Forum Rules.please Read.

think may be about the resort ripping people off forum. name and shaming a company with out proper proof that the company ripped you off. it is to stop people trying to make up rubbish to reuin rival businesses

A basic understanding of the English language makes it easy.

For your benefit

Before posting you sign to say you have read the RULES about posting.

One of the rules states you will not post saying " Fred Bloggs bar in Chawang is crap and he overcharged me and ripped me off " ETC ( Apologies to Fred Bloggs Bar if there is one :D ) Or words to that effect.

Please consider the legal ramifications of what you post refers to the very strict and some may say harsh libel and slander laws Thailand has. Write something which is later proved to be wrong or a lie and you can go to prison.

I trust this has cleared up any misunderstanding of the English language for you.

You have to bear with Roo though as English is his second language as he comes from AUSTRALIA :):D

How in the world is anyone to understand what you wrote?

Don not worry your little head Nio, just read FORUM RULES it's all there.Maybe that would explain it for you :)

Roo does this still apply to an over seas server and over seas company. friend of mine tried and was told by thai visa admin,tv based in hong kong so no chance.

TV not in HK lol.

ok sorry I apologize for didn't read the rules of the forum

I can only tell you that what i wrote is to warn people don't make the same mistake I made it

Anyway thanks for your reply

respectfully

Andrea

ok sorry I apologize for didn't read the rules of the forum

I can only tell you that what i wrote is to warn people don't make the same mistake I made it

Anyway thanks for your reply

respectfully

Andrea

Thank you for understanding.

A court in Nakon Phanom has ruled that farangs in Thailand are liable for anything they post on the internet, slanderous or otherwise.

This is to include website owner, moderator, poster, contributor etc.

I think by this time it is well known one farang spent some time in jail already.

A well know Thai website owner was also arrest after a member on her forum posted something illegal and she was shut down.

The court ruling did not care where the server was located (In that case the US) only the fact that both plaintiff and defendent were residing in Thailand and the perported crime occured here.

The Ministry of Communications also has a new internet law on the books that should be studied if you are dealing in an online business. Seems geared more towards Thai but sections of this were referenced in the farang case.

After a review of the court case it was apparent that anyone that feels they have been slandered via the internet can file suit in any Thai court.

Once the suit is filed it appears up to the particular judge how he applies these rules to foreigners in his court.

Bottom line is jail is very possible as a precedent has already been set in the aforth mentioned case

Thank you all for understanding.

We leave it at that now. It Samui forum after all.If we wish to carry that conversation further, which I think it does have merits, it might be better served in General topics.

Thank you again.

Rooo.

Rooo, has anything in particular prompted this?

Yes it was allegations made by a member. the discussion expanded to libel laws, which is great, but it was prompted by the OP'S claims, which are against Forum Rules.