Car Crash

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was one of the nicest, honeat and generous people I have ever met and this island if not the world is a sadder place without him. He will be greatly missed. His family back in the UK have been informed and I will post details of his service when I know them

RIP JOE MATE, Show the big fella how to cook !

I couldn't have put it in better words. Met him on a train trip from Surat to Bkk back in 2001 where we shared a cabin. He offered his great sausages stuffed between sandwiches and I was sold. This was the first time I tasted great sausage made in Samui (or on Samui at the time). He was one great character on the island that will be greatly missed...

R.I.P Big Joe

Over the last few years whenever Joe came to Pattaya he would A/ call in with his friends for breakfast B/ compliment us on our food and service, even though we may not have bought anything from him ( and I should add, he would let me know if the bacon was dry!!)/ and C leave us with the best Pork Pies outside Melton Morbray.

To all of you in Koh Samui you are far luckier than I, in that you lived alongside and had the chance to talk daily with such a fine man.

A very sad day

Bert

RIP Joe. My mate Terry from Euro bar in Patong was always raving on about Joe and his pies, pasties and relishes, so we drove over about a year ago and caught up with him, had a few drinks over a couple of days, and stocked up with loads of goodies for the trip back........delicious they were too.

A lovely man with a generous heart. Condolences to his family and staff.

So sad that another good person is gone. Didn't know Joe that well only met a few times, but loved his food. Everyone I met who had known him for a long time all said the same thing about him, a big man with an even bigger heart. Condolences to his family, friends and staff. RIP.

What a loss. :)

The nicest man i ever met on Koh Samui. It has been an absolute pleasure doing business with Joe. never a dull moment. He will be sorely missed by many.

My deepest condolences to all Joes friends and family.

Any information as to the Cremation date and location will be most appreciated.

R.I.P. Big Joe

The Harp Bar

Thongsala.

the information i have is that hopefully Joes funeral will be Monday. Joe is back on the island but still a few things to sort out as to where. as i find out more i will pass it on, if anybody else has any clearer information please up date as i know a lot of people knew Joe longer than me.

the information i have is that hopefully Joes funeral will be Monday. Joe is back on the island but still a few things to sort out as to where. as i find out more i will pass it on, if anybody else has any clearer information please up date as i know a lot of people knew Joe longer than me.

sorry Joe should be back tomorrow,

The latest on big Joe. He will be back on the island tomorrow and will be laying in rest at the Wat near the Bophut traffic lights from Thursday. Anybody wishing to go and pay their respects is welcome to do so. His actual cremation date is still being worked out. I will post it as soon as we have it.

I have been asked to tell people that the shop is still open for business and we are trying to keep it that way for the time being. It would help give the staff some confidence if people continued to buy as normal. It has been a great shock to them all as you can expect. He was a well loved employer.

He will be greatly missed RIP mate. Upstairs is in for one big shock

Edited by H2oDunc

We can understand the frustration of not having definite dates. We are trying to supply information through a couple of members.

They were asked by Peter & Steve to relay the updates , as they are getting snowed under with calls.

So if you check here every so often, that might ease the burden on them & let them carry on dealing with red tape issues.

Thank you.

Rooo.

So sorry to hear this news.

I only met him a couple of times but he made such a memorable impression.

I went to buy some of his famous pies, he was nice and helpful and boy did he know about his food. I only asked him how to heat up my pies and I got a manual on the procedure. Thats how dedicated and passionate he was about his product.

Great guy never forgot!

R.I.P Joe.

Edited by Devil

soooo very sad, what a big man with an even bigger heart, cant say how many times he helped me out, and i wasnt the only one!

why o why o why.................rest in peace my friend......the world has lost a genuine gentleman.

Correct me if someone knows better but the accident happened in the morning in fair rain when he went over one this little highway bridges that are known to be treacherous as they often collect water in both ends. Truck driver witness told that no one else was involved in the situation as he lost the control of the vehicle and skidded in to the trees near by the highway.

Just a reminder for all of us living anywhere. Rain equals snow to certain extend. Weather on 2 or 4 wheels - slow down big time. Samui's new fancy asphalt gets slippery and it has also already taken its toll. Think. Slow down. Respect.

just a word of advice, please make sure somebody some where knows who your next of kin (NOK)are. it makes things so much easier when some thing like this happens. the Embaasy are legally obliged to try and trace them. it saves your friends over here a lot of problems and also helps them to deal with things simpler. this may go some way to explaining why the guys are having so many problems trying to sort out Joes funeral arrangements.

Just spoke to one of the guys and Joe is at the temple in bohput, a few of the guys went down last night and some are going tonight.,still hoping for Monday but not everthing sorted with the Embassey yet, so maybe to short a time to get things sorted at the temple. thats all i know up to now.