Mother Confronts Red Shirts For Her Child

Meridian007

If it were my wife and son and me in the pickup taking my son to hospital and some red/yellow/ black/green or any other shirt colour tried to stop us I am 100% certain that my wife would not be so polite and neither would I.

If my wife explained what the problem was and some red/yellow/ black/green or any other shirt colour would not let us through I suspect that my wife would run him/ her / them over and throw them into the pickup to take to hospital as well.

Our son is far more important than any red/yellow/ black/green or any other shirt colour to us.

Hmmmm I expect your wife would be beaten to death and the vehicle flipped over. No one in their right mind tries to drive through 1000's of protesters.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recall on my way to work when the coup was staged there was a tank pointed at the windshield of my car, to me that spells thug. The legal and legitimate government of Thailand was overthrown and taken by gun point, all members of parliament were ousted. Although there was valid election held a year later the "red shirts" won and the "yellow shirts" found a reason to oust them from office and take over once again. I would suggest doing a little reading about what's going on before getting your panties in a bunch. If this happened in my country I certainly would show up at the White House covered by the second amendment (right to keep and bear arms) no matter who the current president was. If you take my country by force we will retaliate to preserve democracy, I would hope you feel the same way about your country.

No, they are thugs.

Wow, you was quick on that one Jing, 64 seconds to get an anti Red message out.

The great majority are not thugs, perhaps you should try talking to some Reds one day?

And risk being beat up or worse?

You're joking, right?

My daughter has been in Bangkok streets for the past few days and took thousands of pictures without any problems.

Here are the thugs you're talking about, yesterday next to MBK...

4497048806_af43c10747.jpg

4497048802_30bd2fe51c.jpg

4497048830_a4ed43241f.jpg

Edited by eurasianthai

Aint it funny how Jing thing and me are on complete opposite sides of US politics but we both agree that red shirts are thugs?

That's interesting. So far I am fascinated that MOSTLY the American Obama supporters hate the red shirts and the right wing tea bagger Obama bashers love the red shirts. I doesn't make a lot of intuitive sense from an American right vs. left perspective, but remember totally different countries at totally different points in their history. (For example, during the American civil war I would have been a Lincoln loving republican, ha ha).

sarah-palin-thumb.jpg

1688195151_31380464001_vs-31368164001.jpg

You're joking, right?

My daughter has been in Bangkok streets for the past few days and took thousands of pictures without any problems.

Here are the thugs you're talking about, yesterday next to MBK...

4497048806_af43c10747.jpg

4497048802_30bd2fe51c.jpg

4497048830_a4ed43241f.jpg

Just curious. As you have family involved and obviously they support the disruption, annoyance and division the Reds shirts are causing, what exactly are you/ they trying to acheive? or what exactly do you/ they think you are protesting for?

I've seen many causes worth fighting for over the centuries.

As far as I can see though, the Red shirts haven't really expressed many demands apart from dissolve parliament, and bring back a certain convicted criminal.

The saddest thing about the Red shirt protest is that their leaders don't actually give a sh*t about their "own people" that they are manipulating, exploiting and abusing just as much as anyone else. Seems that they simply treat them like buffaloes in feeding them a little extra forage.

I would love to see the poor and exploited people in Thailand have a real voice. Unfortunately that isn't what's happening.

To be honest your photos also bring out another angle that worries me, and that's that many people see this as fun. Not unlike that idiot yellow shirt leader/ politician from the airport I might add :)

Edited by fletchsmile

Actually the leaders of the "red shirts" are members of the legitimate government that were forced out by gun point. The "certain convicted criminal" was never even offered a day in court rather convicted before the court date as well as sentenced which is why the Western countries will not extradite him. As far as what the "red shirts" actually want is a free election and the "yellow shirts" to stop making coups when they don't like the result. The "red shirts" want freedom and democracy and although they may be blocking a few streets they are not the ones making coups and shutting down international airports nor are they the ones that looted the vaults at parliament and the capitol buildings. Personally it's not my business but the comments made here are as truthful and accurate as FOX News, you would be better off trying to find the truth in MAD Magazine. As far as the right wing tea baggers and Sarah Palin go I doubt they could find Thailand on a map.

Just curious. As you have family involved and obviously they support the disruption

What makes you think so?

My Thai family does not like the red shirts, not for any political reason, but for the disruption only.

