to pay and pick up the ticket, others will send the ticket by email and send an invoice to the company.

For online tickets, I visit the airline websites directly but once had a problem because the cheap ticket on TG to Manila did not earn me any miles.

I see the majority of the users did not quite understand this forum. Anyway they seem to be contented by talking about the dreamliner. Please start another forum preferably on another website because this has no relevance to Thailand.

Oh, but it does. (Excuse my intrusion into this forum.) I will book a ticket from Thailand based on the aircraft the airline uses. A Star Alliance member (SQ) offering flights to Europe on the A380 is the kind of information I am happy to receive from this forum. Thanks.