Chiang Mai Immigration Requires Income Statemement From Company

I have not heard about this before, so thought I'd post and perhaps save others an extra trip to the immigration

office.

Yesterday I was at the Chiang Mai immigration offices, with what I thought was all the papers required

for my first one year non-imm-o extension based on marriage, including a statement from

my embassy that my salary, in my western country, fulfilled the salary requirements by

immigration here in Thailand.

To my surprise, the statement from the embassy was however not enough. I also needed

a similar statement from the company I am employed by in my western country.

I tried to query her about it, and she said that was the regulations, and showed

me where it was written.

Don't know if this is a Chiang Mai-only thing, but I have not heard about it

before.

Not unheard of, incase of certain countries. The US doesn't check and just make you swear a statement regarding your income. In those cases it is not unknown that immigration wants further proof of your income. For embasies that do actually check your income with tax papers it is much more rare to be asked for this.

So the question is, what is your nationality.

Not unheard of, incase of certain countries. The US doesn't check and just make you swear a statement regarding your income. In those cases it is not unknown that immigration wants further proof of your income. For embasies that do actually check your income with tax papers it is much more rare to be asked for this.

So the question is, what is your nationality.

I`m from Northern Europe, and had to show proof of my income to the embassy, including last years tax receipt and last three months

payslips. I.e. I am not from one of the countries where the embassy staff will trust you on your word in this matter, as e.g. USA seems to be.