Bangkok: 10+ Dead, Hundreds Hurt In Bangkok Clashes

webfact

Watching news this morning it seemed the army managed to teargas itself again?

Sad thing for Abhisit is that he did appear to have the qualities to be PM. Just not at this stage.

Had he backed down and bowed out earlier, he would undoutedly have bounced back in later years and had a chance to legally occupy the office.

If the Army and Police injured 700 plus protesters and then had to give ground to them (which they did) there is much stronger support for the reds that reported in the Yellow media.

Also well said, and very true !! he could have bounced back in years to come.

But he is not the decision maker, he is a puppet for the Elite and Military.

And in a democracyyou dont shut down the oppositions TV /Radio stations,,, freedom of speech..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nation hasn't reported it yet, but that other newspaper has. Now there are around 1000 reds at Thaicom, and more are streaming in. TNN is covering it and a phone-in report confirms that.

Led by five Phua Thai MPs, they are beginning to face off with the police now.

You havent replied on shutting down the TV station which started the

violence

Where have you travelled lately ? Somalia , Uganda or Sudan ?

Which democratic governement sends armed soldier with live ammo against

civilians . They send police with tear gas , sound projector , water canon .

Takes a bit longer but usually no deads .

If the governement cant train properly his police in crowd control

they have no one to blame but themselves

But then you are right in one thing ,Abhisit governement dont answer to the people

he is illegitimate , so what for bother ...

Yes. They did all those things first. Then they were attacked with spears, chairs, bottles, firebombs, guns, and grenades. And they reacted.

The reds shot the army with live ammunition first ?

Your source please

What bomb , oh yes those grenade that explose here and there

without ever causing any injuries

do you have a source yourself proving otherwise? Where you there?

Were you ?

I did not make any statement beyong saying that a responsible

governement dont send army with live ammunition against a civilian crowd

The Nation hasn't reported it yet, but that other newspaper has. Now there are around 1000 reds at Thaicom, and more are streaming in. TNN is covering it and a phone-in report confirms that.

About time the PT step in .

"Thaksin would like the red-shirts to use their own discretion whether they want to carry on fighting or end the protest," the opposition Puea Thai Party MP said.

from Bangkok post website

Looks like Thaksin is washing his hands of any responsibility. Now it is the Reds own fault if they stay. That's the kind of leader he is.

Coward The Great.

Sad thing for Abhisit is that he did appear to have the qualities to be PM. Just not at this stage.

Had he backed down and bowed out earlier, he would undoutedly have bounced back in later years and had a chance to legally occupy the office.

If the Army and Police injured 700 plus protesters and then had to give ground to them (which they did) there is much stronger support for the reds that reported in the Yellow media.

And in a democracyyou dont shut down the oppositions TV /Radio stations,,, freedom of speech..

Freedom of speech is fine if people use it responsibly. If they use it to spread hate, lies, and to incite violence it should be limited. In a time of national emergency, which was provoked by the reds, usual freedoms of speech and assembly are suspended until law and order can be achieved. If I used this forum to spew racist bigotry against any Thai ethnic group I think you would find my freedom of speech censored. Maybe some of the TV stations are biased toward the yellow side, but they aren't the ones on the street fighting the police. If they were their freedoms would also be limited. Free speech should be a responsibility not a right. If it can't be used in a civilized way you haven't earned it.

Forget it 'moresomekl' .. Thai Visa posters have elevated themselves to the 'elite' section of Thai society, spurred on by the 'Independent' media... as such they feel them must defend the status quo by any means necessary... JA! VE MUST HAV ORDER!

post-50139-1270964957_thumb.jpg

Edited by whiterussian

Freedom of speech is fine if people use it responsibly. If they use it to spread hate, lies, and to incite violence it should be limited. In a time of national emergency, which was provoked by the reds, usual freedoms of speech and assembly are suspended until law and order can be achieved. If I used this forum to spew racist bigotry against any Thai ethnic group I think you would find my freedom of speech censored. Maybe some of the TV stations are biased toward the yellow side, but they aren't the ones on the street fighting the police. If they were their freedoms would also be limited. Free speech should be a responsibility not a right. If it can't be used in a civilized way you haven't earned it.

What is the PAD station doing ? Inciting hate and spitting lies . hel_l those yellow clowns dont even believe in democracy in the first place .

Give us a break will you

The solution as i said before was very simple . If you are the PM and yu can not negociate or stop a protest except by using live ammunition then you simply RESIGN . There is no shame in that at all . Abhisit is very very much disliked in the country side FYI , he is a golden boy with a pretty face acting as a lap dog to those who are responsible for the misery of the Isaan ppl (3000 baths per month , familly of 4 , try to live on that) and moreover he stole their vote . Had he resigned he would have triggered a political crisis followed by a move by the whole political class to form a governement of national unity and they stood a very good chance to have negociated with the reds . No need elections in 15 days for that .

It would be irresponsible to resign until the city has been cleared of violent protesters. After that he probably will. It may even be part of the negotiations. However, until the redshirts are willing to negotiate, and the result of that negotiation is the cessation of all demonstrations, the PM cannot step down.

It became somewhat violent when Abhisit tried to shut down the TV station

but no deads or serious injury which proves that police can prevail without

lethal force .

Sorry the PM should step down by now , he is responsible for the blood shed

Can you actually smell the foul stench that your constantly spewing onto this thread? Do you think you could give it a rest for a while?

