Mae Sai Greenline Bus From Arcade Station

StevieH

As far as I know, any of the clerks at the windows for the Green Bus Company will sell you tickets for the 24 seat VIP bus to Maesai. I'm certain that I have purchased tickets from the window at the far left as well as the one in the center. I don't think it makes a difference. Just get there 48 hours in advance to be assured of a seat on the VIP bus since they fill up fast.

thanks for that, ended up getting a vip ticket but leaving on saturday afternoon, returning sunday morning. night in mae sai it is. cheers.

and on that subject, can anyone recommend a nice place to stay in mae sai please? ideally with aircon and wifi?

Edited by StevieH

• 1 month later...

Bus:

VIP24, and yes, the very left window.

This bus has VIP seats in the front of the bus and 1st class seats in the back. Make a reservation on time.

Boarder fee:

10USD or 500 baht.

Sometimes they play with you by saying they only accept baht. Just smile friendly and say "Yes, can..." Or that you want to shop.

Changing money in Mae Sai:

Banks have no USD in stock, merchants ask 600 baht for 10 USD :)

There is 1 money changer who has USD. With your back to the border, it is about 150 m from the border on the right side (across Kasikorn bank)

Bus:

VIP24, and yes, the very left window.

This bus has VIP seats in the front of the bus and 1st class seats in the back. Make a reservation on time.

Boarder fee:

10USD or 500 baht.

Sometimes they play with you by saying they only accept baht. Just smile friendly and say "Yes, can..." Or that you want to shop.

Changing money in Mae Sai:

Banks have no USD in stock, merchants ask 600 baht for 10 USD :)

There is 1 money changer who has USD. With your back to the border, it is about 150 m from the border on the right side (across Kasikorn bank)

Rate: 350 baht