Mother Confronts Red Shirts For Her Child

Meridian007

I see so many people questioning the leadership ability of Abhisit, while he plays the waiting game with the reds. He has attempted to explain his perceived lack of action as compassion for his countrymen, because as he said, "We are all Thais".

Then I see the reds acting in disgusting ways as in this article:

Mother confronts red shirts for her child

30126540-01.jpg30126540-06.jpg

There were a couple of incidents yesterday when the redshirts marched on Silom and Charoenkrung roads, but neither of them turned serious.

At 2.40pm, a female motorist scared many redshirt demonstrators on Silom Road as she tried to break through their march with her pickup.

Many red shirts quickly surrounded her vehicle and battered it.

The driver then tried to explain that she had to rush her daughter to a hospital in the area. With many demonstrators surrounding the pickup, the little girl started crying.

Policemen, who were on guard on Silom Road, intervened and allowed the vehicle to move on safely.

Later, the red shirts marching on Charoenkrung Road had to face a booing crowd. More than 30 people gathered in front of the Bang Rak Market and scolded the demonstrators.

The locals also carried banners condemning the redshirt movement.

Both sides had a heated argument but there were no fights.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-07

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

They are beginning to show the dark side of their mob mentality, and the leaders are having an increasingly difficult time controlling them. I think it is time for the reds to stop being self absorbed jerks, and return to their peaceful rally at Phan Fa.

Edited by Meridian007

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, they are thugs.

Wow, you was quick on that one Jing, 64 seconds to get an anti Red message out.

The great majority are not thugs, perhaps you should try talking to some Reds one day?

And risk being beat up or worse? You are daft. Expressing opposition to a red shirt is asking for trouble. Even LOOKING at them the wrong is asking for trouble. They are brainwashed true believers. Pro red shirt people don't understand this basic fact. You don't confront their lies, no problem for you.

(BTW, I had ALREADY read this latest report of red shirt brutality previous to it being posted here, and that explains my quick response.)

Edited by Jingthing

No, they are thugs.

The great majority are not thugs, perhaps you should try talking to some Reds one day?

Yes i talked with a few, 98% dont even know what they are doing in Bangkok, one told me in Thai offcourse good food, some money, good music and many beautiful woman, so agree with Jingthing because 98% is the great majority and if you listening to them yes they are thugs.

No, they are thugs.

I agree the great majority are not thugs, as for trying to talk to them? about what? Their unwavering bring back Thaksin stance?

What else could you have a conversation about?

Thugs they might not be, on an intellectual level high enough to hold a decent conversation - doubtful!

"At 2.40pm, a female motorist scared many redshirt demonstrators on Silom Road as she tried to break through their march with her pickup. "

What did she expect?

The article is propaganda.

Where was this woman coming from and where was she headed?

How many hospitals did she actually pass before trying to break through their march with her pickup?

Agree with the above, one of the reasons I dont read this fine publication.

"At 2.40pm, a female motorist scared many redshirt demonstrators on Silom Road as she tried to break through their march with her pickup. "

What did she expect?

Maybe till the time she arrived at Silom road nothing, she needed to bring her daughter to the hospital.

Nothing els more important than that, and at that time when in a hurry you don't want some brainless red shirt stopping you from getting her there.

I dont think this is planned and used as propaganda.

The retroric is getting too strong, unless they start toning it down, they will lose control and there will be violence.

A repeat of last songkran is in the making.

Do'nt worry about the strong rhetoric,if it gets to heated the mods here will shut it down. :)

Edited by BLUEEYEDTHAI

What did she expect?

How many hospitals did she actually pass before trying to break through their march with her pickup?

I believe it was a set up. Jingthing fell for it within a minute.

Know what we call people like that? Sucker.

Most hospitals except Lerdsin and Bangkok Christian Hospital are expensive so a good reason to go there.

Someone who child in urgent need off assistant is wrong to be on a place where some red shirt blocking the way for her to reach te life saving help.

Reds not caring for other Thais?

Haven't the Yellow shirts already said that people from Esaarn are too stupid and uneducated to be given a vote? Don't they want 70% of government seats to be given to nominees of the professions?

Seems the accusation can be leveled at themselves.

Have talked top many red shirt supporters. Most don't give a toss about Thaksin. They are sick of being second class citizens whereby there is one rule for the elite and another for ordinary people.

Reds not caring for other Thais?

