New Rules For Tourst And Expats Alike.

None Thai’s face new dilemma when visiting Thailand's nightlife zones.

Five nightlife seekers face jail sentences in Bangkok.

Three British and two Australian men at 00:12 hours where arrested for working without relevant documents in the Ratchada area of Bangkok.

Clive a thirty five year old single man from the Bristol area of England explained, “I was at a loss when I was whisked away after being notified I was working in a Karaoke bar without a work permit for such a position”.

I replied, “I am not working here I am just singing a song”

The arresting staff agreed he was singing in a public venue and this constitutes working and no permits where on the offending Englishman for such a position.

Barry from Brisbane Australia was also arrested for working without a permit.

Cheef Chinny Chnanny Wingy Wo Wa explained that the twenty two year old student studying technology at the university of Sydney is facing serious charges, for working in Thailand without a permit. We entered the premises and found Barry working as an audio technician.

Barry the stunned student protested, “I was not working as a audio technician, I was just passing the microphone to my brother Kevin as his song was coming up”.

Cheef Chinny Chnanny Wingy Wo Wa explain that Mr Barry Smith’s confession of working as a head musical technician and advisor will be seen as a positive during his swift trial. Also he added that the notification that his brother was also a singer without work permit would also help his case.

Date 1st April 2010

There are foreigners trying to hustle people into clubs in Patpong and I am sure in other places in Bangkok, I am sure that most of them do not have work permits and are trying to earn an income on the side. Maybe it is time that Immigration did do a sweep of the area.

:) umm take it your good thai person ja

There are foreigners trying to hustle people into clubs in Patpong and I am sure in other places in Bangkok, I am sure that most of them do not have work permits and are trying to earn an income on the side. Maybe it is time that Immigration did do a sweep of the area.

Further Breaking News

A lesson never learned.

During his trial for working as a bartender without a work permit, Mr Steve Wats from Manchester elected to defend himself.

Steve Wats a solicitor working for the acclaimed "Rights and Sons of Deansrgate" explained that he was involved in a misunderstanding and as such could not be tried for a crime. He was mealy pouring his own drink not another persons and this technicality should be enough for a mistrial. He also explained that there was a similar misunderstand in the case of the other 4 defendants. The judge found Mr Wats not guilty.

Once the bailiff set him free, Mr Wats left the court hearing room, then two more court appointed bailiffs re-arrested Mr Wats for working as a legal consultant without the correct documents.

Edited by barrella