Moto Gp

Turning to WSBK.

Aussie Troy Corser has given BMW their first superpole for todays races at Misano Italy.

Max is second. Brit Cal Crutchlow is forth followed by Spains Careless Chucker

These will be great races and they are live on Star Sports.

Thing is the first race is on here (Singapore) around 6pm, the second race clashes with England v Germany in the world cup.

My wife and kids are going to love me this evening, wifey is fed with the footy and little does she know that I,m going to be all out footy and bike racing later :)

Edited by soihok

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This weekend the MotoGP moves to Barcelona, Spain. Altough it is Pedrosa's home GP, I see Lorenzo winning this one as well.

MOTOGP: 1. Lorenzo, 2. Stoner, 3. Pedrosa Pole: Lorenzo

MOTO2: 1. Iannone, 2. Elías, 3. Simón. Pole: Iannone

125cc: 1. Pol Espargaró, 2. Márquez, 3. Smith. Pole: Márquez

I predict that the stand in for Aoyama, Kousuke Akiyoshi, will finish in front of Rossi's stand in, Wataru Yoshikawa.

How many laps they will finish behind the winner Pedrosa or Lorenzo ( I am divided on this),

remains to be seen. But it will be at least one.

I still think De Puniet is worthy of a podium and it is on the cards. This leaves Casey in front of Bens Pies.

Will Melandri be racing?

The grid is looking very depleted and Casey Stoner has commented on this earlier this week.

Well, I could be available. "Gis a go on yer bike mister"!!

For the time being after FP1, Wataru Yoshikawa ( Rossi’s substitute ) was 17th fastest, just behind Kousuke Akiyosh.

Melandri will race this weekend

Rossi moving to Ducati?? Based on MCN it is confirmed!!

new-paper-main.jpg

I hope it comes true really.

It would probably be Rossi's last couple of seasons in MotoGP.

Imagine how proud Ducati ,and all Italy, will be to see him race on an Italian bike. Like Ago on his MV!

I think he will go, especially with Yamaha's increasingly strong relationship with Lorenzo as he fires towards gaining this years world championship.

The reality of supporting such a high wage bill is probably beyond reach as Lorenzo will be demanding buckets full.

So 12 million quid, for a couple of years riding a Ducati about, I could do with something like that :)

Looking forward to the race...

It will be all Lorenzo and Pedrosa, with Casey at their heels.

Spies, Dovi, De Puniet...

Jorge Lorenzo domination again.

Dovi had a good go but pushed it too far and slid off.

The commentators were talking of the Rossi move to Ducati, and it would seem that its now almost a reality.

Good to see a Suzuki finish the race higher than the usual tenth place.

The Moto2 was a strange affair with the crew of Iannone unable to communicate with their rider to drop to second place after an earlier overtaking move under a yellow flag. He had to do a ride through the pit penalty...the tv guys said the pit is 500metres! He joined a long way back.

It was quite funny watching it unfold....will he / won't he...he just didn't get the message, which was not surprising as the team were writing messages in BIRO on his pit board.

Now my eyes aren't the best but no way would I see message in biro on a board as I pass it at 160mph.

Dreadful crash at the end of the moto2 race wasn't it?

Everyone was fearing the worst I'm sure, I thought he was a goner but he has been reported to be doing OK.

Terrible crash and the fence stopped the bike from flying into the start/finish straight grandstand crowd.

Get well soon Carmelo Morales.

Wierd thing is that the chequered flag was being waved instead of a red flag and he was just left there at the side of the track for what seemed like ages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM9lX84xWVc

Also, I was surprised to see a bike on fire during a crash in moto2, you don't see that happening much now, thankfully.

Lorenzo's domination is starting to be a bit frustrating for his opponents and boring for us ( fans ) since he has killed the last races with a big gap. I hope that Rossi will really be back at the Sachsenring GP as mentioned yesterday by ESPN commentators. Although, I'm sure that he will need some time to get fully fit and match Lorenzo's pace. <br><br>Good race for De Puniet, Bautista, Dovizioso and Simoncelli. Although the last two pushed over the limit and crashed they showed what they are capable of with several good laps.<br><br>Moto2 - Another good race by Iannone whom in my opinion was unfairly punished. How is the crew supposed to communicate with a rider that is fully concentrated on his job at 160mph...this is not F1 where the crew can easily communicate with the drivers. I believe DORNA should find a solution to improve the communication between the crew and the riders for special occasions such as this one.<br><br>Carmelo Morales, GET WELL SOON.<br><br>125cc - Marc Marquez has established a new record by being the youngest rider to win 4 straight races. Previously the record was held by Valentino Rossi ( Does anyone know him??? )<br><br> <br>

Well done Marc Marquez, good show.

Also the two stand in riders for not getting lapped.

I find it hard to believe that Rossi will be riding within a couple of months after suffering a compound fracture of the tibia about a month ago.

