Cricketer's Running Amok In Chiang Mai

alfieconn

I am hearing of many reports of the so called gentleman of sport causing trouble all around town.

Brawling between the various teams and with the locals is not something we expect from this so called civilised sport so why in Chiang mai ?

Rape and pillage has also been a regular occurance especially around ''The Foxy Lady'' area and i didn't even know that the vikings played cricket.

Apparently the BIB have examined CCTV cameras from the various areas and arrest's are imminent with local police planning a raid on the Gymkana Ground today.

Edited by alfieconn

:):D:D

Anyone remember what day this is... :D

I guess I missed all the fun. This contrasts so much from what I posted yesterday. :D

What would 2 Yanks know about cricketers :D

I ain't a Yank. Them's fightin words. I'm a Canuck with Scottish ancestory that goes back 4 centuries.

Cricket is simple... There are 10 guys on each team and when one side is in the other side is out. When the side that is in is all out they go out and the side that is out comes in until they are all out. There is a guy running around rubbing his balls and then throws it at someone who swings a club at it. After a long while they all go out for tea. The game goes on and on for five days and at the end nobody knows who won. Mainly because they are so full of tea they've got to pee and don't care about anything.

:):D:D

Anyone remember what day this is... :D

I guess I missed all the fun. This contrasts so much from what I posted yesterday. :D

What would 2 Yanks know about cricketers :D

I ain't a Yank. Them's fightin words. I'm a Canuck with Scottish ancestory that goes back 4 centuries.

Cricket is simple... There are 10 guys on each team and when one side is in the other side is out. When the side that is in is all out they go out and the side that is out comes in until they are all out. There is a guy running around rubbing his balls and then throws it at someone who swings a club at it. After a long while they all go out for tea. The game goes on and on for five days and at the end nobody knows who won. Mainly because they are so full of tea they've got to pee and don't care about anything.

wrong from the get go! 11. good attempt thou :D

hardly simple when you have unusual rules for rain delays in the one day game, hel_l, even the term sounds complex, Lewis Duckworth system or some goobly gook like that :cheesy:

then to throw you off they add some hunting terms in the game, like "out for a duck" :clap2:

i'll stick to rugby thanks :D

Edited by Donnyboy

Ian, have you considered applying for the commentator's position, at the Gymkana Club, I am in awe of your mastery of the finer nuances & subtleties of the game. :)

Sorry :D i thought Canada was one of the States of America :D .

A state where the inhabitants are so clever, that they don't pay taxes to Washington, surely ?

:D

wrong from the get go! 11. good attempt thou :)

Oh yah, that OTHER GUY standing out in the field wearing a white outfit and a funny hat. I never did figure out why he didn't get a chance to bat. Maybe he was the little kid who always struck out in baseball's version of cricket and nobody wanted to give him a chance to bat.

No, that's the umpire (ref) who isn't part of either team. Every man may have to bat, but the wicket keeper (the one behind the sticks getting balls wanged at him) rarely has a bowl... unless perhaps he's having a mare of a day behind the stumps and has a deft touch wiv da ball.