If I Buying The Iphone 3gs From True...

Lammbock

...including some of there 3g Packages ect ect. Can i bring the Phone to foreign countries such as Germany, Hong Kong or where ever and drop in a local SIM Card???

Doesn't matter if 3g is supported than or not. It is just to save my phone costs by using the local SIM cards in the IPhone. To make it short: Are the IPhones from True are locked for foreign SIM cards or not??? Any experiences???

Best Regards,

Lammbock

Yes, definitely, they are unlocked. The nice people at the True shop will plug the phone into iTunes for the first time in the store, if you watch their screen you will see the message from Apple coming up that the phone was unlocked successfully.

Martin

There have been some rumor that they will be a new IPhone coming up this Summer. What do you think about that? Should i wait for the new one.

Also a very short comment on CNN was made that the new IPhone will be Faster and Thinner.

I don't know what to do???

Try googling 'iPhone 4G' and you'll see the shiny new toy coming soon....! different spec; titanium shell, more memory and includes more megapixels in camera but apart from that nowt much has changed....

The "iPhone Nano" is a hoax, and the rumor has surfaced every year for the past three.

Thailand doesn't support 3G, so 4G won't be supported either...at least for a long while.

There are prototypes of a new iPhone floating around. From the photos I saw, it was nearly indistinguishable from the current iPod Touch. Very cool.

well either you get a 3GS now, or you get a 4G in .... at best, August, probably later. I don't think there'll be bad shortages this year, and it will be introduced in June, and on sale in the USA end of June, but rest of the world will be later.

As for what the 4G can or cannot do, nobody knows. I imagine they will improve the 3GS - maybe there's a new processor developed in-house, like the iPad's... and a new screen, to make it use less battery. Other than that the 3GS is already pretty amazing, I don't know where you could seriously improve it. Except for battery life, there's lots of room for improvement.

Edited by nikster

Thailand doesn't support 3G,

If 3G mean: GSM, GPRS and EDGE than ofcourse it does. (ok, i just guess.)

TOT 3G is working in Bangkok, various 3rd party vendors (MVNOs - mobile virtual network operators).

True 3G is working in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and some areas in Ko Samui and Phuket as well as a few other places. Just got a True contract and was positively surprised to find 3G working here in Samui. That wasn't advertised?!

It now looks like 3G is creeping into Thailand even though there are no official licenses.

Edited by nikster

3g working fine for me, although so far in bangkok have not found a location without a wireless connection to borrow. I turned wireless off to test 3g and was pleasantly surprised at the speed. Can post stats if anyone wants.

Tested tethering yesterday. True 3G gets 1.5Mbits download in Ko Samui, very respectable! But a very high ping at 450ms to Bangkok makes it appear slower when websurfing etc.

Edited by nikster

3g working fine for me, although so far in bangkok have not found a location without a wireless connection to borrow. I turned wireless off to test 3g and was pleasantly surprised at the speed. Can post stats if anyone wants.

Tested tethering yesterday. True 3G gets 1.5Mbits download in Ko Samui, very respectable! But a very high ping at 450ms to Bangkok makes it appear slower when websurfing etc.

And if you are outside of a built up area you may joy get any Internet connection.

Even worse you might not get a phone signal.

Just speaking from experience