Anyone Submitted UK Settlement Visa On March 2010 And Get The Result?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Sorry I don't have the answer to your question but when you do get it back could you let me know as my wife submitted hers and her sons on Friday 26th March and I may get some idea of the timescales I need to wait.

We want to travel on the 25th May and were hoping to have it back by then, they did say it can take 12 weeks but the woman said she has seen them back in 4-6 weeks recently but your right a lot of student were also applying.

I bet your going crazy waiting, I know I am and its not even been a week yet....I will be glad when we all get on that plane!!!

Much Appreciated

Andy

Don't want to throw a spanner in the works for you folks. But this time last year it was taking 12 to 13 weeks.

Maybe down to the volume of applications at this time of the year.

That was a wait I would not wish to repeat. Good Luck

Hi,

me and the husband did his on the 19th of march and havnt heard anything yet, the lady at the application centre did say she thought it would take a month but could be longer, the office was absolutely packed and my husband had to wait 4 and a half hours just to do his biometric data.

could luck everyone.

Skeets

Friends of ours submitted settlement visa application at VFS on 18th feb 10,still heard nothing back yet.

oops sorry, should have updated,friends wife received settlement visa for the UK approx 1.5 weeks ago,now together in UK.

After submitting our spouse visa application on Feb 26th.

We got a sms on Thursday 8th April that application was finalised

Today 12th April - courier delivered passport, the decision was..........................................

YES :):D:D:D:D

Good luck to everybody waiting, Its the 2nd happiest day of my life, first was my marriage.

Application submitted March 8th and still no word here.

We put May 5th as our proposed date of travel (didn't buy tickets yet), but we both have employment waiting for us in the UK and are keen to get to work!

I'm thinking of faxing the embassy towards the end of this week if we haven't heard anything. Is it better to just sit and wait or give them a polite prod?

We put May 5th as our proposed date of travel (didn't buy tickets yet), but we both have employment waiting for us in the UK and are keen to get to work!

I'm thinking of faxing the embassy towards the end of this week if we haven't heard anything. Is it better to just sit and wait or give them a polite prod?

My wife also applied 8th march. I think we should hear this week, if the Visa Centre stays open. Not much point in chasing them IMO.

My wife also applied 8th march. I think we should hear this week, if the Visa Centre stays open. Not much point in chasing them IMO.

I guess so, I did call the VFS last week seeing as you're unable to contact the embassy by phone, I didn't have to give any details.

I just wanted a rough estimate of the processing times at present, but all the girl would tell me was 'within 3 months' which is fair enough I guess.

I mentioned about our travel date and her advice was to fax the embassy if we hadn't heard by the end of the month and someone would look at the application, but of course I don't want to seem impatient and delay the process.

I'm also concerned now about booking travel and delays with the volcano in Iceland, I hear there's a backlog with flights at present and it'll be a while before we can fly although this is just hearsay from a friend, I haven't actually looked into it.

I keep checking the online visa tracking page for the hope of some update (I am not able to post URLs on this forum for some reason), but it's been the same since the afternoon the application was submitted. :)

Status of your passport

Reference Number APET/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/X

Application date 08 Mar 2010

Status Your visa application has been forwarded to the British Embassy : 08 Mar 2010

Good luck everyone, hope we hear soon.

Sorry for the late update:

My fiance applied on 3rd March for a fiance settlement with proposed travel date as May 3rd and we got the text to say the visa was ready last thursday (22nd April). Don't yet as know the outcome as we won't be in Bangkok until 29th but hope this helps.

Thank you very much KP86 and RINBURY for updating this good news :):D :D :D :D

This sounds like a good sign that it is not gonna be something like a 3 month wait.. Thank God!

I submitted on 10 March so I hope to get it early May.. fingers crossed

I am behind you all there.....My wife submitted hers on 23rd March and were hoping to travel 25th May...I am hoping it will be done in time....With Easter, Songrkan and the issues in Bangkok im not too hopeful. It seems they are getting through them the same though.

Good luck everyone and keep me posted.....I will update with mine too

Andy

I am behind you all there.....My wife submitted hers on 23rd March and were hoping to travel 25th May...I am hoping it will be done in time....With Easter, Songrkan and the issues in Bangkok im not too hopeful. It seems they are getting through them the same though.

Andy

Andy

Submitted my wife's son Settlement to join us in UK on 30th March travelling 23rd May nothing yet...!

will keep updated for all those waiting too.

Good luck everyone.

Jason

The VFS office is closed again today 27th, and the Embassy Visa Section are running on less staff. :)

Where did you find this info from please?

VFS Website.

Ah thanks for that link. :D

"27 April 2010: Important announcement - Closure of the visa application centre until further notice. To ensure the safety of our customers and staff, the Visa Application Centre at Regents house will be closed until further notice due to the current disruptions in Bangkok. The UK Border Agency is also only running a limited service for processing visa applications. As a result, customers may experience delays in the processing of their visa application. Please keep monitoring this website for any further updates. We apologise for the inconvenience."

Until further notice? Great, just great... Thanks red shirts... :D

Edited by lostforwords

Not a settlement visa I know but my wife applied for her "tourist" visa on 21st april and she has just had a text today (30th april) saying it is approved and ready for collection.

So they may have their doors shut to the public but they are still working and therefore should be clearing some of their backlog which should please some people.

Anyway samuzza you asked for any good news and thats mine.

HL :)