Buying Wide Shoes In Bkk

glbv

Long time reader first time poster.

Recently moved to Thailand and am in dire need of new lighter sports shoes, but the department stores I have checked have nothing that fits me width wise. Im about a 10 2-4E in the states.

If anyone has any recomendations as to were to look id be very greatful as wearing heavy black shoes isnt going to cut it at the gym.

You might check New Balance at Central World. Although I am angry at them because they no longer carry walking shoes, they do have many sports shoes in a wide width.

In terms of department stores, I found the clerks at Central (main store) more helpful than anywhere in terms of making a real effort to find me some shoes that fit...although in that case it wasn't sports shoes. The clerks at Paragon, on the other hand, were annoyed at me because after trying on 3 pairs I wouldn't just buy a pair that didn't fit.

Interested in this topic also as I am 10 EEE and for gym shoes 10 EEEE, I usually buy shoes in Singapore as some shops there stock Allen Edmonds or British or German brands.

Some years back not being able to get size 11 tennis shoes in Thailand, I bought a pair of 11's in Singapore . They were made in Thailand!