Observations About Thailand

mr bilko

Last week I amazed some members of the family by syphoning water from one tank to another.

They thought that this was great, so asked if I could also do it to the other tank which is at a higher level and couldn't understand that you can only syphon downhill..

You knew it just because you were stealing gasoline when teenager isn't it???? :D

That's sure how I learned, and I didn't actually own 'my' car, either. :o

VW vans and pickups were the easiest to siphon...

And pre-1968 chevys were the easiest to borrow... :D

Edited by Ajarn

In an accident, the passengers will all fall forward landing on the protected driver so he will cushion their blow.  :o

So who protects the passenger who sits in front of the driver?

If it is the strict rule of the law that all passengers on a motorcycle must wear helmets, what about the 20 plus folk in the back of a pick-up?

:D

If I've posted this before, I apologise already.

ahhh... the wee ones (who usually are the ones sitting (or standing :D ) in front) are protected when the driver curls up in a ball around them as he goes flying over the handlebars, protected by his thin plastic-covered, styrofoam helmet, whilst protecting the rear unhelmeted passengers with his body. :D:D

and yes... so many pick-ups riders are even more vulnerable given the much faster speeds of the trucks.

Observations of a ferrang in thailand.

Why is the 7-11 franchise so called, they are open 24/7.

The company's first convenience outlets were known as Tote'm stores since customers "toted" away their purchases.

In 1946, Tote'm became 7-Eleven to reflect the stores' new, extended hours - 7 a.m. until 11 p.m., seven days a week.

July 11 (7/11) is the official birthday of the 7-Eleven® convenience store chain.

More useless info you didn't need to know (and having learnt this, you will now forget something that was more imortant !)

Oh yeah, 7-Eleven has a lot of franchises in Thailand (hahah, now you are going to forget something else that was important !)

Haha!

I have to admit I find myself doing this a lot. Even to my friends and family when I visit home!

//snip - quoted post removed

This is more of an observations about farang in Thailand - why do many farang speak that weird form of english to Thais, eg. Where you come from? - and then wonder why Thais can't speak english properly.