Where Is The "thai" Tawandang?

Lammbock

Hello Guys,

Well we all now the German Tawandang at Rama 3 and Ram Intra RD. But I know there is a THAI Tawandang somewhere in Bankok.

I went there 4-5 Years ago with my former Thai company where i was working. I don't remember where is it and how to get there???

Somebody can help me out?

Best Regards,

Both address's are listed here http://gotbangkok.com/2010/01/07/tawandang-german-brewery/

Enjoy man, I love that place :)

I think you understand me wrong. I know where is the German Tawandang.

I'm looking for the Thai Tawandang! Similar to the German Tawandang you have one Big Hall with Live Music many many tables good cold beer etc etc....

--------------

I have found it by my self. Its not the one i have been to but it is good as that.

http://www.afana.org/tawan.htm

Edited by Lammbock

Maybe you mean Country Place at Future Park, Rangsit.

Huge stage with live entertainment all night. They brew their own German beer on site, and serve food.

A good night out.

There are other Country Place bars, but I think this one is the largest.

I think you are referring to ISSAN TAWAN DAENG on Phattanakhan in Klong Tan. (Phetchabury Rd changes into Phattanarkhan at the intersection with Sukhumvit 71) It is about an B80 taxi ride from lower Sukhumvit. Outbound, the club is on the right side, a similar club specializing in pop music is on the other side of the street.

I've gone there many times in the past and have enjoyed the lively and very friendly atmosphere, the lovely dancers and the exuberant Mor Lam.

Unfortunately, the last time I went about a year ago, it seemed to have gone down hill. While it always attracted a mixed straight/gay crowd, it seems to have now tilted significantly to the gay side.

The corps of beautiful female dancers has been cut way down and now includes many ladyboys. Most of the singers are now male also rather than the 50/50 gender ratio of the past and of the few females singing, several were ladyboys.

The live band is also smaller and less exciting. Recorded music is played for long periods.

The food has never been special though not outrageously priced however this time it was really poor with very small portions.

We were a large group and found many unordered items, both food and liquor on our final checkbin. They refused to alter it and became quite unpleasant about it.

Almost the entire staff and many of the entertainers showed up at our table with their hands out when we were leaving, much more aggressively than any time before.

Not nearly as much fun as it used to be.

If you do go, things don't really start to cook until 10pm or so but if you want a good table, then show up by 9:30, 9 on weekends. Bring along some ear protection as the volume can be painfully loud.

There are always taxi's out front for when you leave.

There used to be a large one on Ratchadapisek called Brew Pavilion.... very close to where the Esplanade is now (but they knocked it down)...

Otherwise there used to be one called the Coliseum on Sukhumvit (Nr Ekammai) - I think that is no longer there...

Could one of those be the one you are thinking of ?

There used to be a large one on Ratchadapisek called Brew Pavilion.... very close to where the Esplanade is now (but they knocked it down)...

Otherwise there used to be one called the Coliseum on Sukhumvit (Nr Ekammai) - I think that is no longer there...

No no. It wasn't on Sukhumvit. That's for sure.

But anyhow those which was named here are very nice. Will check them out asap.

Thanks!

Coliseum was next to Thong Lo BTS. Was closed about 3 years ago and is now the site of a condo building.

I think you are referring to ISSAN TAWAN DAENG on Phattanakhan in Klong Tan. (Phetchabury Rd changes into Phattanarkhan at the intersection with Sukhumvit 71) It is about an B80 taxi ride from lower Sukhumvit. Outbound, the club is on the right side, a similar club specializing in pop music is on the other side of the street.

I've gone there many times in the past and have enjoyed the lively and very friendly atmosphere, the lovely dancers and the exuberant Mor Lam.

Unfortunately, the last time I went about a year ago, it seemed to have gone down hill. While it always attracted a mixed straight/gay crowd, it seems to have now tilted significantly to the gay side.

The corps of beautiful female dancers has been cut way down and now includes many ladyboys. Most of the singers are now male also rather than the 50/50 gender ratio of the past and of the few females singing, several were ladyboys.

The live band is also smaller and less exciting. Recorded music is played for long periods.

The food has never been special though not outrageously priced however this time it was really poor with very small portions.

We were a large group and found many unordered items, both food and liquor on our final checkbin. They refused to alter it and became quite unpleasant about it.

Almost the entire staff and many of the entertainers showed up at our table with their hands out when we were leaving, much more aggressively than any time before.

Not nearly as much fun as it used to be.

If you do go, things don't really start to cook until 10pm or so but if you want a good table, then show up by 9:30, 9 on weekends. Bring along some ear protection as the volume can be painfully loud.

There are always taxi's out front for when you leave.

Sounds like the place I visited 2 years ago.

The Isaan girls loved it.

I could've done without going there.

I've been to the Issan place a couple of times. It's interesting, but the music is a load of racket and I felt very self-conscious. One of the locals took an interest in a girl I was with and was acting in a malevolent way towards me..

The place over the road was better. Saw Carabao in there and it was only 80b to get in.