Air Rifle

kelboy

Hi

i have just been told that i can get a air rifle

but i thought this was againsed the law.

My thai f-law has a real gun and said i can

use it,but i don't want to.All i want one for

is the birds around my fish ponds etc.

Thanks all.

kda :):D:D

Why would any level headed person, want to kill birds?

Was you abused as a child or something?

I also have fish ponds and use the common sense method, by covering the ponds with nets that can be obtained very cheaply from any hardware store.

Edited by BigWheelMan

I also have fish ponds and use the common sense method, by covering the ponds with nets that can be obtained very cheaply from any hardware store.

He's hungry.

Winston Churchill liked bird hunting.

You will need a license for an air gun, you can buy air guns around BKK under the counter.

If you search this forum you will find some locations these guns are sold at.

All my neighbors have home made air rifles that fire steel balls, they use them for hunting birds and, are quite powerful.

Winston Churchill liked bird hunting.

and was also subject to repeated humiliating corporal punishment at school .....

is there not a Royal decree against killing birds in Thailand now after the population was decimated?

Or at least a certain Royal spoke out against killing birds here in Thailand, as I was told some time back.

Better check to be on the safe side b4 you kill those poor feathered ones.

He's hungry.

I thought that maybe he wanted to do some late night mangy soi dog culling....

(for noise reasons not hunger!)

What you do is either put nets across the pond or tolerate losing some fish.

You live in the birds' environment and you keep their natural food in volume in a pond. Killing the birds is quite unreasonable.

Nope not against the law, infact I know a couple air soft gun stores.

The one I been too had maybe 40-70 guns on display and they look darn real to me.

Most were imported from Japan, didnt check the price but it wasnt cheap but wasnt super expensive either.

let me know if you need the address.

Nope not against the law, infact I know a couple air soft gun stores.

The one I been too had maybe 40-70 guns on display and they look darn real to me.

Most were imported from Japan, didnt check the price but it wasnt cheap but wasnt super expensive either.

let me know if you need the address.

Air soft is legal but a bb or pellet rifle shooting a brass bb or lead pellet is only legal with a gun license. You can get a licence in your wife or girlfriends name and have her purchase it for you.

Have you considered the Crossbow 3 in 1 alternative?

For less than 4000bht you can get a pistol sized crossbow that fires propper bolts, short darts and ball barings. Range is reasonable if you are using it in your garden. Looks nice too.

As another alternative have you tried a metal mesh wire covering that you can pass a high voltage/ampage through? A reasonable deterant... and no license required.

What about the BB gun that shoots plastic ball. It will not kill the birds but will chase them away. I use it successfully with the pigeons around my house.

The balls are very cheap too. A powerful one should cover quite a wide range. You don't need a license to buy that as long as it's designed and used to shoot plastic ball. Also as long as you use in in you property and not carrying it around in public places or use it to rob a bank!! :):D