Lovely Afternoon In Chiang Mai

cerbera

In a previous post I stated that variable living expenses for a family of six (Mother in law included) in Chiang mai were nearly or slightly exceeding the cost of living in the UK.

Well, I had a bit of an indulgent afternoon.

Large lunch....... pad thai, kow phad etc.........55Baht........UK 12.00GBP

Went for a run..........Then

The best massage I have ever had in 30years of visiting Thailand

100Baht

The wind and thunder rose in symphony with this small, thai woman pounding me.

Cost Uk (if there was anyone who could deliver such treatment) between 45 and 60 quid per hour.

Came out, mounted scooter, flat tire. Drove to my thai mates shop. Said put two michelins on scooter. He said tyres still good and he would repair the puncture.

Walked next door for a rather brilliant haircut in air con done by a charming, precise thai woman, including a wet shave 70 baht. UK around the 35 quid mark.

Chap had Fixed the puncture. 20 Baht. In Uk.... dont Know... a tenner, maybe more?

So replete, pummelled, shorn, fixed bike and breathing decent air 245 THB (Bit more incl small tips) all in

In Uk around the 5000 to 6000THB mark. Not as much fun and not dealing with such nice people.

So the answer is stay on your own. :)

Edited by cerbera

Good post, cebara. I had a similar afternoon without the flat tire. But, great things often happen when you just LET them happen. A flat tire a few weeks ago meant I had push my bike about a block to get it fixed. Then, while waiting in a cafe I met the most lovely, friendly lady who I later took out to supper. Life is good.