Blood Urgently Requested

Gonzo the Face

Must be the work of the gods....

How fitting a retribution.

Blood is urgently needed in Bkk to help those injured in the recent violence, most of which , no doubt, are redshirt.

and just a few short days ago, those very same redshirts were squandering and splashing the very blood that may have been needed to save their own lives.

....and the emerald buddah split???????

Sadly, a soldier or Police Officer may need blood, as well.

Not to mention anyone else that may have been involved in a MVA or something & there may NOT have been a shortage if these shaninigans hadnt taken place.

THE NATION: Blood needed at King Mongkut Hospital - especially group O and B. Donation at Chalermprakiat Bldg.

• 2 weeks later...

Re. the preceding post (and I have read it din other threads as well), since people seem to be greatly inconvenienced or even harassed when trying to donate blood in Thailand, personally I do not feel inclined to do it.

My blood is type O (sorry, not sure about Rhesus!), but I would only have it checked for Rhesus and donate it if I were directly contacted by family or friends of the potential recipient, and everything (transportation etc.) were arranged for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Been browsing eBay (UK), and what do I find!

"HOME BLOOD TYPING TEST KIT" Easy-to-Use Tests for ABO & Rhesus - under 10 pounds.

Might be a very good idea for those who think they might be blood type O negative, but are not sure.

It is often mentioned that people with this blood group should consider having their own blood stored locally if they live in Thailand and engage in risky activities (such as riding motorcycles!).

Since I can't read/write Thai I am unable to surf the Thai Web - does anyone know if such gadgets are available locally?