Not really mature politically and democratically, not their fault actually, Thailand is still a young democracy.

Are you Thai?

No, they are thugs.

Wow, you was quick on that one Jing, 64 seconds to get an anti Red message out.

The great majority are not thugs, perhaps you should try talking to some Reds one day?

That's a bit of the mis-conception. Not that the majority of the reds are nice people, they are of course, but that the reds are in majority. Are they really?

I drove up to Mae Hong Son 10 days ago, I bought a kite for my daughter in Chai Nat I think it was. The seller was wearing yellow and I asked him - No, few reds around here. I stopped for food close to Kamphaeng Phet and the small restaurant had Thai and yellow flags out. I asked the owner and her words were - Some but not that many here, more further north. I went to Chantaburi and Trad in the beginning of March and found very little red. The south are very firmly yellow and hate Taksin. The sales uniform the company I work for has a bit of red in it and the sales department report that most whole salers in the North-East that the company contact are Not red. Some even ask - You are not red are you? Then we won't buy from you.

It doesn't look like the reds have overall majority in Thailand to me... quite the opposite actually.

Actually the leaders of the "red shirts" are members of the legitimate government that were forced out by gun point. The "certain convicted criminal" was never even offered a day in court rather convicted before the court date as well as sentenced which is why the Western countries will not extradite him.

Lies does not help your case.

The government thrown out was not a government, it was only Thaksin being a 'caretaker PM' on overtime. Something that itself was making him illegitimate in his position.

Thaksin was offered many days in court and he showed up. Until his bribes was caught (cage-gate) and he decided to do a runner.

Actually the leaders of the "red shirts" are members of the legitimate government that were forced out by gun point. The "certain convicted criminal" was never even offered a day in court rather convicted before the court date as well as sentenced which is why the Western countries will not extradite him. As far as what the "red shirts" actually want is a free election and the "yellow shirts" to stop making coups when they don't like the result. The "red shirts" want freedom and democracy and although they may be blocking a few streets they are not the ones making coups and shutting down international airports nor are they the ones that looted the vaults at parliament and the capitol buildings. Personally it's not my business but the comments made here are as truthful and accurate as FOX News, you would be better off trying to find the truth in MAD Magazine. As far as the right wing tea baggers and Sarah Palin go I doubt they could find Thailand on a map.

I assume the comments you've made here are the ones you're talking about? You've been watching too much red-tv I think. All of your assertions have been addressed ad-nauseum on this forum, I'd suggest that you search before stating things that have already been dis-proven many times.

Well when a truck comes barreling into a protest - first reaction is going to be this lady is trying to run me over. I am sure if she explained her situation prior to trying to run the crowd over - they would have given way.

That's not what I saw at Ratchada on Tuesday. A red pickup wanted to pass a red light on red and the motorcycle waiting for green didn't want to drive out into incoming traffic to let him and pointed at the red light instead. Bad mistake. A couple of reds shouted and screamed khwai (buffalo) at him and when they came toward him, he lost his nerve and opened the throttle and turned around speeding away the same way he came from. Any red who feels ashamed reading that?

I see a very clear message from the reds - intimidation. Not from all of course but that is a pityful discussion as the intent with the action doesn't change

Same as the grenades - always placed so that they (hopefully) won't kill or hurt anyone

If it were my wife and son and me in the pickup taking my son to hospital and some red/yellow/ black/green or any other shirt colour tried to stop us I am 100% certain that my wife would not be so polite and neither would I.

If my wife explained what the problem was and some red/yellow/ black/green or any other shirt colour would not let us through I suspect that my wife would run him/ her / them over and throw them into the pickup to take to hospital as well.

Our son is far more important than any red/yellow/ black/green or any other shirt colour to us.

Hmmmm I expect your wife would be beaten to death and the vehicle flipped over. No one in their right mind tries to drive through 1000's of protesters.

From what I saw on Ratchada on Tuesday, even driving over one could cause the action you describe. Let's hope it doesn't happen

Well when a truck comes barreling into a protest - first reaction is going to be this lady is trying to run me over. I am sure if she explained her situation prior to trying to run the crowd over - they would have given way.

Whilst I agree with what you are saying, it is of course a little bit hard to talk to a protesting mob of people, what do you say, 'excuse me' a thousand times until your past everyone?

