Ethernet Cable

sleepyjohn

Hi there

where could I get a cable and plugs made up for me?

Would Kitty Electronics mentioned elsewhere be a possibility? Does Amorn do it?

Or do I need somewhere more computer orientated?

cheers

Edited by sleepyjohn

Keep in mind there are different types. If you want to future proof for gigabit internet you should go with CAT6. If that is not a concern CAT5 is cheap as chips. I've wired my house with CAT5 but I only required 20 meter lengths, which I bought in one of the non-descript shops on the second or third floor in Panthip, it was prepackaged in a clear plastic bag and very cheap.

It has lasted me fine for over a year, for what it's worth.

Keep in mind there are different types. If you want to future proof for gigabit internet you should go with CAT6. If that is not a concern CAT5 is cheap as chips. I've wired my house with CAT5 but I only required 20 meter lengths, which I bought in one of the non-descript shops on the second or third floor in Panthip, it was prepackaged in a clear plastic bag and very cheap.

thanx Meadish and all. As it's only going to be strung across the trees I'll get the cheap stuff.

I shall try computer plaza as it's nearer.

thanx Meadish and all. As it's only going to be strung across the trees I'll get the cheap stuff.

How long will the cable last if you are serious about it being strung in the trees?

I shall try computer plaza as it's nearer.