Writing Thai

hi agian everyone

i am here in england waiting to sort out paper work for my thia wife so we can do settelment visa application no 2 in august,

and i was hoping some one could help me or point me in the right way

1, i have windows xp home

2,i would like to type in english ,but come up in thia,so i can send it to my wife,and earn some brownie points

3, will i have to get a thia /english keyboard ?

4,will i have to down load any softwear ? and where from

thanks all keep up the best forum pete

Hi Pete,

With Windows XP it should be a straightforward matter for you to install Thai on your computer. See this thread.

However, installing Thai does not enable your computer to "speak" it. When you switch to a Thai keyboard, pressing the keys for an English spelling doesn't mean the word will be translated in to Thai. For example, I shall now change to Thai input and press the t-h-a-i keys - ฟร. Now, that does not mean "Thai" in Thai.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Try the web site at: http://learningthai.com/translator

Evidently if you type an english message, it will convert your message

to Thai (not very accurately).

Better than nothing I believe. :D

Another method I used was this:

At the same site you will find a large number of Engish-Thai words and Thai expressions that are in graphic format.

You can use a graphics capture utility (such as comes with a paint program like PaintShop Pro)

Capture the Thai words/sentences you need as graphics, then put them all togther

by pasting the graphics into your email program, or into MS Word.

I did this for a birthday card.

It said exactly what I wanted, plus a few more things like "I love you" etc etc.

I even added a "happy birthday" MIDI music file as well as a nice birthday card background.

I think it earned me a few brownie points. :o

hi agian everyone

i am here in england waiting to sort out paper work for my thia wife so we can do settelment visa application no 2 in august,

2,i would like to type in english ,but come up in thia,so i can send it to my wife,and earn some brownie points

Funny thing I'm reading this! I was in Thailand in February and brought a copy of Windows XP professional and I installed it on my computer when I got back to OZ,every thing started in Thai,even ICQ and MSN Messenger. I had to change all the Language settings back to English :o .

relatively cheap and hassle free.

http://www.thai2me.com

hi agian everyone

Funny thing I'm reading this! I was in Thailand in February and brought a copy of Windows XP professional and I installed it on my computer when I got back to OZ,every thing started in Thai,even ICQ and MSN Messenger. I had to change all the Language settings back to English :o .