End of August, in fact if all comes true about his move to Ducati and that this years championship is over for him anyway, perhaps he will decide its best to take his time and gain full fitness first.

Remember what happened when Mick Doohan tried to return to racing too early after the crash at Assen in 92? Not long enough to recover.

Rossi would'nt take a risk like this.

Re Morales crash, from still photos glad to see track workers immiediatly on the scene knew how to treat somebody that had been hit on the back of the neck/head by a xxxkgs bike at xxxkph, perhaps TV director realised probably what was going to happen therefore no coverage until medical centre.

Still seemed like a long time before anyone got to him when watching the crash live in the race(minutes),,, should have been a red flag.

It was actually a very strange place to crash so the location of any marshalls on that side of the track in that position would have been very unlikely anyway.

I'm glad to hear he is ok.

Alex De Angelis will replace Hiroshi Aoyama at the Sachsenring GP and will be filling in for Aoyama until the Japanese rider's return in September. This is a good news for De Angelis as his season in Moto2 is being a disaster and he needs a breath of fresh air.

Re Morales, I'm also glad to hear that he is doing fine. Why Morales is not added on the Moto2 race classification when he and his bike have crossed the finish line? Is there any special regulation for this?

Cheers

Thats a good point actually.

Maybe the rider and bike have to cross the line together, with the rider on it. ???

Good to hear that there will be a competitive rider in place of Aoyama instead of just someone to make up the numbers.

I've just checked and you are correct as based on the article 1.24.4 - To be counted as a finisher in the race and be included in the results a rider must: B) Cross the finish line on the race track (not in the pit lane) within five minutes of the race winner. The rider must be in contact with his machine. Last Sunday race control did not have a good day. First with Iannone's punishment and then with Carmelo Morales(Red flag should have been waived and he should have been granted the eight place).

<font size="2">Valentino Rossi will ride this afternoon for the first time after his big crash at Mugello </font><span dir="ltr" lang="en"></span><font size="2">last month where he </font>fractured the right <em>tibia and perone</em>.<br><font size="2"><br>He will be riding a Yamaha YZF-R1 at a private test in Misano circuit.<br></font><br>I Hope that the test will be positive but he should not return to racing unless he is fully fit as this year championship is already on Lorenzo's hands.  <br>

Its Official.

Stoner to Honda!....again.*

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/161389/1/official_stoner_joins_honda.html

* To be fair, he will be with the factory team for the first time. HRC have stated (above) that they will want to retain both Dovi and Dani next year so we will probably see 3 factory Honda riders on the grid next year,,,,which is great news.

Honda will be receiving a huge benefit by having their engine in every Moto2 bike as a controlled engine, which is probably why they can stretch to 3 factory riders.

This will ,hopefully, boost the grid numbers even further as well as making room for more riders to gain ,well, rides.

I'm well impressed with Honda...where they have sacked F1 in favour of Moto GP and Moto2 and really offering such a great support for our, the raving public,s , benefit.

THANK YOU HONDA :)

So we all know what this means don't we?

The Doctor must have a report coming our way soon.

CHEERS

Hi Folks, sorry not to posted much recently, been doing the mrs visa for UK and daughters wedding, what a headache!!

Anyway, have been watching the racing, looks like JL is running away with it, Biaggi in WSB also, but the brits are making him work hard for it,

And the real good news is that Rossi has been testing, courtesy of CNN, he says, For sure, a few testing laps are very differet to a full GP, but i will be back very soon! i think all the world wants Rossi back, I certainly do,

Looks certain that Rossi will be with Ducati next year, who better to iron out the front end handling problems of the Duke?

It is a pain when visa time comes round ain't it?

I will have a few years before I experience the wedding of one of my daughters though..

I'll also be interested to see how he gets on with the Ducati mate. As far as I know there is nothing official yet but we can assume (always a dangerous thing to do) that he will go to Ducati.

Roll on Sunday :)

The Doctor is back and 5th place on the grid, after 6 weeks, not really startling news for a proffesinal racer and somebody who has a few quid in the bank, he loves his sport, and we love to watch him..

1975, my left femur was broken in a bike accident, it snapped and the bones went beside each other, left leg was 5in shorter than the right, so 2 weeks of traction and the a pin was hammered down the femur, they opened up my thigh to hold the bones steady, 47 stitches, then cut my buttock open to hammer the pin in, 12 stitches, they took it out 3 years later, still have it at mums place in the UK now,,

I was riding my Trident T150V just under 7 weeks from the accident, with the wrist crutches slipped over the silencers and a gungy band round the tops of them, Doubt Rossi will be doing that!!!!!

