Family Visa To Uk

Hello all.

Can anyone help pls

My sister in law wants to visit her sister here in the UK so we wish to apply for a family visa but cant find any details from the British Embassy Bangkok website, costs, restrictions application form etc.

Does anyone know where I could possibly find details as I thought that the Brithish Embassy website would have it all, either it doesn't or Im looking in the wrong place.

If you could please assist it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

This is the site she needs to start from, there is actually a link from the UK Embassy site http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/ and specifically this form should be used, she can do it on line http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/VAF1B

Have a read and then come back if either of you have any specific questions. Basically she has to prove that the visit is genuine and affordable and that she will return home at the end of the trip and is not just wanting to join her sister in the west.

This is the site she needs to start from, there is actually a link from the UK Embassy site http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/

Indeed, and to be frank, it's not difficult to find; click on 'Visiting the UK' on the embassy home page and then click on 'Visas.'

As well as the information on the VAC website theoldgit has linked to, you may find Guidance - Visitors (INF 2) and Guidance - Sponsors (INF 3) helpful.

This is the site she needs to start from, there is actually a link from the UK Embassy site http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/ and specifically this form should be used, she can do it on line http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/VAF1B

Have a read and then come back if either of you have any specific questions. Basically she has to prove that the visit is genuine and affordable and that she will return home at the end of the trip and is not just wanting to join her sister in the west.

How an earth do you prove that she wants to return????

I'll explain the situation and I am hoping that someone can advise on how to prove this.

Basically my sister in law has just graduated from uni and is due to go to the Graduation ceremony in December. During this time she would like to visit her sister in the uk for a while. She is not looking for a job in the meantime beacause if she gets the visa then she will have to leave shortly after. But how do you prove that she will return in December and the start job seeking. Seems like an awkard one

How an earth do you prove that she wants to return????

I'll explain the situation and I am hoping that someone can advise on how to prove this.

Basically my sister in law has just graduated from uni and is due to go to the Graduation ceremony in December. During this time she would like to visit her sister in the uk for a while. She is not looking for a job in the meantime beacause if she gets the visa then she will have to leave shortly after. But how do you prove that she will return in December and the start job seeking. Seems like an awkard one

You can never prove that you will return, but when applying for a visa she must convince the ECO that on the balance of probabilities she is likely to return. She needs to be truthful and outline her plans for the future, but as I say it's the ECO who needs to be convinced, not anyone on this forum. The norm would be a job, property or other compelling ties, but each case will be judged on it's merit. Of course it's quite normal for westerners to have a gap year but I am not sure that most Thais do this.

As theoldgit says, obviously proving beyond any shadow of doubt that a visitor will return is impossible.

However, you don't have to do this. What you have to do is show that on the balance of probabilities she will return to Thailand, or at least leave the UK, at the end of her visit.

1) Show she is a genuine visitor with a genuine reason to visit. As she is visiting her sister, this should be simple. Provide evidence of contact with her; phone bills etc. Say why she is visiting at this time.

2) Show she has ties to Thailand and a reason to return. Explain in your sponsor's letter about her needing to return for her graduation ceremony. Provide evidence of when this ceremony is, if you have it. Also evidence that she has been attending university and has now finished her course will help. Explain why she has not yet started a job search, and show what plans she has for doing so when she returns.

3) If she owns any property or has other assets in Thailand, provide evidence of this.

See also the supporting document checklist.

Hello all.

Thanks for all your help.

We are in the middle of completing the family visitors visa and one question asks when di you last see your relative.

I am rather concerned that my wife has recently visited Thailand on holiday and this might go against the application as she would have recently seen her sister.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.......slippery

Thanks a million.

I was just fearful that they might say that as she had recently seen her sister there was no justification to visit the UK to see her again in such a short time.

question1 )I was just wondering in that case would it be acceptable for my wife to fly over to help her sister with the visa application and also they can fly back together?

question2 As a falang and sponsor I am aware of the documents that I need to sponsor her visit etc but not quite sure what documents my wife will need to supply. I was wondering would our marriage certificate be suffice or would she need more documents, Passport etc?

Many thanks slippery

1) Perfectly acceptable.

2) below are the supporting documents we submitted when my sister in law successfully applied in December 2008.

Photocopy Thai ID card, (sister in law)

Previous passport, (sister in law)

Divorce certificate, (sister in law)

Thai Military Bank passbook for (sister in law) showing current balance.

Photocopy of (wife) Thai passport showing entries to and exits from Thailand.

Photocopy of (me) British passport showing entries to and exits from Thailand.

Photocopy of bio data page of (wife) British passport showing her status as a British citizen.

Photocopy of the bio data pages of (daughter) Thai and British passports, showing her status as a dual Thai British citizen.

Nationwide Building Society statements May to November 2008, (mine, wife's and joint) showing available funds and monies sent to (sister in law).

Pay slips from (me) employer for last 6 weeks. (I'm paid weekly)

Pay slips from (wife) employers for last 3 months. (She's paid monthly)

Letter from (landlord) giving permission for (sister in law) to reside at (address) during her visit.

Phone bill. (wife) phones her sister using a low cost access number, 0844 2009898. BT has stopped issuing itemised bills and these calls are included in‘other calls’.

Hope this helps.