Advice On Water Pump

We have recently moved to a new house and purchased a 250 watt Fujika pump which is fine for the house but inadequate for the garden. It doesn't produce enough force to feed our two 25 metre hoses. Thinking about replacing it. Any advice on what specifications I need to look for? Is there an alternative to upgrading the pump? (Apart from concreting the garden!) Thanks

Edited by pj123

Do you run the two hoses together?

I have a Mitsubushi pump but am unsure of the model number and power, but it is one of the bigger models, about 18 inch diameter and 2 ft high. Of course the plate is all in Thai but I think it is 250 W too.

It can feed 2 sprinklers but not really more. My hoses work OK one at a time though.

Are you sure the hose connections are on the high pressure side and not connected to the incoming utility line, sometimes they are!

Then you might be looking at issues like undersized piping or hose.

Since you say 'new' house I hope all the lines are clear as they soon fill up with crud.

Take the hose pipe off the tap, open the tap fully and see if you get a good flow with fair pressure and the pump runs often or continuously.

Edited by jacko45k

Do you run the two hoses together?

I have a Mitsubushi pump but am unsure of the model number and power, but it is one of the bigger models, about 18 inch diameter and 2 ft high. Of course the plate is all in Thai but I think it is 250 W too.

It can feed 2 sprinklers but not really more. My hoses work OK one at a time though.

Are you sure the hose connections are on the high pressure side and not connected to the incoming utility line, sometimes they are!

Then you might be looking at issues like undersized piping or hose.

Since you say 'new' house I hope all the lines are clear as they soon fill up with crud.

Take the hose pipe off the tap, open the tap fully and see if you get a good flow with fair pressure and the pump runs often or continuously.

We do run the two hoses at the same time.

Both are on the high pressure side.

There is very good flow at the tap.

Thanks