Like your bike Soihok, my younger brother has an 92 900 trident, a green Street Triple,2 year old Triumph Scrambler twin with the upswept exhausts and BMW 1200GS,

Some of the Triumphs ive had, Tiger 21,T110,6T, Thunderbird,1968 Bonny,T150v Trident, others at that time were Norton 88, BSA C10L Royal Enfileld Bullet 350,

I finnally went to Jap bikes in 1976, after having so many problems with the Trident, Honda 550F, CX 500,Kawasaki GT550, GT 750, GTR1000 times 2, then my favorite, ZZR1100 D1, still have it in the UK now, Here i have a Yam XJR1200, its ok, but doesnt have the grunt or the airbox intake roar of the ZZR, a real adrenalin pump!!

Cheers, Lickey,,

The damage to the leg sounds really painfull, the reality of great pain is always in the back of mind during my daily commute on the bike.

Can't let it stop me as I may as well not get up in the morning if that was the case.

You've had quite a number of bikes, I like the Yam XJR1200. Not seen any here in Singapore but they will be around.

Your brother sounds like a lucky guy, having so many bikes.

Only other bike I have is in Thailand but being a Fino I don,t think we can call it a bike (actually its the wifes,,,honestly).

This is the first Brit bike I,ve had, I grew up with Jap bikes and took my test in 81.

I've had a few GSXR's , VF750, V-Max (for 7 years). I club raced an X7 for two years and even a GS1000 for a year, ended up in Louth hospital after a highside at Cadwell knocked me out, but thats another story.

Should be a good days racing, I,m well impressed by Rossi's recovery. His absence has given us a taste of how the MotoGP show will be without him, and it did miss him did'nt it?

Cheers

Yes, Rossi got 2 races for the price of 1 , so 2 starts ect, much needed to give his injuruies a rest, but he did so well in both, when he went past Stoner, i nearly poored my beer in my ear!!, imagine the crowd if he got on the rostrum!! and his fans all over the world,,

Moto2 is a cracker, 41 starters, action all the way, If it wasnt for Rossis return, i dont know if id have watched GP, I havent studied the lap times yet but i was thinking it would be a good idea for the top 6/8/10/ moto2 riders to compete in the GP with there own engine choice, it could be feasible to make up grid numbers,,might even include a Triumph!! they are doing very well in WSS.

Cadwell Park, Was it Lincs & Louth DMCC? marshalled there a lot, never rode the track in anger though, Favourite spec point was the mountain, Read and Agos MVs wheeling and the lovely noise,

Funniest moment was when Dave Croxford JP Norton, pushed his bike down the little road near the mountain, jumped on to start it, got his foot between the rear wheel and guard, fell in a great heap!! Crocker twisted his ankle and Rex White [team manager rode the bike instead]

Cheers Lickey..

I'm amazed how well Rossi rode.

What a recovery!

Have to agree with you about Moto2, you know there will be some action and Elias rode a great race.

Well done to Dani and this was, another, worst result of the year for Lorenzo ...2nd!!

Thats the lowest he has finished a race this year.

Lincs and Louth DMCC, thats the one. I was also in EMRA ( Mallory) and Forgotten Era ( to race at Snetterton ).

Gerards at Mallory was an awesome corner, fell off on it also. GS1000,s aren,t exactly R1,s.

I feel for DePuniet, he was starting to edge towards a podium in recent races but a double fracture of the leg sounds as painful as yours mate, although I guess medical practices have improved eh??

Nice one with the marshalling, what years did you do that between?

Randy de Puniet underwent a successful operation on his left leg on last Sunday following fractures to his left tibia and fibula sustained in a crash in Sunday’s race at Sachsenring. Good luck and I hope he will recover soon as he was having an excellent year.

De Puniet now faces an as-yet unknown period out. Roger Lee Hayden will replace him at Laguna Seca on this Sunday GP.

Well done for Simoncelli, he is slowly improving his performance on the top class and for sure he will be a championship contender in the near future.

Lastly, the gyroscope camera used on V.Rossi's bike during the last race was AMAZING!!! It gives you an amazing feeling for the real leaning angle they are achieving......and it is scary :o.

Marshalling, i reckon from 1969 t0 1981, Snetterton being my local circuit, and Bemsee my favorite club, they let me pick my favorite corner which was Russels at Snetterton and bottom bend at Brands, Newmarket & DMCC was next, Forgotten Era, now New Era i think also, I really cant remember the X7 races, but do remember the Kennings Classic Kawasakis, production series open to all triple 2 strokes, that was our buisiest time, one name i remember was Roger Winterburn from this series.

Others of the day would be Ray Knight, Steve Trasler, Dennis Mcmillan,lots more who escape me now,,

Cadwell, ah the lunchtime break, free pie chips and mushy peas in the old canteen at the mountain, a real blessing on a wet day in Lincs,,

Back to the future, Yes, that gyro cam was great, at first i thought Rossi was crashing and nearly fell off the sofa, trying to keep the bike upright for him,,

Besides all the other graphics onscreen, it would be good to see a lean meter, must be getting near 50 degrees??