Stikshift Lock

I was at the bitec autoshow today, i found 2 shops, one that installs the shift lock and 1 that does the pedal lock..i'm still thinking shiftlock is best option for a manual stick-shift;

looking at the pedal lock, seems to me like it would be possible to saw off the pedal right above where it is being locked, the thief would rig something up there to push the lever just enough to get it to a safe place and deal with it then .. same thing for an automatic shift-he can saw and only needs to get it into drive.. with the stick-shift it works like a pivot (closer you get to the pivot, the less leverage) and has to be used skillfully with the clutch;it will get very difficult if not impossible to shift if it were cut low , the one i saw today is different then the one i had before, it is concealed under the paneling..

Edited by pkspeaker

Have you had a bad experience with car theft in the past?

Its been my experience that unless you have something really tasty, car theives are someone elses problem. When you have something tasty, if they want it, they will take it, END OF STORY.

what I am trying to say is, I wouldn't bother with either. Get a decent alarm if you don't already have one. 2000b better spent in my opinion. Why?

If they are pro's ITS GONE NO MATTER WHAT

if they are oportunists, the noise will make them go for an easier prospect.

Logic really, I can take my time breaking into your stick shift and filing off the lock cos nobody is coming to complain about the racket of the car alarm going off... Geddit?

its not great but its new (yaris) - and any new car is a favorite for thieves who will take it to be resold in cambodia, so i wouldn't mind adding a little extra protection since it's a cheap addition.. i don't like alarms, especially cheap 3rd party alarms that are rigged into the cars electrical system because they can be easily quieted by thieves and more often they go-off incidentally annoying neighbors and it gets to the point where every time an alarm goes off, everyone-including security-just thinks it's another false alarm, the thief only has to shut it up in a few minutes and he's fine.