Haven't the Yellow shirts already said that people from Esaarn are too stupid and uneducated to be given a vote? Don't they want 70% of government seats to be given to nominees of the professions?

Seems the accusation can be leveled at themselves.

Have talked top many red shirt supporters. Most don't give a toss about Thaksin. They are sick of being second class citizens whereby there is one rule for the elite and another for ordinary people.

Were we talking about the yellow shirts? What they did was stupid and selfish as well, but it's not what we're talking about here. (as well as your assertion that this isn't about Thaksin, if you can't see that it is, as he is the power and money behind it, then you can't see what's truly going on.)

Which hospital this woman wanted to bring her child to is immaterial, why should she be meeting resistance from other Thais on-route to any hospital of her choosing? Do we know when or where her problem with her child arose? Should it matter?

The protestors are obviously not "doing this for the well-being of all Thais", it is merely a putsch to replace one set of elites with another, who happen to be good at manipulating the desperation of the poor. Disgraceful.

No, they are thugs.

And risk being beat up or worse? You are daft. Expressing opposition to a red shirt is asking for trouble. Even LOOKING at them the wrong is asking for trouble.

You're becoming hysterical and irrational now. Which is quite amusing really. I love a good forum meltdown. :)

What did she expect?

Maybe till the time she arrived at Silom road nothing, she needed to bring her daughter to the hospital.

Nothing els more important than that, and at that time when in a hurry you don't want some brainless red shirt stopping you from getting her there.

I dont think this is planned and used as propaganda.

I don't think it's planned as propaganda, but the emotive way it is reported is.

No, they are thugs.

And risk being beat up or worse? You are daft. Expressing opposition to a red shirt is asking for trouble. Even LOOKING at them the wrong is asking for trouble.

You're becoming hysterical and irrational now. Which is quite amusing really. I love a good forum meltdown. :)

Actually, he's not far off. I've walked around Phan Fa a few times since this all began, and even before this heated up with the movement downtown, there was a lot of tension in the crowd. I didn't smile, but I didn't scowl either, I kept a neutral look on my face. When the reds saw that I wasn't smiling at them, and openly supporting their movement, I got a lot more dirty looks and scowls. I can only imagine what the mentality is now that mob rule seems to be taking over, and the leaders are having a hard time keeping control.

No, they are thugs.

Agreed...

As you say, the great majority are not thugs. :D

But "Mob Mentality" makes a difference. :)

Aint it funny how Jing thing and me are on complete opposite sides of US politics but we both agree that red shirts are thugs?

I wouldn't say they're thugs, at least not the great majority of them. I would say they are a mob though, with all the negative connotations the word implies.

When the reds saw that I wasn't smiling at them, and openly supporting their movement, I got a lot more dirty looks and scowls.

Of course I can't call you a liar mate. How could I? I wasn't there. I just called one of my acquaintances in BKK who did the same thing as your good self to see if he experienced the same and he said he was completely ignored apart from a couple of the usual " Farang!" cat calls.

Aint it funny how Jing thing and me are on complete opposite sides of US politics but we both agree that red shirts are thugs?

That's interesting. So far I am fascinated that MOSTLY the American Obama supporters hate the red shirts and the right wing tea bagger Obama bashers love the red shirts. I doesn't make a lot of intuitive sense from an American right vs. left perspective, but remember totally different countries at totally different points in their history. (For example, during the American civil war I would have been a Lincoln loving republican, ha ha).

That's interesting. So far I am fascinated that MOSTLY the American Obama supporters hate the red shirts and the right wing tea bagger Obama bashers love the red shirts. I doesn't make a lot of intuitive sense from an American right vs. left perspective, but remember totally different countries at totally different points in their history. (For example, during the American civil war I would have been a Lincoln loving republican, ha ha).

It's important to remember that EVERY political party in Thailand, with the exception of the communists (who are just along for the ride here) is to the right of center.

Edited by lannarebirth

sarah-palin-thumb.jpg

If it were my wife and son and me in the pickup taking my son to hospital and some red/yellow/ black/green or any other shirt colour tried to stop us I am 100% certain that my wife would not be so polite and neither would I.

If my wife explained what the problem was and some red/yellow/ black/green or any other shirt colour would not let us through I suspect that my wife would run him/ her / them over and throw them into the pickup to take to hospital as well.

Our son is far more important than any red/yellow/ black/green or any other shirt colour to us.