Horse Riding

eek

Horizon Village are not doing riding at this time, so went along Mae Rim way to find out about the Horse Riding there. Found a place with Horses called the "Lanna Riding School", but they said i cannot ride there, and that i should go 5-6km up from there to find another place (all in Thai, so it wasnt 100% clear to me). I went further to the golf club place, and asked some ladies there, that instructed me to go back to where i came from.... So..gave up!

Anyone can clue me up?

Thanks!

A friend of mine was telling me that he goes and rides the army horses (on the way to Maerim) for free as they don't have enough people to execise them but you also have to do some mucking out etc.

Next time i see him i will get some more details.

It maybe the military horse riding school. Coming from town and going straight at the intersection with the second ringroad where you can go left to Huay Thung Tao and right to Maejo, it's about 1 km further on your left. There's a horse statue in front of the gate. Can't miss it. They ride at 4 pm and in weekend at 8 am, if i remember well.

You can also try at Flora Ville on the Doi Saket road. Going to Horizon and about 2 - 4 km's after the intersection with the second ringroad it's on your right just before a PTT petrol station (on your right) and a brownish pedestrian bridge or something over the road.

Edited by Nienke