Monthly Rental In Bangkok?

Hi I am looking for some sensible advice please. I am going to Bangkok tomorrow and am currently in the process of sorting out employment which may or may not come to fruition.

Is there anyone on this forum who knows of a place where I can rent a room or apartment on a monthly basis for no more than 10k a month? Would prefer somewhere that comes equipped with TV, air con etc but am open to all suggestions. I am not 100% sure that the job will be to my liking so would do not want to have to sign up for any minimum rental period.

I know many guest houses around Khao san will drop prices for long term rentals but not sure if there are any remotely decent places for 300-400B a night, and not sure I want to stay there anyway.

Many thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
Take a look at Craig's List for Bangkok. There are usually places listed there that are available monthly and some look pretty nice with a good location.

CL is definitely worth a look. If you're into On Nut near the BTS, try KV Mansion on Sukhumvit 81. I think that they do under 10K for even 1 month rentals on their studios (though you still have to do a small deposit). It is extremely clean, there is super-fast free WIFI, and it has a mini-mart downstairs (and, laundry down the road).

MrRoomFinder is an ok place to have a look for rentals in Bangkok. Their website is: www.mrroomfinder.com

I would not look at mrroomfinder as it's aimed at foreigners and more costly.

The easiest thing is simply to walk around the area of town you want to live it and walk in into the apartments/condo to see if there's anything available. Grab a local Thai to go with you, you get better deal if you have a local with you.

Good Luck.