Guiness

vickersvc10

I can confirm your worst fears .We sell draught Gunness in our bar and have an account with the importers and we have been told by them that they are stopping importing it.

There is not enough demand in Thailand to make it worthwhile plus the duty on it is to be increased !!!!!!!!

JJ

Correct and probably true with many of the stuff brewed locally in Asia.

Apparently when the FTA came into effect lowering import duties (to zero I think) for beers brewed in ASEAN countries, Thailand assumed this would be an undue burden on the local Thai breweries, so apparently they fiddled a bit with the excise taxes making those imports effectively more expensive after the 0% import duty came into effect!

As wholesale prices were already on the high side for imported beers, they become now so high it simply doesn't make any sense importing the stuff.

Although DKSH will no longer distribute it, it looks like Heineken will. There are still supplies available through DKSH but they will run out within the next few weeks. Interestingly Diageo - who make Guinness aren't interested in distributing their own product in Thailand.

Yeah, there are more Guinness threads then Taksin ones at the moment.

Try Dwyers Stout, it tastes better than the Guinness in Thailand.

Where can you get Dwyers ? also is Murphys stout advailable anywhere ?

as far as I know, the only places to find Dwyers is at Bullys and Oreillys pubs. I guess it's in a few more pubs but not sure which ones.

Don't know about Murphys in bars but I buy them from TIN trading for home.

Yeah, there are more Guinness threads then Taksin ones at the moment.

Try Dwyers Stout, it tastes better than the Guinness in Thailand.

Where can you get Dwyers ? also is Murphys stout advailable anywhere ?

as far as I know, the only places to find Dwyers is at Bullys and Oreillys pubs. I guess it's in a few more pubs but not sure which ones.

Don't know about Murphys in bars but I buy them from TIN trading for home.

Selina at Apple Honey Ciders is TINs agent in Pattaya for Murphy's, fairly sure she is sold out though.

The newish Beach Bar, beach road/ Pattaya Klang sell Dwyers, Queen Vic to sell it soon, Jamesons gave it a try but dont know if they still have it.

Correct and probably true with many of the stuff brewed locally in Asia.

Apparently when the FTA came into effect lowering import duties (to zero I think) for beers brewed in ASEAN countries, Thailand assumed this would be an undue burden on the local Thai breweries, so apparently they fiddled a bit with the excise taxes making those imports effectively more expensive after the 0% import duty came into effect!

As wholesale prices were already on the high side for imported beers, they become now so high it simply doesn't make any sense importing the stuff.

T.I.T. shock1.gif