Export Basic Cost

hello hope someone can help!

i will be back in thailand for a few months soon and want to send some goods home what costs can i expect to occour and what is the largest size parcel i can send considering the fact that i will only be staying on 'tourist' visa's?

also is they a particular company that is cheaper?

and as i will only be able to send home using a 'normal' service will i really occour tax charges when my package arrives at home?

Depends on where home is,what are the regulations back home.What are you sending and how big is the parcel.

There is nothing stopping you sending stuff home because you are on a tourist visa, unless the goods are illegal.

hello hope someone can help!

i will be back in thailand for a few months soon and want to send some goods home what costs can i expect to occour and what is the largest size parcel i can send considering the fact that i will only be staying on 'tourist' visa's?

also is they a particular company that is cheaper?

and as i will only be able to send home using a 'normal' service will i really occour tax charges when my package arrives at home?

If you want a helpful reply, you'll need to answer these questions:

How big is your package?

Were is home?

Do you need it to be air mail or sea mail?

What are you sending?

Do you want it to be insured?

Edited by ~G~

sorry on a night shift my brains gone dead!

i live in the uk i do not mind how it gets here anything up to 2 months is fine.

it will be pretty big or possibly a few small ones.

basically its stock for a shop, leather goods x50 belts+bags, cowboy style boots x20 pairs (like off KSR) 250+ items of clothing.

sorry on a night shift my brains gone dead!

i live in the uk i do not mind how it gets here anything up to 2 months is fine.

it will be pretty big or possibly a few small ones.

basically its stock for a shop, leather goods x50 belts+bags, cowboy style boots x20 pairs (like off KSR) 250+ items of clothing.

By the size it seems like the best way will be to send it as LCL. Contact a frieght forwarder to get a quotation for the delivery. Sea freight will be pretty cheap, but the custom duty in UK will probably be a very significant expense. I recommend that you check the duty for every item you wish to send. The duty will be set by the sum written in the commercial invoice unless this amount seems too low. In this case it will be determined by value of similar items sent previously in other shipments.

As for the legality of this - I heard some lawyers claiming that sending goods home theoretically can be considered as "work", which you are not allowed to do without a work permit. However, this seems as an absurd interpretation of the law, and practically as long as your income does not come from Thailand this is OK.

As for the freight - Axel (in this forum) might be able to help you.