Thai Tv Channel Broadcasting News In English.

Disting

The one that disappeared suddenly about 6 months ago is back. That one was at midnight for about 20 minutes on MCOT, if I recall correctly.

But just recently I noticed Asean News - an English news programme on Truevisions Channel 99 (MCOT2) at 10pm. The lady news reader is the good one from the old MCOT channel, but tonight it's a bloke: Surasant Kongsirit - who speaks excellent English.

• 4 weeks later...

One of the big 3 Thai channels... I can't recall which one... broadcasts one of their daily pre-dinner hour newscasts in English language on the SAP (secondary audio channel).

It's a pretty low-tech approach... they have an English speaker translating what the anchors and reporters are saying in real time during the broadcast, with the English language audio at full levels, and the underlying Thai language audio dimmed down to maybe 10 or 20% in the background.

It's clearly not a word for word translation... more sort of a very broad general recap of what's being said... with a ton of UMMs and AHHHs... along the way.

I think it's Channel 3... But can anyone confirm the channel and what time/duration they do the English language simulcast???

I believe also, I sometimes see NBT running a digital text scroll of their news headlines across the bottom of their screen... not a translation of their news report...but a separate scroll of news headlines.