The 10 Best Airports

Surely BKK is still one of worst imo but getting better very slowly. Still can understand why they use shuttle buses to board flights even when one can see plenty of open jet-ways available.

Yes there is plenty of jet-ways unoccupied and there is a good reason, Suvarnabhumi was built on a swamp and they did not built it the right way so some jet-ways are unusable because big plane like the 747 are sinking in the tarmac because of their weight.

Total crap. The subsidence issue was sorted out and miraculously disappeared when the correct political party took the helm.

Next time you arrive at a pier, only to pass through, down the stairs and on to a bus, please consider where A] the arrival gate is and B] the point of entry into the terminal is. In most cases, I have found the bus saves a long walk down the airy halls to baggage claim and/or Immigration. The only instance of parking on tarmac and busing that I have experienced is on late arriving flights, mostly domestic.

I just did my first ever transit through Heathrow T5 from BA international to BA domestic. A similar transit at Suvarnabhumi is a dream compared to that "brand-new" shambles! Their security screening is almost as bad as that at CDG, another airport I try to avoid. It would appear that T5 has 'automated' the passenger and hand carry screening but omitted to consider that not everyone speaks or reads English or is vaguely familiar with what the game is about. Having a couple of staff yelling in heavily accented English about removing belts and shoes and laptops to masses of mostly foreign people waiting in line just about negates the effectiveness of the huge, sexy, double-deck, baggage tray scanning system.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic