Theoretically Speaking

lovelomsak

First I would like to let everyone know the reason this is in general and not newsclipping is I donot know how to link sorry.

Second this is only theoretically speaking I have no interest in who leads Thialand or Thai politics. My life is good here no complaints.

I read today in the Nation about Bangkok people tired of rally and want end to it. Now please assist me on theory here ok. Peaceful demonstrations are held to bring forward to the public issues am I right. This has been a peaceful demonstration right.When the demonstrations start to effect others and they want it to end ,then the demonstration is starting to show results.,right. Now that the people want it ended it is now up too the demonstrators to give a strong arquement as to what they want to resolve the issue and request their demands are met right.

For the other party in the dispute to not see the reasoning or willnot act on it are they to fault? Can blame for a peaceful rally with no outcome be blamed on anyone? If people strongly believe in something and act peacefully and together are they wrong? Is this a no win situation? Now it appears that everyone is losing something no one gaining anything. First we have the demonstrators ,they domonstrate because they insist they are already losing a lot by having the present government in place. Second now Bangkokians are losing business because of the rally.No one is gaining here or appears as not.

I am just baffled as to how this can be settled is looks like a stalemate to me.

I think 1. is the best solution as well, though I don't think the wait will be until 2011.

To the OP: The issue may be your choice of newspaper / news source. Here is an alternate account of events:

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2...or-bust-part-1/

And there are truly excellent international sources as well. I'm getting very enamoured with The Economist lately, but just about all of the serious international politics magazines are excellent. Some well known Thai dissidents also have blogs and Facebook pages, these are often in English.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai