Handicap Certificates

Moonfruit

Anybody got any idea how to get a handicap certificate when you are not a club member here?

I track my handicap using Thaigolfer.com's online handicap tracking gizmo, but i'm off to Spain next month and all the courses there will require proof of handicap.

Advice will be greatly received!

Well, one easy way is to start using Fairwayfiles.com (free) to track your scores; they allow you to print out a wallet card showing your handicap index, but not the detailed scoring that made up that index.

I use a handicap calculator that I bought online a few years ago that does create the list of scores that make up a handicap index. It is the customary form you see on most handicap cards issued by golf clubs. It shows the past 20 rounds with the top 10 rounds annotated with an asterisk. Unfortunately, this system is no longer sold in the form I have it in, but you can probably Google a similar system. They all generally cost money, but it is a one-time fee and in the $40 range.

Once you have the handicap created using a calculator system, and have created the detailed scoring data needed for a traditional wallet card, you can then simply create a 'generic golf club' wallet card--the front side that lists your name, 'club membership number', date of handicap index, and the computed handicap index; maybe toss in a slick logo too to make it look official. All it takes is a creative mind and PowerPoint. Good luck.