Honda Airblade

james24

Im looking to buy an airblade. Ive checked to 2nd hand shops and I think they are both chop shops, definately the big one just off the moat near the new electronics plaza. Does anyone know a good 2nd hand shop where I can buy one? If that fails anyone know where I can buy a new one as nowhere seems to have them...?

Cheers

I bought mine in the San Patong Saturday morning market too.

Market starts every Saturday morning about 8am, m/c sales finished by mid-day.

Yellow songtaw from Chiang Mai gate past the airport, pass Hang Dong, just after San Patong (20bht for the fare)

I bought a used Nouvo from a shop down near the Saturday walking street. They had at least a half dozen used Air Blades and some new ones also. Nice people working there, and the guy who seems to run the place speaks good English.

From the southeast corner of the square, head west along the moat. When you hit the traffic light where the Saturday walking street begins (Wua Lai) turn left and go down the street before the walking street. The shop is a couple hundred meters down on the left. Google Map

that one near sat walking street is definately a chop shop, be careful. cheers for the advice guys, guess ill have to wait till after songkran to buy one now, oh well.

Edited by james24

that one near sat walking street is definately a chop shop, be careful. cheers for the advice guys, guess ill have to wait till after songkran to buy one now, oh well.

Just out of curiosity, what's your definition of a chop shop? Wouldn't it be hard to get the bike's green book and get it registered if it had been stolen?

Just out of curiosity, what's your definition of a chop shop? Wouldn't it be hard to get the bike's green book and get it registered if it had been stolen?

I really dunno about that. But I bought my Honda Wave there, and was quite happy with it. Been to Sapathong market on Saturday twice and couldn't see a real difference in the price between this shop and the market. So then I def. prefer from the shop as you know where to take it as anything goes wrong. Like been said before the guy speaks good english and whenever I go there it's always busy with mostly Thai customers, I dunno but for me that's a reassuring thing.

I also found that the difference between a good 2th hand bike and a new one is rather small and its personal interpertation if it's worth the difference. If you wanna buy a new one, go to any Honda dealer in town. I had a look at their shop in the sunday walking street (Ratchadamnoen) but I was pissed off by the fact that all the prices of a new Honda bike in CM are like 3000 - 4000 k more then BKK (I downloaded the 2010 Honda pricelist) and they simply say that's for transport.

I obviously instantly applied for the job of transporting bikes from BKK to Chiang Mai, as you put 20 bikes on a truck to make quite a decent living so it seems :).

Anyways, see if it is worth the small difference to actually buy a 2th hand.

EDIT: BTW had no problem with registring the bike or the check or the greenbook, all was well.

Edited by martijn12345

I bought a Nouveau at the SanPatong market last weekend. I'm very happy with it. I saw 5 or 6 Air blades there for sale. About 25B up.

Crikey, 25 baht's a good deal; do you think they'd do me five for 100 baht?

Seriously, though, with the small difference (usually) between new and second hand, I'd go for a brand spanker where bikes are concerned. Those Blades are fun and pokey, but best off getting a run-of-the-mill Dream and throwing a bucket of poo on it. Got less chance of it getting half-inched then. :)

Is 25,000 baht a small difference to you? Must be nice.

If you have a good 2th hand bike, the difference is WAY less then 25k. If your looking at that, then ask urself why it is so cheap.

The difference between a 1-2 year old, low mileage bike and a new one is not even close to 25k normally.

My 2th hand wave was just 9 cheaper then a new one.

About the pricelist. Its the first hit when you google Pricelist+2010+Honda+Thailand... Life ain't that hard :)

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/in...ycle_Price_List

I really dunno about that. But I bought my Honda Wave there, and was quite happy with it. Been to Sapathong market on Saturday twice and couldn't see a real difference in the price between this shop and the market. So then I def. prefer from the shop as you know where to take it as anything goes wrong. Like been said before the guy speaks good english and whenever I go there it's always busy with mostly Thai customers, I dunno but for me that's a reassuring thing.

I also found that the difference between a good 2th hand bike and a new one is rather small and its personal interpertation if it's worth the difference. If you wanna buy a new one, go to any Honda dealer in town. I had a look at their shop in the sunday walking street (Ratchadamnoen) but I was pissed off by the fact that all the prices of a new Honda bike in CM are like 3000 - 4000 k more then BKK (I downloaded the 2010 Honda pricelist) and they simply say that's for transport.

I obviously instantly applied for the job of transporting bikes from BKK to Chiang Mai, as you put 20 bikes on a truck to make quite a decent living so it seems :).

EDIT: BTW had no problem with registring the bike or the check or the greenbook, all was well.

I should add that this chop shop claims to guarantee their bikes against major problems for a year after purchase. I take this with a grain of salt as there's nothing in writing. However, a couple weeks after purchasing my bike I brought it back because the tire had a very slow leak and there was something funny with the headlights. They replaced the headlight bulb and put a brand new tire on free of charge.

Also, they handled basic insurance, the inspection, and registered the bike in my name for about 1200b (400b, 100b, 700b). Maybe a little pricey, but I didn't have to do a thing.

• 2 months later...

I should add that this chop shop claims to guarantee their bikes against major problems for a year after purchase. I take this with a grain of salt as there's nothing in writing. However, a couple weeks after purchasing my bike I brought it back because the tire had a very slow leak and there was something funny with the headlights. They replaced the headlight bulb and put a brand new tire on free of charge.

Also, they handled basic insurance, the inspection, and registered the bike in my name for about 1200b (400b, 100b, 700b). Maybe a little pricey, but I didn't have to do a thing.

i bought a bike today and changed the green book to my name with the tilacs help..........260 baht

Bought a second hand Air Blade for the wife last weekend, Sunday market on road to Maejo (over second ring, 100yds turn left into big market)

3.5 years old, mag wheels, 20k on the clock, 24.5kbht, 245bht to register.

Off to the Honda dealer, new front tyre, wash carb, labour 200bht, most of the cost bits, total 1350bht.

The bike had obviously been clocked back from about 50k .... as they all are.

But seems like a good deal for less than 1/2 the new price.

There were about 20 more Air Blades there for around 28-32kbht.

Why did the wife want this one? ...... blue very nice colour!

I'm under the impression that parts and labour are so cheap that if you buy at the right price the mileage doesn't matter.

Repairs are dead cheap, even a new engine is not that big a deal.

I previously bought an ancient Suzuki Crystal in a right state for 6500bht, took it to the Suzuki dealer and said repair everything.

Tyres, wings, clutch, headlamp, speedo, service .... worked out 2500bht for repairs, and an electric start m/c for less than a total of 9000bht, worked perfectly for 8 months and still going strong (gave it to a gf)

Thai ladies aren't impressed by old m/cs though, had to get an Air Blade for some street cred!

(Air Blade, Click, Scoopy, fino for impressing the girls, Neuvo and the new Honda aren't liked, too big for girls, considered farangmobiles)

Edited by sarahsbloke