2nd Australian Tourist Visa

hey guys,

long time between posts well my wife of 2 years has been granted 2nd tourist visa to oz :)

1st visa granted in november 2009 she recieved a single entry 3 month no further stay & all went well.

she went back to bkk feb 2010.she just applied for a 1 year multi entry visa & was granted it yesterday 4 day turn around.

this 2nd visa has 2 conditions

• no work
  • max 3 months study

have purchased a 1 way ticket this time bkk to oz . was interested to know how much interigation is involved at immigration upon arrival with no outbound ticket ?

the reason for purchasing a 1 way ticket was it was so cheap jetstar for $14000.00 baht

and as she has to leave every 3 months we will be travelling to such places as singapore,bali & new zealand over the next 12 months

will this be a problem in the eyes of immigration ?

thanks for any information or stories of problems she may encounter.

Gday,

I have been through the same situation with 2 seperate tourist visas and on both occasions with Air Asia my wife was asked for evidence of an outbound ticket before boarding the airplane. If I were you I wouldnt risk it. Purchase an outbound ticket now or atleast book a flight with an airline that allows you to refund the ticket or change the date.

Air Asia wont even let me fly out of Australia without a return ticket!

Since she got her Fiancee Visa we no longer need outbound tickets and have never been asked. Infact, immigration havent even given her a second glance. We have left the country and returned twice on the Fiancee Visa without dramas.

The tourist visa's were a different story, both times we were pulled up at customs and given a bit of a hard time but nothing too dramatic.

The return ticket situation is all dependent on the airline, maybe they wont even ask or maybe they will. Dont risk it!!

Also, a word of warning, although I doubt Jetstar would ask, but most airlines will not allow a passenger to fly on a ticket purchased with a creditcard in someone elses name unless that person is present at checkin to produce the card. I know Air Asia dont ask because I have done it many times using my Dads creditcard.

Troy.

Also, a word of warning, although I doubt Jetstar would ask, but most airlines will not allow a passenger to fly on a ticket purchased with a creditcard in someone elses name unless that person is present at checkin to produce the card. I know Air Asia dont ask because I have done it many times using my Dads creditcard.

Not too sure about this one......my wife travelled on Thai with a ticket purchased on my credit card.....more than once.....was never questioned and I was here in Oz.

Edited by gburns57au

Not too sure about this one......my wife travelled on Thai with a ticket purchased on my credit card.....more than once.....was never questioned and I was here in Oz.

I have always purchased my wife's ticket on my Westpac Gold credit card, as it covers us both for all medical and insurance for up to 3 months.

We have done this on Thai Airlines, Phillippine Air, British Air, Qantas Air, Air Asia, Singapore Air and Virgin. Never been queried anywhere.

Cathay Pacific Airlines required one to be able to produce the credit card at initial check in at the airport.

That was according to their website about 12 months ago. Whether they check at an Australian airport

or not is another matter. On-line website bookings only.

Edited by david96

hey guys

thanks for the info so far i must mention that the ticket was purchased with my wifes own westpac mastercard & she has this with her which she will provide along with passport , visa & itinery so this is not our concern. i have spoken to jetstar & they were unable to confirm if a out bound ticket is required also spoke to immigration in oz & they told me there is no problem as she has a valid visa to enter.

my only concern is that immigration in thailand will want to see aproof of onward or return travel before alowing her to board.

hey guys

thanks for the info so far i must mention that the ticket was purchased with my wifes own westpac mastercard & she has this with her which she will provide along with passport , visa & itinery so this is not our concern. i have spoken to jetstar & they were unable to confirm if a out bound ticket is required also spoke to immigration in oz & they told me there is no problem as she has a valid visa to enter.

my only concern is that immigration in thailand will want to see aproof of onward or return travel before alowing her to board.

Hi mate.

This has been discussed before here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Ticket-Austr...tralian+tourist

The op was in a similiar position to you.

After reading through you will see that I don't think it's necessary.

I seriously doubt you will have a trouble with

Thai Immigration. Like most Immigration departments,

they are mainly focussed on incoming foreigners not

Thai citizens.

Regards

Will

my wife (then girlfriend) was granted a 12 month multi tourist visa. We subsequently purchased a BKK-MELB- BKK ticket with Thai airways open for 12 months. When it was time to return to thailand after the first 3 months I purchased a MELB- BKK -MELB ticket with Jetstar. The cat was set among the pigeons when she was returning to Melb. At check in at BKK jetstar staff informed her she may have a problem at melb and denied entry because she did not have a return ticket. PANIC and more PANIC. she rang her sister in BKK who rang a cousin in MELB who rang another friend who rang her husband at work who rang my work who contacted me by 2 way radio. I subseqeuntly was able to contact an immigration officer at Tullamarine airport (ithink it was the one with the turban you see on that t.v. show and had a less than satisfactory conversation.) All this while my partner is at 30,000 ft.

When partner arrives at Melb she strolls straight through. No prblem.