Forget it 'moresomekl' .. Thai Visa posters have elevated themselves to the 'elite' section of Thai society, spurred on by the 'Independent' media... as such they feel them must defend the status quo by any means necessary... JA! VE MUST HAV ORDER!

post-50139-1270964957_thumb.jpg

I am afraid you are right , next time who can say it wont be tanks and flame throwers .

Like I said the PAD stations may be biased, but it isn't Yellow shirts killing soldiers in the streets of Bangkok, it is REDS. Violently overthrowing the government isn't the democratic way to change things. The way that democracy is being used at the moment I'm not sure why anyone would believe in democracy anyway. It doesn't seem to work particularly well.

These protests aren't like the ones we have in europe, protesters are more heavily armed this is why live ammo is needed from other protests red and yellow we have seen people with guns.

If the protesters had sat down no weapons and then let the army move them they could have scored some points but instead they choice violence.

The solution as i said before was very simple . If you are the PM and yu can not negociate or stop a protest except by using live ammunition then you simply RESIGN . There is no shame in that at all . Abhisit is very very much disliked in the country side FYI , he is a golden boy with a pretty face acting as a lap dog to those who are responsible for the misery of the Isaan ppl (3000 baths per month , familly of 4 , try to live on that) and moreover he stole their vote . Had he resigned he would have triggered a political crisis followed by a move by the whole political class to form a governement of national unity and they stood a very good chance to have negociated with the reds . No need elections in 15 days for that .

It would be irresponsible to resign until the city has been cleared of violent protesters. After that he probably will. It may even be part of the negotiations. However, until the redshirts are willing to negotiate, and the result of that negotiation is the cessation of all demonstrations, the PM cannot step down.

It became somewhat violent when Abhisit tried to shut down the TV station

but no deads or serious injury which proves that police can prevail without

lethal force .

Can you actually smell the foul stench that your constantly spewing onto this thread? Do you think you could give it a rest for a while?

Unlike many here with their statements like , kill em all , they deserve it , am not fanning the flames . But perhaps you prefer parrots who repeat the same mantra . Am sorry if i disturb you

Like I said the PAD stations may be biased, but it isn't Yellow shirts killing soldiers in the streets of Bangkok, it is REDS. Violently overthrowing the government isn't the democratic way to change things. The way that democracy is being used at the moment I'm not sure why anyone would believe in democracy anyway. It doesn't seem to work particularly well.

They were no deaths at all when the governement tried to shut down the red TV satelite uplink .

Yur timing is wrong

These protests aren't like the ones we have in europe, protesters are more heavily armed this is why live ammo is needed from other protests red and yellow we have seen people with guns.

If the protesters had sat down no weapons and then let the army move them they could have scored some points but instead they choice violence.

Seems like the reds did not read the definition of "peaceful protest" before blurting it all around. But in the end say "peaceful protest" often enough must count for something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJt8K8Scalk...feature=channel

Red shirt international spokesman Sean Boonpracong being interviewd on al jazzera says soldiers being held hostage are really reds at heart.

LOL.

Both sides seemed divorced from reality.

The red spokesman dancing around the fact that they are holding soldiers captive and the government spokesman denying any knowledge of use of live ammunition.

Unlike many here with their statements like , kill em all , they deserve it , am not fanning the flames . But perhaps you prefer parrots who repeat the same mantra . Am sorry if i disturb you

It disturbs me that you make reference to these two statements in a response to me, especially since I am the sort of person that has always posted for a peaceful resolution to the situation, other than that, you don't disturb me but your constant political rubbish that you sprout every 2nd or 3rd line is getting very boring. You've made your political point how MANY TIMES are you going to repeat it?

If the PM resigned now who would take the job. Would you rather have Suthep? Someone has to fill the job until new elections can be organized, and that will take time. If the PM quits now his replacement will also be tainted by this situation and will have little chance of surviving the next election. Negotiations should be held if they can find a red leader who isn't wanted by the police. Let the people go home for Songkran, further loss of life is all that will come from prolonging the protests. They have made their point, now if they want to be part of the solution move on.

Heard that. This guy is a wind-up merchant with his head in a dark, dank place.

These protests aren't like the ones we have in europe, protesters are more heavily armed (here) this is why live ammo is needed from other protests red and yellow we have seen people with guns.

It's particularly scary thought to think that if the protesters get their way, their current leaders will be the ones at Thailand's helm. If you thought that some past Thai administrations were awful, imagine the mess if current Red leaders were in charge. It would be like Thaksin's - ....with bloodlust.

WOW! This whole thing is so sad. I am not even going to pretend I know what is going on but one thing is for sure, there is more to it than there seems.

Very, very saddened by what is happening.

My sympathies lie with those that have lost their lives, on both sides. so sad today.

They should be working to stop the violence, not fuel it. And to think that these people want to lead the country.

They don't want to lead, they just want to plunder it.

Well Said !!!!!

CS

If the PM resigned now who would take the job. Would you rather have Suthep? Someone has to fill the job until new elections can be organized, and that will take time. If the PM quits now his replacement will also be tainted by this situation and will have little chance of surviving the next election. Negotiations should be held if they can find a red leader who isn't wanted by the police. Let the people go home for Songkran, further loss of life is all that will come from prolonging the protests. They have made their point, now if they want to be part of the solution move on.

A governement of national unity would take over

If they agree to leave then thats good .