Mobs are mobs, the colour of their shirt makes little difference :)

Whilst I agree with what you are saying, it is of course a little bit hard to talk to a protesting mob of people, what do you say, 'excuse me' a thousand times until your past everyone?

Mobs are mobs, the colour of their shirt makes little difference :)

No need just rent my car :Dnntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 14.000 w speaker car

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

post-95869-1270708165_thumb.jpg

The woman seems like she's just lying to further an agenda. And she's highly irresponsible towards her child.

As for the story though, you'd expect that kind of propaganda from .. ... this erm.. news source .

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Actually the leaders of the "red shirts" are members of the legitimate government that were forced out by gun point. The "certain convicted criminal" was never even offered a day in court rather convicted before the court date as well as sentenced which is why the Western countries will not extradite him.

Lies does not help your case.

The government thrown out was not a government, it was only Thaksin being a 'caretaker PM' on overtime. Something that itself was making him illegitimate in his position.

Thaksin was offered many days in court and he showed up. Until his bribes was caught (cage-gate) and he decided to do a runner.

Adding more lies is not a way to address lies.

You know very well (or you should, anyway) that the "Democrat" party helped force a military coup through boycotting the elections. That, and only that, caused Thaksin to be on overtime. Mr. Thaksin after all did the honorable thing to call elections in the first place.

(Now wait, someone is going to quote that last bit above, put a :) smiley under it and think that constitutes a reasoned reply. Wait for it. :D )

The woman seems like a lying bitch to me. And highly irresponsible towards her child.

Thats an amazing power you have khwai, how on earth did you arrive at this determination? :)

He suspects she doesn't support the Reds and therefor she must be a 'bitch' (sic) and 'highly irresponsible towards her child', possibly an unfit mother...

Red Democracy and love in action.

On second thought, I think my issue is with The Nation, not so much about an incident none of us know any background of. I edited that post already.

now whinnie, you only have to go and amend the other couple of thousand of inane coments you've made :):D

Edited by neverdie

Why the need for a personal attack, Neverdie?

(But feel free to dig one up if you can find one. I try to abide by the forum rules, which by the way include 'no personal attacks' and flaming. :D )

I'll never understand the need to make things personal when all that's happening is a discussion on politics. Maybe in your dictionary anyone who disagrees with you is 'inane'? :)

(But feel free to dig one up if you can find one. I try to abide by the forum rules, which by the way include 'no personal attacks' and flaming. :D )

I'll never understand the need to make things personal when all that's happening is a discussion on politics. Maybe in your dictionary anyone who disagrees with you is 'inane'? :D

Actually, there was no personal attack in it, just a slight dig @ the speed you modified that last post.

see, i just did it myself :D

:):D:D

Edited by neverdie

No, they are thugs
these violent criminals

On the contrary I believe the Reds have been remarkably peaceful. How often do you seen tens of thousands of political protesters gather without any serious rioting going on? (think: Poll Tax Riots, Criminal Justice Bill, Athens, G20 etc etc etc) Although for how long this continues remains to be seen....

Although there was valid election held a year later the "red shirts" won and the "yellow shirts" found a reason to oust them from office and take over once again. I would suggest doing a little reading about what's going on before getting your panties in a bunch.

Perhaps it's you who needs to do the reading. Neither the red nor the yellow shirts won the last election, hence why a coalition government had to be formed.

No, they are thugs
these violent criminals

On the contrary I believe the Reds have been remarkably peaceful. How often do you seen tens of thousands of political protesters gather without any serious rioting going on? (think: Poll Tax Riots, Criminal Justice Bill, Athens, G20 etc etc etc) Although for how long this continues remains to be seen....

Absolutely! And from some of the posts here you get the feeling that many on this forum can't wait for it to get violent. Unbelievable; peaceful political protest is a basic human right under the constitution, you'd think 'educated foreigners' would know that!

I'll never understand the need to make things personal when all that's happening is a discussion on politics. Maybe in your dictionary anyone who disagrees with you is 'inane'? :D

Actually, there was no personal attack in it, just a slight dig @ the speed you modified that last post.

see, i just did it myself :D

:):D:D

Alright, fair enough. :D

I actually stopped reading the News Clippings forum because absolutely every post there is political bickering and flaming. Now we see the General forum taken over with this as well.

I think it'd be a good idea to have a separate 'politics' forum (or leave the News Clippings forum for that), and then make a rule to not have political topics in General.